I have a current Fixed Acc, opened here in Thailand 20 years ago, my question is, can when im in the U.K. pay money into the London Brach,for withdrawall later when i return to Thailand.It seems so simple, i doubt if you can without a load of Hoop Jumping thats so beloved here.Any Ideas Folks ?,the local branch cant speak any English, suprise ,suprise. I also have a Current Acc, sodoes that work there with the ATM Card.I havent been back for 18 years thank heaven.

I use this method all the time, I transfer money online from my UK account into the London Branch of Bangkok Bank, they forward it to Thailand, there is a 15/20 GBP fee depending on whether you have the money converted to baht in London or Thailand.

It generally takes 4 days from the moment you instruct UK bank to send to receiving money into Thai account.

Its 3 days for the UK bank and just 24 hrs for Bangkok Bank.

There is full information how to do it on the Bangkok Bank website.:jap:

http://www.bangkokba...0from%20UK.aspx

Special Offer! Free subscription to SMS Remittance Alert – the person in Thailand who will receive the money can get a free SMS notification once the funds have been deposited into their account. Click here for further details.

If you plan using soon dont forget this:

Important outgoing/incoming funds transfer notice – UK bank holidays

(April & May 2011)

A number of bank holidays will be held in the United Kingdom throughout April and May 2011:

- Friday, 22 April 2011: Easter holiday

- Monday, 25 April 2011: Easter holiday

- Friday, 29 April 2011: Royal Wedding

- Monday, 2 May 2011: May bank holiday

- Monday, 30 May 2011: Spring bank holiday

Edited by CharlieH

You can remit money to your account in Thailand through Bangkok Bank in London, however, there are rules regarding limits and identification and you should enquire before sending the money to them to transmit. You cannot of course open an account at the London branch.

Thanks for your replys, nice and clear, so if i give the London Branch my Thai Acc No, i can just pay in / transfer ,and not have to go to the Bank Personally, i suppose my pension could be paid direct ino Bkk Bank instead of Barclays then.?. Or again is that too easy., im so shocked these days, if my logic is accepted.

I use this method all the time, I transfer money online from my UK account into the London Branch of Bangkok Bank, they forward it to Thailand, there is a 15/20 GBP fee depending on whether you have the money converted to baht in London or Thailand.

It generally takes 4 days from the moment you instruct UK bank to send to receiving money into Thai account.

Special Offer! Free subscription to SMS Remittance Alert – the person in Thailand who will receive the money can get a free SMS notification once the funds have been deposited into their account. Click here for further details.

(April & May 2011)

A number of bank holidays will be held in the United Kingdom throughout April and May 2011:

Good info :thumbsup:

Could you also transfer the money to a £ account at Bkk Bank?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

(April & May 2011)

Good info :thumbsup:

Could you also transfer the money to a £ account at Bkk Bank?

RAZZ

Yes, can do.

Please just call the branch. Contact details can be found here.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/About%20Bangkok%20Bank/About%20Us/International%20Branches/Pages/Branch%20in%20UK.aspx