Solar Electricity

lowerlakeside

I live near Chaiyaphum and i am looking for any information i can find on suppliers of Residential Solar Power Systems.

In particular if anyone knows where i can purchase a complete system,hopefully using Solar Roof Tiles(Shingles)

or solar panels if need be.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated…

Cheers

Gary

What size system, backup or off-grid, kW load? As a general rule solar power it is quite expensive here in Thailand, as everywhere. There are several good topics on ThaiVisa discussing the subject. Try this link: Solar Powered Home to get started.

Thanks for the link.

Too soon to calculate my power requirements.Im still at very early stages of house design and power consumers.

Likely will use a system that interfaces the grid but looking at all options.

Yes i realize its an expensive technology still but really tired of on again off again power,and not interested in generator back up to the grid.

Thanks again.

Gary

GF's brother designs and installs them in Korat. Won't be able to contact him for another week and a half. He's out of town on a construction job. I'll try to get info at that time if you are still interested. Also consider wind power possibilities.

Lowerlakeside said:

However, I believe that the Thai rural electrical system is not stable enough to interface solar power with it.

PEA is using solar power BECAUSE the grid in rural areas is not stable enough :rolleyes:

Lowerlakeside said:

However, I believe that the Thai rural electrical system is not stable enough to interface solar power with it.

PEA is using solar power BECAUSE the grid in rural areas is not stable enough :rolleyes:

Exactly. PEA is using subsidized off-grid solar power. However, said solar power is not interfaced (connected) with the grid.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Any HomeMart sells solar roof tiles. But the devil is in the details and unlike the USA, for normal homeowners here in Thailand, I am not aware of any utility or Government subsidies for residential solar installations. You might be advised to attend the upcoming Architect Expo or the Energy Expo (two separate expos) held in Bangkok that will have displays of the products, English speaking staff and no shortage of brochures.

What size system, backup or off-grid, kW load? As a general rule solar power it is quite expensive here in Thailand, as everywhere. There are several good topics on ThaiVisa discussing the subject. Try this link: Solar Powered Home to get started.

Thanks for the link.

Too soon to calculate my power requirements.Im still at very early stages of house design and power consumers.

Yes i realize its an expensive technology still but really tired of on again off again power,and not interested in generator back up to the grid.

Thanks again.

Gary

Check out this link for typical off-grid solar systems: Off-Grid Solar Kits from a company with a Bangkok office.