Ford Focus Tdci Repair 6+ Months Still Not Repaired

Rafafan

Hi Everybody, does anybody have a similar experience to share? If so, how did you resolve it? April, 2008 Ford Focus TDCi Automatic, 9,400 Kns on the clock. Last October Soi flooded in seconds I had no choice but to keep going, car stopped. To date the car is still not repaired.

The Insurance agreed to pay 70%, however, they have already loaded the new premium due 9th April to accommodate the repair even though the car is not fixed.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this ongoing problem?

Call, email and/or write Ford personally and directly, there is something else behind this delay and you're not getting the whole story from someone.. I would have been all over this in a couple of weeks, not months were it me :huh: .. Ford is keen to improve over past issues in service get hands on..

More electronics an a car, more headache for repairs!

True Stinger but as well the computer diagnoses it's own problems instead of having to track down every fault manually like past times, still can't see the delay..

I think there's some political bickering going on behind the scenes he doesn't know about but to his face they're all apologies and smiles..We've all seen that before yes?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thank you for your response to my problem. It seems to me the Franchises work independently of Ford Thailand. I have written to Ford US, they referred me back to Ford Thailand who run away. I am a retired female. Another thing is puzzling me, LMG Insurance said they would pay 70% of the 100K repair. They already upped my premium which I paid on the 9th April. How can they do that when the car isn't fixed? None of it makes sense. I also wrote to the BKK Post who kindly referred me to the Consumer Board. I just want my car back, fixed. To Ford's credit they have loaned me a Fiesta. You would think they would want it back, wouldn't you? There is zero sense of urgency.

Why electrics? my first thought would be bent rods/valves/pistons so not a direct Ford problem only in so much as their computers probably don't recognize these parts as being needed ever under warranty and wont allow an order, or if they did the technicians don't know what to do with them? .Look up past issues of Bangkok Post they are always running interviews with the top men at Ford get a name and go direct.

HI Rafafan,

Sorry to hear your story. I had a similar problem with my 1.8 petrol engine. At first Ford told me it was my fault but eventually agreed to pay half. Then they stripped the engine and decided they didn't know how to fix it. The car had to be moved to a garage 30 km away so they could do it. In the mean time the engine was in pieces on the back seat! I think it took 3 months to get everything done.

Once the repairs were finished the gear lever stopped working properly as well as a few other minor problems, no one cares about this as is was not the problem in the first place.

I love my Ford Focus, it's a lovely car to drive but the dealers are clueless idiots. I have used 4 different dealers and the best one was in Saraburi, 100km out of Bangkok.

I'll never buy a Ford again thanks to the worthless after sales service.

Nidge.

Oh, by the way, when you get a new engine, it will most likely not have an engine number stamped on it. You will have to go to the registration place and get that done. It's a nightmare!!! Good luck.

Thank you Kartman for your post. Apparantly now, it is not an engine problem, it is an electrical problem. They need a solenoid ( however you spell it) which will take yet another month to get. The saga just goes round and round and round. I could better accept the delay if they actually told the truth, but they don't. Thank you again for your advice, which I will follow-up on.

Have a similar story with GM overseas, my 6 week old car sat in the service center for 9 months before finally being repaired - this type of hellish runaround can happen anywhere.. That probably doesn't help much though :(

This might though: http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

Check to see if any of the parts that have been delayed are covered under that 24 hour warranty, if so, you might at least be able to save some money..

My advice (from similar experience) is, that when you get the car back, sell or trade it in immediately. It's taken them this loing to repair it probably because they didn't actually know what was wrong with it, and you can almost guarantee they will have missed something...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

This might though: http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

My advice (from similar experience) is, that when you get the car back, sell or trade it in immediately. It's taken them this loing to repair it probably because they didn't actually know what was wrong with it, and you can almost guarantee they will have missed something...

Good advice if she's not taking a major beating on resales value or can afford the loss, meaning upside down on finance so she makes nothing back and worse yet actually looses money..

Problems like these often occure cause Insurance doesnt pay their bills to (Ford) in time, and do not accept the prices presented. Ford dealer wants cash advance. As owner for a minor (100k baht) damage like this, you may want to advance the payments yourself, and claim it back from Insurance when completed.

Problems like these often occure cause Insurance doesnt pay their bills to (Ford) in time, and do not accept the prices presented. Ford dealer wants cash advance. As owner for a minor (100k baht) damage like this, you may want to advance the payments yourself, and claim it back from Insurance when completed.

Yep, sounds like there's a hidden mitigating factor in this, especially seeing as Ford have gone out of their way to supply a loan car (Fiesta) for the OP while she waits..That's not the usual MO for someone who's intentionally messing you around ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

What if you were to crash their fiesta 1 street away from the showroom? Would they loan you an other one? If yes, then crash them untill they start working on the car :ph34r:

Better yet, crash their Fiesta into your Focus. Make sure your Focus is totaled this time. Fiesta insurance pays for your Focus! Happy ending! cool.gif

Thank you Kartman for your post. Apparantly now, it is not an engine problem, it is an electrical problem. They need a solenoid ( however you spell it) which will take yet another month to get. The saga just goes round and round and round. I could better accept the delay if they actually told the truth, but they don't. Thank you again for your advice, which I will follow-up on.

Good call Stinger, though still can't for the life of me understand why in this day & age of overnight shipping any part delivery would require a month to obtain, I'd order and pay for it myself if that were the case but not through them.. I know you're not inclined to do that though.

What if you were to crash their fiesta 1 street away from the showroom? Would they loan you an other one? If yes, then crash them untill they start working on the car :ph34r:

Better yet, crash their Fiesta into your Focus. Make sure your Focus is totaled this time. Fiesta insurance pays for your Focus! Happy ending! cool.gif

Some devious minds here :whistling: ............

I like it :D ................

Thank you everybody for taking the time to add something here. As you can see, I am new to this Forum or any forum come to that. I have been so exasperated with this whole Ford saga I didn't know which way to turn, this is why I thought I would write something on this great Forum. I am very pleased I did. I can tell you this, after 6.5 months I was told on Saturday my car is fixed. The car is now on its way to Bangkok Training Centre for final tests. I am not going to hold my breath until I get the call to collect it.

I have taken note of your advice and intend to sell as soon as I can, it is a pity because this car is like 'new' less than 10,000 KMs on the clock. I don't want to buy another Ford again, however, because it seems Ford does not hold its price for resale, maybe I might get a super duper offer on another Vehicle. I actually want to buy a Honda CRV, but, at this moment in time I have no idea how much I would have to add.

What would be a good choice in that price range? Does anybody actually recommend a Ford Escape or Everest. I think it a good idea to go for a 4 x 4 this time as opposed to a car. Ideally, I am looking for a short-wheel base. Can anybody suggest a good model please?

THANK YOU EVERYBODY !!!!!

Thank you everybody for taking the time to add something here. As you can see, I am new to this Forum or any forum come to that. I have been so exasperated with this whole Ford saga I didn't know which way to turn, this is why I thought I would write something on this great Forum. I am very pleased I did. I can tell you this, after 6.5 months I was told on Saturday my car is fixed. The car is now on its way to Bangkok Training Centre for final tests. I am not going to hold my breath until I get the call to collect it.

I have taken note of your advice and intend to sell as soon as I can, it is a pity because this car is like 'new' less than 10,000 KMs on the clock. I don't want to buy another Ford again, however, because it seems Ford does not hold its price for resale, maybe I might get a super duper offer on another Vehicle. I actually want to buy a Honda CRV, but, at this moment in time I have no idea how much I would have to add.

What would be a good choice in that price range? Does anybody actually recommend a Ford Escape or Everest. I think it a good idea to go for a 4 x 4 this time as opposed to a car. Ideally, I am looking for a short-wheel base. Can anybody suggest a good model please?

THANK YOU EVERYBODY !!!!!

We do have some super advice here (not me) so be more specific with your needs and vehicle usage and am sure you will get the best pointers. Nice to see a happy bunny on the forum :).

Glad your car is nearly fixed. Let us know exactly what the problem was, if possible. It's a shame really, as this focus tdci is arguably the best in its class for fuel economy and performance. It's just a shame Ford service is so poor in this country.

What you get next would really depend on your needs. What are they? Do you go off road a lot? Need cargo space? Need to wade through flooded roads? Drive inside BKK or highway driving? etc. e.g CRV's are quite heavy on fuel, especially around town. Perhaps a honda civic / toyota altis for open roads, or a smaller fuel efficient car for city driving.