Thaksin To Unveil Pheu Thai's Policies

webfact

Thaksin to unveil Pheu Thai's policies

By PRAPHAN CHINDALERT-UDOMDEE

THE NATION

The Pheu Thai Party's policies to be unveiled on Saturday will include the Land Bridge-Pak Bara Port, which is expected to help make Thailand a new regional oil-trading hub, accommodation for elderly foreigners and loans for new graduates, a party source said yesterday.

Former premier Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to speak via video link from an unknown location at the event, which will be held at Thammasat University's Rangsit campus from 10.15am. At the event, titled "Thaksin's Ideas, Pheu Thai's Actions", Thaksin will introduce the policies, which includes the construction of the Pak Bara Port in Satun province and a bridge linking it with Songkhla Port on the Gulf of Thailand.

The project was studied by the United Arab Emirates' Dubai World during Thaksin's reign and is expected to attract oil and petrochemical traders who currently use Singapore as a hub for oil logistics from the Middle East to Eastern Europe. Being based in Thailand would cut transport time by between one and three days. With an initial investment of Bt100 billion, it is believed that foreign investments of up to Bt1.1 trillion would come in every year, the source said.

Besides developing a housing project for foreign retirees in Rayong or another province in the East, Thaksin will introduce the "Young Millionaires" project. Under the project, a Bt1-billion budget would be provided to each state and private university, which would cover loans for new graduates to start businesses, the source said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-21

The Pheu Thai Policies have already been unveiled...

Puea Thai Party Vows To Bring Thaksin Back Home

BANGKOK, April 18 (Bernama) -- The Puea Thai Party, aligned with exiled ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his red-shirt supporters, vowed Monday to bring Thaksin home to re-start his work for the nation, reports Thai News Agency (TNA).

Somchai Wongsawadi, a Puea Thai member made the announcement in Thailand's northern resort Chiang Mai Province, Thaksin's hometown, insisting that he and other Puea Thai members, along with other supporters and people concerned, will maintain a firm stance on trying to bring Thaksin home to resolve national problems by any means necessary.

Somchai, who is also Thaksin's brother-in-law and a former Thai premier, publicly said that the Puea Thai Party will announce its policy on electoral campaigns closer to the country's new general election in mid 2011 by April 23, acknowledging that the policy will be people-oriented in practice and mainly planned by Thaksin.

Continues:

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsworld.php?id=580102

Bernama - April 18, 2011

Edited by Buchholz

Sounds interesting, exciting even, another traumatic chapter in Thailand's recent tumultuous history is yet to unfold. I would like to ask these Peau Thai MPs just how exactly they plan to bring Thaksin home (on an airplane, in a coffin, by smuggler caravan?), particularly the rule books they intend to just 'tear up'.

Would someone also please remind them that the judiciary has more than enough evidence against Thaksin for breaking his ban on involvement in politics, and that their government will suffer a similar (farcical) fate as Samak's.

I do hope all the 'fence sitters' among the electorate are well aware of the ramifications of a Peua Thai government 'maintaining a firm stance on trying to bring Thaksin home to resolve national problems by any means necessary'.

it is believed that foreign investments of up to Bt1.1 trillion would come in every year

Very reminiscent of the 1 Trillion Baht from "foreign investment" that the Thailand National Treasury benefited from for selling 1 Million Thai Elite Cards to them.

Sounds interesting, exciting even, another traumatic chapter in Thailand's recent tumultuous history is yet to unfold. I would like to ask these Peau Thai MPs just how exactly they plan to bring Thaksin home (on an airplane, in a coffin, by smuggler caravan?), particularly the rule books they intend to just 'tear up'.

Would someone also please remind them that the judiciary has more than enough evidence against Thaksin for breaking his ban on involvement in politics, and that their government will suffer a similar (farcical) fate as Samak's.

I do hope all the 'fence sitters' among the electorate are well aware of the ramifications of a Peua Thai government 'maintaining a firm stance on trying to bring Thaksin home to resolve national problems by any means necessary'.

Agree.

"...bring thaksin home ....... by any means necessary."

Beware of thaksin and his family and cronies, there is a good chance they will just very quickly railroad legislation through the parliament to cancel thaksins conviction and all other cases against him and even possibly against his family.

This would be absolutely the worst possible precedent that could happen in terms of respect for the law and respect for the processes of the law.

Additionally, such an action would create a legal precedent which could be used again in the future. Legal precedents cannot be ignored, and in fact carry large weight in terms of ultimate case decisions.

But worst of all, this is the sort of action which takes countries one step closer to being lawless.

It's the ultimate double standard; thaksin and his red shirt goons screaming continuously about democracy and justice, then they have clear intention to destroy both.

I'm curious as to how amsterdam would twist and spin all of this.

Edited by scorecard

"A housing project for foreign retirees." And why Rayong?

With all due repect:

- Should a developing country be thinking about such a project?

- Surely Thailand has a million other priorities which come ahead of such matters?

'NO REPLACEMENT PARTY'

No soldiers leaving Pheu Thai: party leaders

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party has no plans to form a replacement party as a contigency in case of being punished by disbandment following the poll, party leader Yongyuth Wichaidit said on Thursday.

Yongyuth was reacting to speculation that his party was in the process of registering a new party called Pheu Tham.

Echoing Yongyuth, Pheu Thai MP and party deputy leader Ma Phongam said there was no replacement party.

Ma said every Pheu Thai MP would not abandon the party in the face of any false allegations about offending the monarchy and campaign violations.

He denied that he was planning to defect to the Democrat Party, saying he was a close friend of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and that he had nothing in common with the Democrats.

He insisted some 100 retired military officers with Pheu Thai membership would not leave the party despite the lese majeste concern.

News reports said, however, that General Jiradej Kotcharat, former deputy Army chief, had already resigned his party membership.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-21

With all due repect:

- Surely Thailand has a million other priorities which come ahead of such matters?

And you think it will be free for foreign retirees?:rolleyes:

It is Thaksin we are talking about

Edited by ola33

Puea Thai Party Vows To Bring Thaksin Back Home

BANGKOK, April 18 (Bernama) -- The Puea Thai Party, aligned with exiled ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his red-shirt supporters, vowed Monday to bring Thaksin home to re-start his work for the nation, reports Thai News Agency (TNA).

K. Thaksin's red-shirt supporters? Please remind me, how many months ago did k. Thaksin say 'I don't know them' ?

Anyway if k. Thaksin's work for the Nation starts on a humble footing like sweeping prison floors there is still hope for his future. IMHO.

Just seeing this Montenegro mans name in print make me see red. I dint even bother to read the article. I just wish he would ddd today, perhaps there's a good market for voodoo dolls with little square heads, complete and supplied of course with several pins. :angry::annoyed::bah:

i wonder if they did any research with foriegn retirees to see what their needs/desires were in regards to retirement communities?

or did they just pick rayong as a place to herd them into?

the one bit of constructive advice i would offer to thai business people targetting foriegn dollars is to actually research what they are interested in, instead of assuming.

It seems some have doubts on the usefulness of k. Thaksin explaining anything:

Fate of Chavalit, Snoh and Thaksin intertwined

By The Nation

The political landscape will hinge on the ongoing negotiations of three key figures, Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Snoh Thienthong and Thaksin Shinawatra, Pracharaj MP Sorawong Thienthong said in an interview with Thursday's Matichon online.

"Chavalit, Snoh and the figure in a faraway land are still talking (about political options)," he said in reference to Thaksin in Dubai.

Sorawong said the outcome of the three's talks would be crucial to how Chavalit and Snoh plotting their next move.

In earlier talks related to Snoh teaming up with Pheu Thai, Chavalit and Snoh told Thaksin to keep a low profile because the two were concerned about Pheu Thai being penalised by disbandment because Thaksin has Montenegro nationality and is barred from running a party, he said.

"My father (Snoh) is very concerned about Thaksin's role in Pheu Thai because what Thaksin is doing might lead to the dissolution of the party," he said.

He said if Thaksin decides to go ahead with his videolink to unveil the Pheu Thai campaign platforms on Saturday, then it is very likely that the party will be disbanded.

Should Thaksin fail to heed the warning of the two, Snoh will definitely change his mind on the alliance with Pheu Thai, he said.

Snoh might choose one of the options - to remain as Pracharaj leader or to work with Chavalit in forming a new party, he said.

Chavalit resigned his Pheu Thai membership on Monday.

[thenation][/thenation]

Edited by rubl

i wonder if they did any research with foriegn retirees to see what their needs/desires were in regards to retirement communities?

or did they just pick rayong as a place to herd them into?

the one bit of constructive advice i would offer to thai business people targetting foriegn dollars is to actually research what they are interested in, instead of assuming.

Perhaps an attempt to revitalize the ambitious Thailand Riviera project of Thaksin wherein 400 kilometers of the Thai coast would be redeveloped to resemble the south of France.

The Thailand Riviera project aims to develop the upper South into an internationally renowned destination. It will also be linked to eastern coastal tourist sites, such as Pattaya, Sattahip, and Rayong.

The Thailand Riviera project is expected to increase the number of visitors to 23 million by 2011.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_inside.php?id=1693

With all due repect:

Perhaps this intended to comfort some detractors in TVF?

I wonder how this flies with his rural supporters when one of his policies will be elderly farang homes.

It's not elderly farang homes so much as creating a draw to the area his family appropriated 1000's (some say 100's of 1,000's) of rai of coastal land belonging to the government. Anyway his supporters will surely be amongst those carrying the bricks and mixing the cement on the planned projects, so it's win/win.

I wonder how this flies with his rural supporters when one of his policies will be elderly farang homes.

It's not elderly farang homes so much as creating a draw to the area his family appropriated 1000's (some say 100's of 1,000's) of rai of coastal land belonging to the government. Anyway his supporters will surely be amongst those carrying the bricks and mixing the cement on the planned projects, so it's win/win.

Ok I get it now. I'was trying to work out what his gain would be on that policy.

Ok I get it now. I'was trying to work out what his gain would be on that policy.

Maybe SC Assets will get the contract to build the homes etc?

How Ironic it is that the Peua Thai are so against military meddling in politics when it has 100 retired military men of rank as members and has more MPs with Police or Army rank than any other party.

They just bagged another one, Pol Gen Pracha (former leader of Puea Pandin Party) who accepted the invitation to work with Puea Thai. It seems he'll be welcomed at a meeting to unveil the party's policies at Thammasat University's Rangsit Campus today.

Edited by rubl

Not a good idea for Thaksin to 'unveil' PTP policies. Tactically a mistake. The leader should do so. Yes I know, but if the PTP is not even pretending that 'it is not about Thaksin', then they might need that new party name registration pronto. One might even wonder if that is the way they want to go if their own polls put them out with the garbage and Thaksin is itching for another round of street fighting.

Not a good idea for Thaksin to 'unveil' PTP policies. Tactically a mistake. The leader should do so. Yes I know, but if the PTP is not even pretending that 'it is not about Thaksin', then they might need that new party name registration pronto. One might even wonder if that is the way they want to go if their own polls put them out with the garbage and Thaksin is itching for another round of street fighting.

They can not become a 'legitimate' party if he pulls the strings as he does in such a blatantly illegal manner. So yes, maybe they are letting his ego hang them out to dry as a party, and himself as a leader, so they have the opportunity to go elsewhere with personal face intact;

I didn't quit PTP, it was dissolved; Who wants me?

Edited by animatic

They can not become a 'legitimate' party if he pulls the strings as he does in such a blatantly illegal manner. So yes, maybe they are letting his ego hang them out to dry as a party, and himself as a leader, so they have the opportunity to go elsewhere with personal face intact;

I didn't quit PTP, it was dissolved; Who wants me?

More and more it is becoming evident that Thaksin does not have the stomach for an election which he has not forced through violence and political momentum. Now that the red thugs are off the streets their use is somewhat constrained and the yellows have already failed in their attempts to bring out the army. Failure begats failure. So plan B it is chaps to push push on LM and make less and less cover that Thaksin is our dear leader. With luck the party will get banned and then they can run around screaming 'Coup! Coup!', point fingers at their enemies and try to drag in international arbitrators to call for Thaksin's participation in a peace process. And then he flies in. Far-fetched? Unfortunately no.

NB I subsequently read elsewhere that Thaksin, apparently avoiding causing Pheu Thai legal problems, called his phone-in today a special address (not policy declaration). Smart lad to reconsider for now.

Edited by yoshiwara

If Pheu thai party win this election will the last one out of Thailand please switch off the lights? K Shinawatra is making K Abhisit more and more of a credible democratic leader. How did a man with so little common sense ever get to make so much money?