Ayutthaya 'Sex Lottery' Exposed, Cops Get Tough On Getting Lucky

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw a Thai sitcom on this sort of thing except it was a young male who was the 'prize' and the ladies (well one ladyboy) who were all doing the bidding. Same thing happened - Thai poice busted it up at the scene.

In all seriousness though, these 'dudes' paying into this lottery had to be either real hard up for cash, cheap azzes or just plain losers. Thai police should arrest them too.

Ayutthaya City Police Superintendent Col Narinat Phutthaisong said the suspects would be charged with soliciting and selling sex.

There is a place in Thailand were they could round up and charge maybe a 1,000 farangs per week for soliciting and just as many bargirls for selling it. I guess the BIB have never heard of this seaside city.

The problem is that this places of debauchery are cunningly concealed behind bright neon signs and scantly clad young women soliciting patrons. It does take a significant amount of detective work to find them.

Dr Jiraphan Phimphan, chairman of the Ayutthaya Provincial Cultural Council, described the sex lottery as "disgusting" and said it dishonored women by valuing them at just 30 baht.

Hope he didn't up the bid. :whistling:

Curious what figure constitutes "honoring" women? 40? 100 is a nice round number...

And once again, the image of Thailand is being eroded!!!!

Have you noticed something? It's mostly the Thais themselves who erode the country's oh so precious image - constantly, methodically, ignorantly.

Another question: For long have the police known about that lottery before they were practically forced to step in due to the media exposure? It's a rhetoric question, I know.

Here bl____y here.

The foreigners don't have to do very much to erode the countries image. I am sure that the rest of the world can see what is happening, just by looking at the Phuket jet-ski scams for one, Pattaya for two, and then the political debacle that is often played out on the world stage.

The foreigners here that are making a bad name for themselves would make a bad name for themselves anywhere, but in a country where the law doesn't count for much (except how much the bribe will be to clear your name) they stand out a little higher than most.

No one ever states the fact that there are far more good, well behaved, law abiding (Using their own countries laws), decent foreigners here, however because they aren't doing anything wrong, they will never feature in the news.

And once again, the image of Thailand is being eroded!!!!

Have you noticed something? It's mostly the Thais themselves who erode the country's oh so precious image - constantly, methodically, ignorantly.

Another question: For long have the police known about that lottery before they were practically forced to step in due to the media exposure? It's a rhetoric question, I know.

Here bl____y here.

The foreigners don't have to do very much to erode the countries image. I am sure that the rest of the world can see what is happening, just by looking at the Phuket jet-ski scams for one, Pattaya for two, and then the political debacle that is often played out on the world stage.

The foreigners here that are making a bad name for themselves would make a bad name for themselves anywhere, but in a country where the law doesn't count for much (except how much the bribe will be to clear your name) they stand out a little higher than most.

No one ever states the fact that there are far more good, well behaved, law abiding (Using their own countries laws), decent foreigners here, however because they aren't doing anything wrong, they will never feature in the news.

"...increasingly popular with male factory workers in the central Thai province...." It would appear that this is primarily a Thai issue. How are "wealthy" foreigners shown to be involved here? This is a cheap lottery for poor factory worker class locals. The foreigners are busy on Koh Samui and Phuket etc... paying 1500 baht for their night's pleasure. At least we are not dishonoring these women by valuing them so cheaply.:crazy:

Edited by 61guitarman61

Ayutthaya City Police Superintendent Col Narinat Phutthaisong said the suspects would be charged with soliciting and selling sex.

There is a place in Thailand were they could round up and charge maybe a 1,000 farangs per week for soliciting and just as many bargirls for selling it. I guess the BIB have never heard of this seaside city.

The problem is that this places of debauchery are cunningly concealed behind bright neon signs and scantly clad young women soliciting patrons. It does take a significant amount of detective work to find them.

1,000 farangs and 5 girls per on any given night.

Edited by animatic

where there is a demand, someone will supply.

If men demand...erm...something

then someone will supply that...erm...something :o

Look no further, prostitution exists because men have ...erm...needs.... :)

So you admit that it's the fault of men and their 'needs.' I'd like to see you have that argument with a Buddhist monk in Thailand. :lol:

Dr Jiraphan Phimphan, chairman of the Ayutthaya Provincial Cultural Council, described the sex lottery as “disgusting” and said it dishonored women by valuing them at just 30 baht.

Everybody's heard this one..

"Ain't gonna do it for a dime no more,

Makes me weak and makes me sore,

Fifteen cents, that's my price,

Gimme a quarter and I'll do it twice."

I've been struggling for years to increase my value, but hard to tell if I've succeeded.

Dr Jiraphan Phimphan, chairman of the Ayutthaya Provincial Cultural Council, described the sex lottery as "disgusting" and said it dishonored women by valuing them at just 30 baht.

Curious what figure constitutes "honoring" women? 40? 100 is a nice round number...

Yes! What an idiot to state that 30 bahts to cheap for a Thais honor.cheesy.gif