Over 30?

lovejoy

>>In case you missed it on 60 minutes... This is for all you girls

>>30 years and over.... and for those who are turning 30, and for

>>those who are scared of moving into their 30's...AND for guys who

>>are scared of girls over 30!!!!... This was written by Andy Rooney

>>from CBS 60 Minutes.

Andy Rooney says: As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all.

Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to

ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit

around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And,

it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what

she wants and from whom.

Few women past the age of 30 give a hoot what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the

opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends

because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over

30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger

counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not

reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of

30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool

of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the

milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women

are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth

buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

???????????????????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women

are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth

buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage."

:o:D:D Lovejoy, you are my hero today. Thanks so much for sharing this. I will most likely use that quote for the rest of my life. Thanks.

Very, very funny but a lot of the points are very true, especially about the confidence & not giving a hoot (I got fairly abused in another thread on here for telling certain gentlemen that I couldn't give a monkies about their opinion of me :o) but I dont know about the pig & sausage bit though, I love my pig & his sausage & am happy to be his Mrs pig :D

Nothing wrong with that, Boo. The quote simply encapsulates the fact that more women than ever before are choosing not to marry. It's also a good response to the old, worn-out "milk" analogy.

edit: and then there's the "sandwich to a banquet" statement that so many in Thailand like to make. The only response to that is to wish them the best with the gastro-intestinal problems that are sure to follow :o

Ah, yes, I can see the flames queuing now :D

Edited by kat

Yes, and its interesting how many men will be threatened by this. God knows enough men on this forum are threatened by a woman who knows what she thinks and tolerates no bs. :o

And I'm willing to live with my pig for the sausage, he's a pretty good pig :D

The quote simply encapsulates the fact that more women than ever before are choosing not to marry.

This seems to be true in Thailand too. 3-4 years ago the Post Outlook section did a feature on educated Thai women who had chosen not to marry. All of them had either a Thai girlfriend or farang boyfriend and seemed very happy.

i posted this cause i thought the ladies of tv would enjoy it

im not saying i totaly agree with it but i thought it funny that i got this emailed to me by 4 different ladies over this past couple of days,they think i should date girls my own age as i normaly see girls that are no more than 25(i am 31)

i wanted to see if the girls on here agreed with these points and if there are more you could add to it

i cringed when i saw the pig and the sausage line and im sure it wont be the last time i hear it.

one more thing .how many of you ladies are happier in your thirtys than twentys? and why?

i would imagine for those who are happier being thirty one answer would be security,but putting that aside would you be happier knowing and haveing what you have now and being 20 again??????

Actually, no. If you take care of yourself, 30 is the new 20, 40 the new 30, 50 the new 40, and so on. Because of fitness and nutrition, a lot of women are looking at least 10 years younger compared to 20 years ago.

So you figure, with the added experience, education, maturity, and sexuality - because women peak a lot later than men - I have to say no, I don't want to be a 20-year-old again.

But there are plenty of 20-something-year old men who don't want 20-something-year old women :o

Edited by kat

I was getting the eyeball from a Thai lady who was in her late 30's the other day in the local 7-11, i hesitated catching her gaze though. I admit that I am probably pre-occupied with chasing younger girls.

You can imagine my horror when she went outside and got into a 4 million baht Mercedes Benz coupe and sped off.

Typical!

I am 36 by the way.

I prefer older women, my wife is 6yrs older than me and has given me a beautiful son. I can not complain.

I prefer a good optician. Women always lie about their age and I'm always fooled. :o

Mrs Meom turned out to be 5 years older than me but at 48 she's still going strong and sure knows how to wear me out :D

I was getting the eyeball from a Thai lady who was in her late 30's the other day in the local 7-11, i hesitated catching her gaze though. I admit that I am probably pre-occupied with chasing younger girls.

You can imagine my horror when she went outside and got into a 4 million baht Mercedes Benz coupe and sped off.

Typical!

I am 36 by the way.

:o In her late 30's as far as you could tell :D

i posted this cause i thought the ladies of tv would enjoy it

im not saying i totaly agree with it but i thought it funny that i got this emailed to me by 4 different ladies over this past couple of days,they think i should date girls my own age as i normaly see girls that are no more than 25(i am 31)

i wanted to see if the girls on here agreed with these points and if there are more you could add to it

i  cringed when i saw the pig and the sausage line and im sure it wont be the last time i hear it.

one more thing .how many of you ladies are happier in your thirtys than twentys? and why?

i would imagine for those who are happier being thirty one answer would be security,but putting that aside would you be happier knowing and haveing what you have now and being 20 again??????

Lovejoy,

IF I knew what I do now at 20 I'd probably be a very rich woman... BUT then I would have missed out on some of the best experiences that I've had in this life - both through pain and disoveries on the path I chose.

As much as it hasn't been an easy path, I'm richer for it and count my lucky stars for some of the incredible places I've been, weird and beautiful people I have met, and for the chance to live in the topsy-turvy world of Thailand.

I would say 30's are a time for enjoying the woman you have become and preparing for an even more interesting future. I've learnt a lot and far, far happier in my thirties than in my 20's. And sex is definitely better too! :D

ps. Anyone can wear red lipstick, but it looks better on brunettes. :o

I have always liked older women. I don't say this just as sex comment or as some dirty joke, but in earnest. When I was a teenager the women I was attarcted to, looked up to, respected, and used as role models were over 30.

I like strong women who know what they want from life and are not afriad to take it. Who don't fear being smart in front of people.

I am waiting for a woman president here in the states. Would be a refreshing change. :o

Typical!

I am 36 by the way.

each to his own kettle of fish. the 'late 30's' lady could have been any age between late 20s to late 40s. what does chrono age have to do with the price of tea? age is a mindset, didn't you know?

leez

If maturity = confidence, which in a way it does by the fact that though you may not gain confidence but jetison some of your insecurities, then women over 30 are very attractive indeed and they know who they are.

I've always prefered women to girls.

I have always liked older women. I don't say this just as sex comment or as some dirty joke, but in earnest. When I was a teenager the women I was attarcted to, looked up to, respected, and used as role models were over 30.

I like strong women who know what they want from life and are not afriad to take it. Who don't fear being smart in front of people.

I am waiting for a woman president here in the states. Would be a refreshing change. :o

Nice posts. Thanks guys, it's nice to hear this praise for a change in little girl land. Too each their own, as leezer said. But as I've always said, based on my experience, there is nothing more powerful than a union between a real man, and a real woman - one who knows who she is and what she wants, and from whom.

I would never want to go back to being 20. I feel now that I know myself and am happy with that, I'm comfortable with my sexuality which I think most 20 year olds are not. I have had a wonderful 41 years of life with all it's ups and downs all of which have taught me an awful lot, so I think that in your 30 or 40 or 50's and so on we should look at what we have learnt and achived and not wish that we could do it again. Live is to short to keep looking back when what's important is still to come

:o