3Bb Pattaya Down Since 9Pm

Phil Conners

9pm sharp 3bb went down here-dsl light went off. (on android phone now, via gprs). Called 3bb who put me through to chonburi."yes sir server down in pattaya". Ok I replied, so someone is on the way to fix it, right? "yes sir 8am tomorrow"

Tit :realangry:

My 3BB internet is still working, im in Jomtien.

No problem until 3am when I quit!

Speeds vary and drops are frequent, but no more than the usual 3G excellence in service.

9am back on no problem still good speed, for Thailand, and drops that take resetting the router, but that is every day.

Hope you are soon, if not already, back on.

Kdf

I am in Jomtien also as Phil knows good luck!

Edited by kdf

Thanks. Yeah it came back on about 8.30 this morning. I guess I'm now connected to one of those mini-dslam servers Monty used to explain about - they're supposedly prone to crash and when it happens outside normal working hours there are apparently no provisions for doing anything about it until the regular staff returns to work next morning. Anywhere else in the world they have 24/7 staff on call for such things. Incredible.

If it makes you feel any better, my Super hi-speed BTV internet,(joking about the super hi-speed), has been down regularly every morning for a few hours for the past week.

Today it was down longer than ever so I called the office and by some miracle it was suddenly restored! They told me that it was due to Songkran, but I couldn't figure out whether is was because they were throwing water over the cables, shortage off staff to fix the problems or maybe even some sort of arbitrary rationing due to too many customers. I suspect the third....

As you say, TIT. Good job I also have a sim connection.

Thanks. Yeah it came back on about 8.30 this morning. I guess I'm now connected to one of those mini-dslam servers Monty used to explain about - they're supposedly prone to crash and when it happens outside normal working hours there are apparently no provisions for doing anything about it until the regular staff returns to work next morning. Anywhere else in the world they have 24/7 staff on call for such things. Incredible.

Yes, like the good ol' USA where they have 24/7 staff to man the air traffic control towers and then they decide to have a nice sleep on duty..... I wonder if they are Thais who used to work in the Thai internet business and somehow got themselves green cards :D