Australian Police Check From Thailand

Hi all,

My wife and I met in Australia where she had read on an ED Visa for 3 years. Ironically enough this is what is making it harder to get her partner visa.

Because she lived there for more than 12 months she needs a police check from Australian Federal Police. Who aren't being helpful.

The AFP here in BKK say they can't help me and the guys in Australia don't want to hear a word of it.

Has anyone got experience getting an Australian police check whilst overseas? What's the best way of doing it?

Thanks in advance for your help guys and girls.

If you are applying for a Police Clearance Certificate for your wife to come to Australia, you must get one from the Royal Thai Police.

You must also get one from the Australian Federal Police and any other country she has lived in for 12 months or more, in the last 10 years.

More information and country-specific instructions on how to obtain a Police Clearance is included in the form Character Requirements, Penal Clearance Certificates, available on our website at: http:/www.immi.gov.au/allforms/characteer-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Hope this is a help.