Sorry, Another Land Title Question!

so lets call it "a house"

Fact

Most Or Bor Tor (or Tessabaan) do not have the qualifications nor the staff to even consider a buildingapplication, and this goes for at least 2/3 of this countries land area. Villages as large as 10.000 residents still do not require buildingpermits, including my GF village. Tabien Baan is issued when roof is covered.

In more urban areas with better economy, buildingpermits area required, but this is hardly more than 1/3 of this countries area, probably less. But measured in population, I assume +50 million people live in areas where buildinpermits are required

Stats are available for those who seek :)

Well 'not required' here therefore means lack of enforcement of requirements.

What Thais in Nakhon Nowhere are practically currently able to do is not a real guide unless that's plainly stated.

(and as per a previous thread its the same as 'competent persons' err-ing)

not required means not required.

lack of enforcement is when you dont get fined for driving without helmet.

It is legally required.

Lack of enforcement (of legal requirements) in the past is no guide or protection for the future.

It doesn't need a countrywide crackdown or change of policy just a jealous neighbour or curious official on one occasion for whatever reason.

Doing it and accepting you have no shield is fine. Confusing that with protection is an entirely different matter.

so lets call it "a house"

Fact

Most Or Bor Tor (or Tessabaan) do not have the qualifications nor the staff to even consider a buildingapplication, and this goes for at least 2/3 of this countries land area. Villages as large as 10.000 residents still do not require buildingpermits, including my GF village. Tabien Baan is issued when roof is covered.

In more urban areas with better economy, buildingpermits area required, but this is hardly more than 1/3 of this countries area, probably less. But measured in population, I assume +50 million people live in areas where buildinpermits are required

Stats are available for those who seek :)

Well 'not required' here therefore means lack of enforcement of requirements.

What Thais in Nakhon Nowhere are practically currently able to do is not a real guide unless that's plainly stated.

(and as per a previous thread its the same as 'competent persons' err-ing)

not required means not required.

lack of enforcement is when you dont get fined for driving without helmet.

It is legally required.

Lack of enforcement (of legal requirements) in the past is no guide or protection for the future.

It doesn't need a countrywide crackdown or change of policy just a jealous neighbour or curious official on one occasion for whatever reason.

Doing it and accepting you have no shield is fine. Confusing that with protection is an entirely different matter.

a buildingpermit is legally not required in most of Thailand.

The goal is to require it all over the country, but this will probably take another decade or two

a buildingpermit is legally not required in most of Thailand.

The goal is to require it all over the country, but this will probably take another decade or two

Thanks for clarifying. However I still disagree. The BCA doesn't state it doesn't apply to most or any parts of Thailand.

Sure, more urban / developed areas have more detailed planning regulations but that's just specifics on zoning.

They all have the same starting point of the legal requirement for a building permit as per the primary legislation (subject to exceptions specified in the BCA which as mentioned earlier are the minority).

Edited by thaiwanderer

guess you forgot NS3G, which legally is on par with Chanote, but not as exactly measured. Banks accept NS3G on par with Chanote for registered loans

No, didn't forget it. Its not quite ownership.

?

Its a registerable, mortgageable and saleable right of use.

Its very nearly ownership but technically is not.

Yes, (like you) I'm splitting hairs but its not on a par with chanote which as per my point to which you were responding is the only ownership title deed.

guess you forgot NS3G, which legally is on par with Chanote, but not as exactly measured. Banks accept NS3G on par with Chanote for registered loans

No, didn't forget it. Its not quite ownership.

?

Its a registerable, mortgageable and saleable right of use.

Its very nearly ownership but technically is not.

Yes, (like you) I'm splitting hairs but its not on a par with chanote which as per my point to which you were responding is the only ownership title deed.

so NS3G land titles registered in Land Office on par with Chanote can be

sold with transfertaxes

morgaged

leased

usufructed

foreigner can apply for buildingpermit and have house ownership registered

on par with Chanote

but its not ownership?

well my knowledge is from real life and property deals only, so please educate me, I must have missed something

do you know how to spot the difference between a Chanote and NS3G title deed?

do you know how to spot the difference between a Chanote and NS3G title deed?

The chanotes have a red garuda on the title documents while the NS3 and NS3G have green garudas.

yepp, thats one difference :)

there is one more difference

the corner marks of a Chanote title each has a number, and this number is to be found on the actual marks on the land

NS3G land is still owned by the state.

As to 'spotting' the differences with land office records, words tends to help rather than relying on colors and numbers.

(I'll split hairs as much as you but would refer you to the original point for which you called me on NS3G.

As to your real life and property deal experience? I have little interest in comparing appendages but if you want we can.)