2011 Toyota Hilux 1Kd-Ftv 3000Cc Engine

1KD-FTV 3000cc engine is built by Toyota in 2000, and the 7th genereation Hilux which started in 2005 until 2011 are using D4D 1KD-FTV common rail system, I would like to know whether there are differences comparing 2005 up to the current model? Are horsepower the same? I read it from the internet and it says the injection pressure from 1350 bar to 1600 bar, so how much pressure is for the 2006 model and the current?

As I am comparing the current model, which is a whopping 968,000 baht for a 4X4 auto and a older model 2006 around 600k, what are the differences? Any significant improvement over the drivetrain and the engine? I notice the new model has a facelift, but I am more particular about the drive and the engine, and what about fuel consumption? Needs enlightenment. :coffee1:

2008 and up has vehicle stability control, better brakes, l hear lighter steering and brakes are used to control traction rather than limited slip diff's, so really a different animal. Also 17 inch wheels.

Engine virtually the same with a different type VN turbo, HP up a bit. Fuel consumption difference, don't know but mainly depends on your way of driving what ever the ads say.

:)

hp and tourque same from Nov 2004 to today, Thai spec

My 2010 3,o has a different turbo from the previous ones Iv had ,2004, 2005, 2006. It runs smoother and more quiet, so different ECU programming is likely. auto same. rear axle not same, as limited slip has been replaced by electronics activating rear brakes to avoid slip. Much more efficient

The major difference from Nov 2008 is much larger and better brakes requiring larger rims, VSC, cruise, powerseat, leather steeringwheel, and more comfy suspension. Lighter steering

IMHO, you get what you pay for.

Looks like the Aussie's have all the fun when it comes to the Hilux models. :( .

My Vigo in 2005 was 860,000 I liked it but wish I'd had taken the time to try the 2.7 V6, I drove one later and I wish I hadn't, my one didn't seem the same after that, until I chipped it, but still diesel noisey to me. :annoyed:

Looked at 2011 vigo 3.0 book the other day the engine seems to be the same as 2005 model, 2982cc diesel D-4D, Turbodiesel, commonrail 16-valve.

A 2005 Tacoma would of been nice to have in Thailand, 4.0 liter V6 engine that produces 236 horsepower (176 kW) and 266 ft·lbf (361 N·m) of torque.

Check this out the 2008 was a 4.0L Supercharged DOHC V6 306 hp this one must be fun. :crazy:

This looks good too, Oz 4runner post-87530-0-33082400-1303356051_thumb.j

Interestingly the 2011 Toyota 4Runner drops its four-cylinder engine and gains a brake-override system designed to prevent unintended acceleration.

Good riddance to the four-cylinder, which furnished slow acceleration and even slower sales.

That leaves a V-6 as the only engine for this otherwise unchanged seven-seat midsize SUV.

Edited by Kwasaki

2008 and up has vehicle stability control, better brakes, l hear lighter steering and brakes are used to control traction rather than limited slip diff's, so really a different animal. Also 17 inch wheels.

Engine virtually the same with a different type VN turbo, HP up a bit. Fuel consumption difference, don't know but mainly depends on your way of driving what ever the ads say.

:)

You mean I have to drive like a grandma to get my "Vigo toop-toop"?

Current Vigo has new front grill (same as Fortuner ??), with "VN Turbo" embossed on it, looks cool. Minor observation chaps :ph34r:

My inlaws from down south haven't got that on their new Vigo, well they did have, it's in the weeds somewhere in Ubon after an altercation, told him not to buy black. :whistling:

Hi Kata, since you have driven a 06 model before, many people were having bad experience when cornering, what about the current model, any big improvement when cornering? And is the current model VN turbo more powerful, please give me more feedback on the 2006 and current model, and the brakes, are they slightly or a lot more better? More details pls! Thanks! :) Is it worth to buy a new one for the changes?

My 2007 4x4 has noooooo probs on bends, like on rails, or stopping BUT if one drives it like a rally car then expect the consequence's, after all it is a truck. :)

If you got the cash buy a new one with all the upgrades.

Hi Kata, since you have driven a 06 model before, many people were having bad experience when cornering, what about the current model, any big improvement when cornering? And is the current model VN turbo more powerful, please give me more feedback on the 2006 and current model, and the brakes, are they slightly or a lot more better? More details pls! Thanks! :) Is it worth to buy a new one for the changes?

Cornering is the same on same tyres, but the Nov 2008 and upwards come with much better 17" tyres. Cornering and throtteling the older ones with limited slip makes a very wide drift, while the newer ones with VSC are on rails. BTW the older ones handle better than most, except Nissan Navara

Power and tourque stated same on all sold in LOS, but the 2010 feels more powerfull and smoother

The brakes are much, much better. First braking from 150kmh I would assume brakingdistance is reduced with 20-30 meters, and the following brakings with heated brakes even more difference. The newer ones stop from 100 kmh in 44 meters, no better LOS SUV or pickup

If you don want to spend 968k on a new one, you could buy my 2010 in white with 27k km for 850k :)

First class Insurance, No Claim Bonus and tax included, remainer on Finance is today 30 x 16.908 baht if you dont want to pay it all cash ;)

So the major improvements are braking and vsc, and btw Kata, why are you selling your 1 year old Hilux? Buying a GTR or what?? :) Is yours auto 4 dr 4x4? What is the average fuel consumption of an auto 3000cc 4x2 and 4x4?

its actually 1,5 year and that is the longest I have owned any car for 20 years :rolleyes:

We have another car, I can manage without pickup until November when the new Ford Ranger is out. Got an urge on that powerfull 3,2 fivepot and six speed auto :P

Vigo 4x4 auto fuel on Highway 140-160kmh loaded with Ninja 650R and stuff totalling 500kg is approx 9km/liter. Dont use it much locally, so dont know milage around town. always load it and go fast on Highways, so dont know milage during normal speeds and unloaded

I check a couple of times when I had mine i.e. 3.0 4D-4 auto 4x4.

Steady 90 -100 occasional 120 - 130 an 8 day round trip averaged knat's over 12 km for 1ltr.

Around the houses and it ticking over waiting for the Mrs going in and out of shops 9 -10.:D

When I chipped it, seemed much the same taking an average on Km to ltr bought.

I check a couple of times when I had mine i.e. 3.0 4D-4 auto 4x4.

Steady 90 -100 occasional 120 - 130 an 8 day round trip averaged knat's over 12 km for 1ltr.

Around the houses and it ticking over waiting for the Mrs going in and out of shops 9 -10.:D

When I chipped it, seemed much the same taking an average on Km to ltr bought.

Agree with that. :)

By any chance, does anyone know the fuel consumption for 2X4?

Remember Vigo 4x4 is demand only, 2x4 for everyday driving. Little difference, just carrying the extra weight of extra mechanicals, but l am sure the gurus here will have an exact figure. :)

And the VSC, how much more traction you get, a rough estimate?

Zero extra traction. The VSC fitted to the VIGO is a simple system that applies braking force to rear opposite wheel when severe understeer is detected - it is not a traction control system, and it's also important to understand that (unlike some more sophisticated systems) it won't help until you get seriously out of shape.

And the VSC, how much more traction you get, a rough estimate?

Zero extra traction. The VSC fitted to the VIGO is a simple system that applies braking force to rear opposite wheel when severe understeer is detected - it is not a traction control system, and it's also important to understand that (unlike some more sophisticated systems) it won't help until you get seriously out of shape.

Must admit I havent read the specs and setup for this VSC, but

it prevents understeer and oversteer

it works as limited slip off road on all 4 wheels, by braking the wheel(s) without traction. Huge difference off road. Also impoves acceleration on wet paved road, due to same feature

While with the old limited slip, my Vigo would often need two lanes for a while after accelerating out of a curve, the 2010 is always on rails if I dont switch it off

Maybe Kata you can give a rough estimate, like how many percent better with vsc control? Is this available for the 4x2 model too?

the older ones with limited slip rear end would easily do 180 degrees if I didnt throttle off, while the 2010 never drifts off more than 20 degrees. Would that be 80 % better?

never read the specs for 2wd, so cant help you B)

None of them do 0-100kmh in less than 10 seconds, but you can load them 700kg and still 10 seconds. auto shifts slowly and engine detuned ahead of each shift, rather normal for dieseltourque

Wow, you can do drifting without vsc, that is scarry man! Anything more than 50% improvement will be worth it, I think I will forget the older model without vsc, and get the newer one, or a brand new one, thanks Kata, this is definitely helpful.

I read in the forum that they will be some new changes in June for the Vigo, do you have any idea what are the changes? 2014 will be a brand new model. Toyota should have a 5 speed auto already, they are a bit back dated as now most have 5 speed auto already.

Wow, you can do drifting without vsc, that is scarry man! Anything more than 50% improvement will be worth it, I think I will forget the older model without vsc, and get the newer one, or a brand new one, thanks Kata, this is definitely helpful.

I read in the forum that they will be some new changes in June for the Vigo, do you have any idea what are the changes? 2014 will be a brand new model. Toyota should have a 5 speed auto already, they are a bit back dated as now most have 5 speed auto already.

in Thailand actually most still have 4 speed autos, Isuzu with 40% marketshare, Mitsu with 5-8% and Vigo with +40%, so probably approx 90% of all sold auto pickups in LOS are 4 speed

BTW drifting is funny, but only when you are awake and prepared for it ;)

Nissan Navara has 5 speed auto, but it has some problem with clutch & flywheel, so I think that applies to the manual version, but I think Vigo is still the best looking and easiest to sell of them all.

I went down to the showroom yesterday and was told that VSC only available to the model 4x4, and now they are taking orders for the slightly remodeled vigo, which will be here in November. I asked whether there would be a 5 speed auto but they knew nothing about it too. Let's hope there will be.

Nissan Navara has 5 speed auto, but it has some problem with clutch & flywheel, so I think that applies to the manual version, but I think Vigo is still the best looking and easiest to sell of them all.

I went down to the showroom yesterday and was told that VSC only available to the model 4x4, and now they are taking orders for the slightly remodeled vigo, which will be here in November. I asked whether there would be a 5 speed auto but they knew nothing about it too. Let's hope there will be.

With the low down torque of the Vigo,don't worry about a five speed, four speed bullet proof. :)

The biggest problem you'll have with a new VIGO is availability - the combination of parts supply problems out of Japan, and minor change on the way are a recipe for very, very long queues..

you bet, best case 4 months

sold my 2010 today, 18 months, 28k km, no scratches, 850k baht to a bkk dealer. Came to Phuket by bus this morning, they sold it to their customer at 900k to be delivered on Friday

The biggest problem you'll have with a new VIGO is availability - the combination of parts supply problems out of Japan, and minor change on the way are a recipe for very, very long queues..

sold my 2010 today, 18 months, 28k km, no scratches, 850k baht to a bkk dealer. Came to Phuket by bus this morning, they sold it to their customer at 900k to be delivered on Friday

Amazing. :huh:

yepp, cash in pocket

unfortunately tank was full of V-Power ;)

my GF still crying over the wasted "oil":lol:

yepp, cash in pocket

unfortunately tank was full of V-Power ;)

my GF still crying over the wasted "oil":lol:

Yeh, l get that here with my beer intake. :lol:

Yep bit of a p*ss*r all round. Just back from a local Toyota garage to pick up our 5000 Baht order fee for the new Vigo we ordered.

Young sales bloke told us that he has had to inform over 70 customers that their new motors were unlikely to be delivered for some time, could not even hint at a delivery date.

This in a small dealership in the republic of south Phetchabun. :ph34r: