More Blackouts!

JohnLee

Thaicom and the ICT minister have now reported it as being a technical problem with the Satellite.

Funny side note: Its caused quite a stir on twitter this afternoon, as people associated the TV blackout with the start of another coup....

-Mestizo

Thaicom and the ICT minister have now reported it as being a technical problem with the Satellite.

Funny side note: Its caused quite a stir on twitter this afternoon, as people associated the TV blackout with the start of another coup....

-Mestizo

dont you mean twater lol

-Mestizo

my first thought, ........

A true visions technician said it would take at least 2 hours to sort out the problem but that maybe thai time so expect longer delays in broadcasting. Have true Visions paid the fees to Thai Com for the use of the sattelite? Who knows what is going on as the call centre have no idea. Will True Visions give any discounts for lack of service to users?. I doubt it but even an apology would be nice. Hope the problem is rectified soon otherwise l will have to have a conversion with the wife as an alternative as nothing else to do

-Mestizo

my first thought, ........

Folks forget that the airwaves were full of soothing patriotic music & images during the last coup. Only 3rd-world countries just cut if off nilly-willy. Thailand has more experience in coup-making than that! Please! annoyed.gif

The satellite is down and no time frame for return. Guess people will have to discover the lost art of conversation !!

Was just about to hunt up "Conversation for Dummies" in my library, when the system came back up. Whew! whistling.gif

Cutting TV for a coup is just so 70's.

Now it's all about spiking FB and Twitter. If they, and all the cell phone networks go down, then it's coup time and tanks get parked all over people's lawns.

Edited by folium

Don't know about the TV, but my internet went totally out around that time!!!.

But seriously folks, if they tried to shut down the media to keep a coup quiet, it's impossible these days with BB, FB, and all the cellphones. Don't know why people still think that just a TV blackout would mean a coup. If you think back to that earthquake a while back, tFB was the fastest media!. beat CNN, BBC and local media too busy showing soaps.

WETV was down as well. The Thais in my home were panicking that they would miss the soap operas.

As I recall a big complaint at the last coup was many people DID miss the soap operas :rolleyes: If the military are smart next time, rather than black outs, or patriotic music, they'll play soap operas on every channel to keep the local indoors :o

Edited by Paagai