Offshore Deposit Income

Here is the suitation. I have an offshore deposit account in the channel islands , the income from which i have been declaring on my annual tax return back home. Now that i am Living in Thailand more than the 183 days per year, technically I am a tax resident here now.I have read that if i don't bring oversea's income into Thailand on the year it was earned i don't have to pay tax ? Can somebody explain to me exactly how this works and what the implications are if any ? Do I have to let the Thai tax aurthorities know that i am now tax resident here? Do I have to make an annual return here ? How do I prove that the money i transfered into my Thai back account was not earned this year ? etc etc

Any help would be great !

thaaanks

you don't have to declare yourself to the tax authorities. But in the highly unlikely event you are audited, then best to have a seperate account offshore where you salt away income earned in the previous year.

Then in 1 Jan, transfer those monies to Thailand for your annual expenses.

If audited (highly, highly unlikely) you then have evidence that monies sent to Thailand was income from the previous year, and hence untaxable.