Creative Tools

drycatchmini

Where can a creative pro get a decent retail experience in Bangkok?

I'm looking for a shop selling Canon's new EOS 5D and some used L series lenses.

I'd also appreciate if someone could tell me where to find the best Apple Computer supplier in this fair land.

Edited by drycatchmini

Try here for the Canon:

IMAGE FOCUS Ltd.,Part.

493/49 Pracharaj 2 Rd. Bangsue Bangkok 10800 THAILAND

Tel. 66-2911-5264

There are two Apple Computer dealers in Fortune IT on Ratchadapisek Road which sell lots of Apple accessories. Sorry, don't have the names of the shops.

I'd also appreciate if someone could tell me where to find the best Apple Computer supplier in this fair land.

A company called Copperwired Ltd that's owned by US-resident Thais operates several shops here until the name Apple Centre. There's one in Siam Discovery, one in J-Centre on Soi Thonglor, one in Geysorn Plaza, and another one somewhere else, I think. They are sharp looking stores, not at all Thai-style, with a reasonable selection of Apple products.

My own experience with them has been fairly negative, however. They seem to have few, if any, employees who speak enough English to be helpful to a non-Thai speaker. Far worse, I've gotten the attitude treatment there enough that I wouldn't go back again. Their clerks seem to think they're just too cool and hip for their own skin. To them that apparently means they should talk only to equally cool and hip young Thais and maybe a few Japanese. Middle-aged white guys are not on the same planet with them and we are rudely shrugged off and ignored into oblivion.

Try them if you want, however. Maybe you're not a middle-aged white guy, or even if you are, maybe you'll get lucky.

Thanks. Both for the location info and the "warning".

I am a middle aged white guy and try to avoid bad retail experiences from young hipsters like those you described.

When I do come across them, and in all honesty, having to deal with this type of individual, where ever in the world one might be, is really inevitable, I try to remember that they have stay at the ###### store when all I have to do is just leave...

Anyway, thanks again for the valuable information.