Question On Moderation

manarak

I'd like to know if a moderation action can be taken with the goal of saving a mod's face.

i.e. a mod writes something that he later recognizes as a mistake.

It was nothing offensive or which infringes forum rules or whatever - just an opinion that is wrong.

And subsequently his post and all replies disappear.

Is this in line with moderation policies or not?

I repeat this is not a discussion, and I am not arguing in one direction or another.

It is a question and a simple yes or no will be enough and then you can close the thread.

Thank you.

Edited by manarak

I am really not sure why you don't ask the moderator in question via PM as you would with any member?

Because I'd like to know if there is a moderation policy applying to such a case, I'm not so much interested in a particular mod's point of view.

I will not name the mod who did it, nor I am interested in doing so.

I feel this is a policy question: "as a mod, am I allowed to use my mod powers to save my own face?" variant: "as a mod, am I allowed to use my mod powers to save another mod's face?"

That's all really.

Maybe I will use the policy in a future PM to a mod.

I would use it in another matter, should the opportunity arise, because right know, the issue is totally insignificant, but it made me think of the potentially more important ramifications of such action.

Right now, I'd like to know if there is such a policy on using mod powers for personal benefit, be it as small as deleting one's mistakes from forum history.

Again, whatever the answer is, I will not discuss it, I would just like to know the rule.

Edited by manarak

manarak is right. We need an independent judicial review body here on Thai Visa.

Where's the democracy? :lol:

No we don't need such thing, and moderation isn't democratic, the owner of the forum manages it as he sees fit.

But the mods also have to follow rules, and there has to be a policy on that subject.

manarak is right. We need an independent judicial review body here on Thai Visa.

No we don't need such thing, and moderation isn't democratic, the owner of the forum manages it as he sees fit.

But the mods also have to follow rules, and there has to be a policy on that subject.

Slightly tongue in cheek there....but who polices the policy? and who do you complain to if you feel such a policy has been broken?

Slightly tongue in cheek there....but who polices the policy? and who do you complain to if you feel such a policy has been broken?

I guess a PM to the mod would suffice.

I believe the board software to record all mod actions, so an admin can check what a mod did.

Members can edit their own posts for a period after posting and can, when needed, request to have them deleted which has occurred. So, I don't see its that much different.

However,iIf you have a personal issue with a mod or feel one has crossed the line in any way then the best course of action is to email support (at) thaivisa.com and present your case in a rational and non abusive manner.

There doesn't have top be a policy on anything. TV is a private forum owned by George. If you're not happy with the way it's run you're free to start your own forum in competition.