Fatal Accident At Waterfall In Thailand Claims The Life Of A British Woman

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No inaccuracy? Sure there is. The article does NOT say 'Most foreigners are robbed here at one time or another'. But you claimed it did

No I didn't. :unsure:

Then you modified it to "(F)or British people at least, there's a higher risk of being robbed in Thailand than any other tourist destination", but the article doesn't say that either.

The article does say that though. It's right there, in plain English.

Now, it's my contention that your original claim that "most foreigners are robbed here at one time or another" is ALSO inaccurate

Again, I claimed nothing of the sort.

My most sincere apologies Oberkommando. I see now that it wasn't you that said 'most foreigners are robbed here at one time or another'. I honestly thought it was you but I feel badly that I repeatedly got that wrong.

You didn't claim that the article said that. You certainly implied it (erroneously in my opinion) when you offered that as corroboration of Ginjang's comment but I'm willing to concede that point and apologize for that as well.

I don't think I've got this part wrong: as far as I can see, the article does NOT say "(F)or British people at least, there's a higher risk of being robbed in Thailand than any other tourist destination". What it says is that "Britons face the highest risk of theft, food poisoning, traffic accidents and loss of belongings". That is NOT the same thing, is it? It seems to me that unless the article isolates for us the percentages of theft from that broad statement and compares that alone to the same statistics in other nations, it does not tell us what you say it does.

Again, truly sorry for my error.

I am the one that answered OBERKAMANDO who said the Brit was robbed before her death. IT WAS my reply to him that said the true happening here-- ""that most people are robbed here at one time or another""" so why are you accusing him of what I said ??? He stated a fact and I agreed that it happens very often. o.k. ginjag

Why? Because I made a mistake. It was indeed you who made the unsupportable and exceedingly unlikely claim. You agreed with him? No, in fact he never said what you said.

I have been coming to Thailand, off and on, for 6 years and have been robbed at least 5 times by Thais.

So 4 of you get a free pass!

If that is true, it is amazing. I have to wonder what you have been up to...(and wonder why you'd ever come back).

I have been coming to Thailand, off and on, for 6 years and have been robbed at least 5 times by Thais.

If that is true, it is amazing. I have to wonder what you have been up to...(and wonder why you'd ever come back).

yes why indeed would you visit a place you have been robbed in almost every time youv been something smells a bit fishy to me not sex tourist by any chance are you ?

She was robbed on Koh Lipe a few nights beforehand too.

Most foreigners are robbed here at one time or another, the reason being is that they do not take enough care. OR it's just that type of place. This is another young life wasted and wait to see what actually happened.

that is complete and utter nonsense most foreigners are not robbed at all were do you get your info from the drunk guy in the bar in his wife beater vest ?

that woke and found that the street hooker he picked up on his way home has helped herself to his wallet

My info only comes from being here 30 years and I am not a bar crawler just to put you straight. You are not seeing it, hearing it, reading it ???? I dont have to tell tall stories on forum to try to look good, being honest is not bad.

YOU get around and ask a good cross section of seasoned travellers and see if they all agree with you ??

Sorry to dissappoint you but my life does not get a kick out of observing vested bar swillers.

Being robbed can mean overcharged/ripped off/ scammed/paying tea money, take a wider view, or try living in cities/villages/towns.

Keep lucky my friend, good for you-but please don't preach to me and tell me what I have noticed all these years--you keep to your opinion, me to mine. but this reply should be linked to the topic as it was originally.

yes why indeed would you visit a place you have been robbed in almost every time youv been something smells a bit fishy to me not sex tourist by any chance are you ?

Agreed. And how would Mr. honolulu know with certainty that it was a "Thai" who robbed him in each instance? Ahhh, drunk and passed out in room, hired-hooker did a runner, never to be seen again. And to do this over and over again. Some people never learn.

My apologies to one and all for my participation in the egregious sidetracking. I'm not insensitive to the tragedy described in the OP. No more than I am to the innumerable other tragedies that happen to Thai people on a regular basis (or those that occur everywhere).

RIP, and one hopes her loved ones can find some peace and strength in what others pointed out: she was apparently living a full life and enjoying it.