Thaicom 5 Down For Three Hours

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ICT is probably just repositioning it to catch more internet sites..Wikileaks reported that Thailands censorship at the moment rivals Chinas'!!'Freedom of Information isn't a devine right here anymore!!

Shh, you'll wake the Thaksin obsessives.

leave it with me, i will find a way to weave this scandalous satellite downtime into some cloak and dagger political strategy orchestrated by Thaksin

it won't be difficult, i have such a broad canvas of felonious acts to draw inspiration from..........

My professor of animal behaviour told us to always follow the law of parsimony when dealing with seemingly complex events arising from everyday events. I believe you artsie guys call it Occam's Razor. In plain english, it holds that when there are multiple explanations for an event, all of which are possible and equal in other respects, use the explanation that makes the fewest new assumptions.

I'll go with events being a standard glitch common to satellite communications.

To put this in another perspective.

Transfer of Traffic Thaicom 5 Satellite

From Russia Today http://www.rttv.ru/

Shin Satellite Public Company Limited (Shinsat) informed that THAICOM-5 was successfully launched into orbit on May 27, 2006. THAICOM-5 is located at 78.5 degrees east to replace THAICOM-3.

Shinsat completed all necessary satellite testing for commercial use on THAICOM-5.

We would like to inform you the date and time for traffic to transfer transmission from Thaicom-3 to Thaicom-5. The following details below:

Thaicom-3 transponder 6G

Date: July 12 2006

Time: 18:58 – 19:03 GMT

The satellite parameters for reception Russia Today channel from Thaicom-5 will remain the same as Thaicom-3.

In order to avoid any problems and make the transfer smoothly and efficiently, we will need to stop the transmission for 3 minutes with full cooperation of Shinsat, during the above date and time the channel will be interrupted.

......ไทยคม 5 จะเริ่มถ่ายโอนช่องสัญญาณจากไทยคม 3 ตั้งแต่วันที่ 12 กรกฎาคม 2549 เริ่มที่ช่องรัซเซียทูเดย์ ความถี่ 3640H 28066SR ครับ

Let us not discount that the company that installed the Thaicom software and financed the launch and set up of Thacom 5 in 2006, was the the JUST recently sold Shinsat, owned by Thaksin until a few months previous.

I do NOT assume that Temasek suddenly analysed

every snipet of code for backdoors and other access points by Shinsat techs.

Thaksin, known for micromanagement and total control, can NOT be ruled out as having had a back door access installed and left for his use. Especially considering he was under pressure at that time. Not as much as he would be POST Temasek sale, but control freaks think to use all their assets, and Thaksin would see the satellite as a way to control information..

If that could be used to cause a 'technical glitch' occasionally, that might serve his political interests is a given. All it takes is an up-link and knowledge of the frequencies and satellite placement. Yes passwords can be changed, but a back door is just that, a way around the typical security known only to a few.

Seems just having a glitch at 6pm is enough to totally upset the country....

Imagine what a faux transmission of 'military looking committee purporting to be a New Junta' would do, if that went out on the air 'announcing a coup that didn't exist', as false flag reason to have red shirts rising up 'to fight against the coup'.

Coup what coup,

oh the ones those guys on TV said they were doing...

In all of the Thaksin "evil deeds" posts this must be the tops! I can picture him now, stroking his white cat, ready to take over the world.

The ICT is probably just repositioning it to catch more internet sites..Wikileaks reported that Thailands censorship at the moment rivals Chinas'!!'Freedom of Information isn't a devine right here anymore!!

Shh, you'll wake the Thaksin obsessives.

leave it with me, i will find a way to weave this scandalous satellite downtime into some cloak and dagger political strategy orchestrated by Thaksin

it won't be difficult, i have such a broad canvas of felonious acts to draw inspiration from..........

Cue one of the Thaksin obsessives......... Don't worry, Khun Mark has it rather well sewn up with his computer crimes act and a little bit of LM as well - should keep the opposition occupied for a while, no need to bugger about with the satellites. In the meantime try consulting with animatic.

Interesting reaction from the villagers to the satellite going off air. Not one person believed the technical fault story. Government supporters are as rare as hens teeth round here.

It's a shame you couldn't educate them with the reality... with something like...

A communication satellite suffers a rare technical fault.

They don't have to be government supporters to learn some basics regarding satellites.

Edited by Buchholz

Interesting reaction from the villagers to the satellite going off air. Not one person believed the technical fault story. Government supporters are as rare as hens teeth round here.

It's a shame you couldn't educate them with the reality... with something like...

A communication satellite suffers a rare technical fault.

They don't have to be government supporters to learn some basics regarding satellites.

I prefer to let them decide what to think for themselves. Just like the members of this forum do.