Samui Gazette

i got this new tecnhic bascially i go into a shop read the paper for about 5 minutes then i am done then kindly put it back on the shelf. the best thing is that this method is free and because the content is so small i can read it very quick without attracting the store owners attension.

anyway when u go into the book shop in tescos then u r just one of many people in a griup reading whole magazines then doing the same thing. so if the shop owner wanted to stop eveyone then it would take them about 10 minutes till they get to u and by that time u woul.d have read and run.. lol

tight xxxx

Next time you are in the bookshop try reading an English dictionary. :lol:

They suggested they were doing it more or less as a public service,

I appreciate the gesture, very noble. Unfortunately I feel they are doing themselves a DISservice.

Who reads the paper? There is nothing in it. It takes 30 seconds to skim through and realise it is not worth buying. The local news printed is thin on the ground and questionnable - if indeed understandable. Reviews are so obviously biased. Advertisements have no appeal at all to me - a resident here. I would pay THB 25 - more even - for something that I found to be of value. Maybe I am on my own here, but I find the paper to be a bit of a joke. Sorry!

All the news I get about Samui starts from this forum. Maybe the owners of the paper could do the same and use the forum as a basis for further research and publication. Maybe they could become a 'public voice' on the island?

In the meantime, for it to warrant a purchase by me, it is going to need information about the power cuts, airline prices, road building, where to find a new house, a new car etc. And probably after this rant, a lonely hearts column too!:unsure:

In the meantime, for it to warrant a purchase by me, it is going to need information about the power cuts, airline prices, road building,

I have nothing to do with the paper, but have you looked at the latest issue? These exact topics are addressed,especially the cost of air fares ( again) which close to everybody's heart.

I dunno wht a proof reader is.

Like a book cricket ?

I think the paper is under staffed but that does not justify an increase in price

Like someone said I would pay 50 baht for it if it was worth it

In the meantime, for it to warrant a purchase by me, it is going to need information about the power cuts, airline prices, road building,

I have nothing to do with the paper, but have you looked at the latest issue? These exact topics are addressed,especially the cost of air fares ( again) which close to everybody's heart.

No, I haven't seen the latest issue. I gave up reading it ages ago. Maybe I was wrong and should make a fresh effort to start again?:unsure:

B)

No, I haven't seen the latest issue. I gave up reading it ages ago. Maybe I was wrong and should make a fresh effort to start again?:unsure:

u mmight have been wrong but u shouldn't make a fresh start

"k baht aint so expensive...what's everyone moaning about? :unsure:

Mind you the "cheese sarnie" turned out to be egg......errrrrrrrr.....................!

Like a book cricket ?

I think the paper is under staffed but that does not justify an increase in price

I heard the new editor has nice tits....oops I meant tutbuts,,,,,....:ph34r:

Like a book cricket ?

smokie, i think you should know the forum rules by now ...... picture please :)

Like a book cricket ?

Don't worry its never to be forgotten....:lol:

Like a book cricket ?

Don't worry its never to be forgotten....:lol:

or is she irish and you where refering to her sons

Jedward_1531117c.jpg

Like a book cricket ?

if that is the case then i might buy a copy and send her a letter through the letter forum with my phone number. i do lke tit bits in papers B)

I do not need to read the 101 ways to deal with a phyco mia noi as I have 1 very effective way of doing it.

When they have met the pysco big C. The C stands for something but I think people already know that.

So please send me a new mia noi

Khrup khruun

actually i bought a copy today and it is not that bad. there are more stories that i did not see when i skimmed through it.

as for price. not really bothered. everyone has a choice. not like in the uk where u have to pay for some serviced weather u use them or not.

the express was a bit more full thsi month aswell. sheame they don't like the 2 papers together then they would have a solid paper.

as for compitition express vs gazzet

gazzet is top of the league at the moment

actually i bought a copy today and it is not that bad. there are more stories that i did not see when i skimmed through it.

as for price. not really bothered. everyone has a choice. not like in the uk where u have to pay for some serviced weather u use them or not.

the express was a bit more full thsi month aswell. sheame they don't like the 2 papers together then they would have a solid paper.

as for compitition express vs gazzet

gazzet is top of the league at the moment

I used to buy the south london press but it started to depress me with its daily dose of muggings murders robberies etc. We got it right here....nothing bad ever happens on Samui....

express/gazette brought to you by ladybird books a good solid family read.

What was garfield up to this week BigC?

I just bought both papers. I'm not one to look for errors but I couldn't help noticing these two headlines from the SE:

"Amateur theft breaks into China's Forbidden City"

"Skype's humble Esonia beginnings"

u see this is what we are paying for i love that shit. u wouyld not find that in any uk paper.

if u want to hear about murders and muggins then u should buy a police scanner back home. proper interesting. listen to known people getting a tuck. B)

by the way i mean in the uk not in Thailand

I just bought both papers. I'm not one to look for errors but I couldn't help noticing these two headlines from the SE:

"Amateur theft breaks into China's Forbidden City"

"Skype's humble Esonia beginnings"

u see this is what we are paying for i love that shit. u wouyld not find that in any uk paper.

if u want to hear about murders and muggins then u should buy a police scanner back home. proper interesting. listen to known people getting a tuck. B)

by the way i mean in the uk not in Thailand

no offense Big C but by your posts....do YOU work for the SE, i mean as maybe the editor??:whistling:

anyway, I think the SE is the better paper.