Will start off with the pics..

2011 VIGO Minor Change spy shot:

ansadobe8993953.jpg

2011 VIGO Minor Change spy shot:

v102797901.jpg

2011 VIGO Minor Change Artist Impression:30349119299180928959.jpg

2011 Fortuner Minor Change Artist Impression:95436412302826398109.jpg

Confirmed Changes:

All-new front sheetmetal, and new wheel flares.

Selected VIGO models to get a 7" LCD screen, GPS navigation, reversing camera, and a 60,000 Baht price increase.

So what do you guys think of the changes?

For me, it looks like they took the wheel arch flares from a Colorado, the headlights from a Toyota Crown, and the grille from a Honda City ;) It's definitely more masculine looking than before, but the way it all comes together makes it feel like something that Great Wall (the Chinese manufacturer) would produce :D

I'm curious how it'll end up looking in "Western" trim - i.e. without all that chrome (that only works in Asia).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

spot on MRO, Colorado wheelarches and Crown front for Vigo. Fortuner front not to bad.

usually a minor change like this indicates design of next gen, so Toyota designers need to sharpen up.

More curios about new spec, is there a 5 speed auto and 173 hp as in EU line?

And they still haven't done something about that ludicrous slightly off centre, plonked on bonnet/hood scoop when all the other manufacturers have done a great job. :rolleyes:

Just had to step outside and look at my truck. Had it three years and never noticed the scoop was off centre :wub:

And they still haven't done something about that ludicrous slightly off centre, plonked on bonnet/hood scoop when all the other manufacturers have done a great job. :rolleyes:

Just had to step outside and look at my truck. Had it three years and never noticed the scoop was off centre :wub:

Yeh, petty l know on my part but when stuff on a ride is basically symmetrical to me it looks odd. If they made it wider to sit in the middle it would improve it but it still looks like an after thought ad on. Take a look at how Isuzu have dealt with the scoop :).

Tell me why they fuk around why not do like Mitsu and put the inter-cooler in the front then no need for bonnet scoop.

Performance wise the shorter the distance for the cooling is better, thats why the cooler is on top.

Tell me why they fuk around why not do like Mitsu and put the inter-cooler in the front then no need for bonnet scoop.

intercooler on top provides shorter pipes/hoses and thus shorter delay in throttle response and more efficient cooling

isu mostly use intercooler in front, but for top hp VGS its on top

intercooler on top provides shorter pipes/hoses and thus shorter delay in throttle response and more efficient cooling

isu mostly use intercooler in front, but for top hp VGS its on top

I changed it for this. :lol:

post-41816-0-61255200-1303633075_thumb.j

spot on MRO, Colorado wheelarches and Crown front for Vigo. Fortuner front not to bad.

usually a minor change like this indicates design of next gen, so Toyota designers need to sharpen up.

Have just been conducting some somewhat unscientific market research - getting a group of approx. 60 Isaan villagers slighlty mao (have to get their attention somehow right?), and instigating a debate between them on which looks better - the new Ranger T6, the VIGO minor change and the Colorado Show truck (GMI-700).

Colorado won hands-down, Ford T6 a very, very distant 2nd, and VIGO with just one solo supporter. This from a Toyota stronghold - absolute opposite of what I expected. Times are changing...

Have lots of speculation, but no hard facts ATM I'm afraid. Will update as more solid info comes to light.

At this stage I'd say that the 168HP (173PS) power upgrade is a gimme, 5AT possible.

Anyways, back to the drinking... my pet hate brand is the new darling of Issan :(

Have just been conducting some somewhat unscientific market research - getting a group of approx. 60 Isaan villagers slighlty mao (have to get their attention somehow right?), and instigating a debate between them on which looks better - the new Ranger T6, the VIGO minor change and the Colorado Show truck (GMI-700).

Colorado won hands-down, Ford T6 a very, very distant 2nd, and VIGO with just one solo supporter. This from a Toyota stronghold - absolute opposite of what I expected. Times are changing...

Have lots of speculation, but no hard facts ATM I'm afraid. Will update as more solid info comes to light.

At this stage I'd say that the 168HP (173PS) power upgrade is a gimme, 5AT possible.

Anyways, back to the drinking... my pet hate brand is the new darling of Issan :(

BUT, it doesn't matter what LOOKS better, it's what they would actually buy. :lol: