Hammond Organ In Thailand

Bengt

I have a good friend in Bangkok who owns two Hammond B3's, both with Lesslie 122's speakers... He is a retired Organist and brought both with his household goods when he moved over to Thailand 15 years ago... He has been offered Big Baht by different Thai's trying to purchase one of them, and he will not even consider selling... He use to rent one of them out for Studio use until one came back all scratched and dinged up.. After that he just says "No" when approached...

Pianoman

I have a good friend in Bangkok who owns two Hammond B3's, both with Lesslie 122's speakers... He is a retired Organist and brought both with his household goods when he moved over to Thailand 15 years ago... He has been offered Big Baht by different Thai's trying to purchase one of them, and he will not even consider selling... He use to rent one of them out for Studio use until one came back all scratched and dinged up.. After that he just says "No" when approached...

Pianoman

Hi..........nice to know that some owns some real original tonewheel Hammondorgans in this country, I learned to play by a Hammond model M-100 1968 but changed to synths later but i feel I miss my old Hammond and have some thoughts to try to import some parts and assemble it on place here.

Thailand have very good carpenters that can build cabinets and bythen it can be a great instrument as well as a besutiful furniture.

In my country Sweden there is a lot of old Hammonds for sale to redicolous prices...for an ex. a model H-300 for less than 50.000 THB but I think the cost of shipping and import tax will make it impossible for me to buy such instrument.

There's only one place i know to rent Hammond's and its not cheap (google JSS bangkok) - its not that bad to import second hand stuff like a hammond IF you use the right import agent!

(google - CTI Logistics Co Ltd)

The last company i worked for imported alot of equipment to set up a studio - IF your clever with your export invoices and use the agent above, importing SECOND HAND equipment isn't too bad!

I'm looking for a keyboard player, soul or jazz ...I have gigs !

Humping a B3 and Leslie up four flights of stairs is not required

Thanks....It can be hard to find a keyboardplayer thats familiar with a old tonewheel Hammond or a newer Hammond replicates thats have the similar sound, I learned to play long time ago on a M-100 but havnt play on a Hammond for nearly 20 years now and my idea with this topic was to search for expats that have experiences as organ players especially on Hammond to maybe create somekind of network based on interest for Hammondorgans.

my first place to stop would be Theera Music down in Yaowarat, between Soi 8 and Soi 10. In fact, I would go down to that hotbed of music store area and just walk the shops.

But... do yourself a favor, call Khun Nui: (66 2) 2248821. their web address is www.theeramusic.com

Edited by anothertorres