Trading Us Dollars For Silver And Gold

I am new to this and was fortunate to receive a small inheritance recently, but still important to me. I think that many others would also like to know more about this.

I have heard many people in the finance world and they agree the paper money, especially the US dollar are very unstable now. Currently my money is in a US bank and I don't see the dollar going anywhere but down. I want to do something as quick as possible. It's only a couple thousand, but I don't feel safe after the fed's news yesterday. I am seriously fearful of a dramatic drop in the value of the dollar soon and I do mean very dramatic. Paper money feels really risky now, and how other countries would be effected is a bit of a mystery to me.

Does anyone think the thai baht is safe?

Or Is it worth is to buy silver through something like e-trade

Or is there a way for me to get better prices for precious metals here?

Should I go with bullion, or should I buy futures online?

There is no problem with trading dollars for silver & gold....just do it

As for futures, allocated metals,ETF's remember that is nothing more than more paper....if you are leery of dollars why would you be trusting of such things?

When it comes to PM's ....silver & gold.....

You dont own it if you dont hold it.

Just my 2 baht ;)

As for is the Thai Baht safe?.....you live there I assume so what choice do you have? Your expenses are in THB & you need enough of it to survive.

Aside from what you need to survive your excess can be put into PM's.....if you like

Edited by flying

Thank you,

That answers my question well. I will just transfer all my money here then and put my savings into real bullion.

Any suggestions as to where to buy it at an honest price? I go to Chiang Mai in a few days and will be travelling throughout Northern Thailand for a few weeks before returning south.

As for futures, allocated metals,ETF's remember that is nothing more than more paper....if you are leery of dollars why would you be trusting of such things?

Just my 2 baht ;)

As for is the Thai Baht safe?.....you live there I assume so what choice do you have? Your expenses are in THB & you need enough of it to survive.

Aside from what you need to survive your excess can be put into PM's.....if you like

Thank you,

That answers my question well. I will just transfer all my money here then and put my savings into real bullion.

Any suggestions as to where to buy it at an honest price? I go to Chiang Mai in a few days and will be travelling throughout Northern Thailand for a few weeks before returning south.

Just my 2 baht ;)

Sorry cannot help you with locations in Thailand but there are many large shops.

Price wise they should all be about the same as it is based on Worldwide spot price.

As for transferring all your savings.....That is one way but remember swapping into gold/silver should be done with excess funds not needed for survival.

Also you may want to ease in during dips rather than making one large purchase.

PS: DYODD meaning be sure you are clear on what your doing & why.

While I have done well with PM's each person has to have their own premise for what they do with their $$$

Good Luck

Edited by flying

As for transferring all your savings.....That is one way but remember swapping into gold/silver should be done with excess funds not needed for survival.

Exactamundo. You should have adequate THB cash (physical in your possession + local bank) in reserve for expenses before buying any PM IMO.

985 gold is very easy to buy and sell here, unlike 999 gold or especially silver which is taxed as well.