The Peace Thread...

zaz

Folks come on let's look to a brighter future - we can have one if we all try together. Let's try and throw away our past histories (they're all crap anyway) and think and talk about all the nice things in life. There's too much negativity on the forum and it's making me all depressed, it's bad enough I'm missing my girl all these miles away and I won't see her for months!!!

Let's just close our eyes and just simplify (drastically) the world for a moment - I'll represent and whole of the Muslim community (on this occasion) and all you guys can represent whatever communities you wish to and let me offer a sincere handshake of peace and freedom from my part. My people will no longer blow themselves up and kill indiscriminately, they will live peacefully and practice their beliefs without any grievance if they are left in peace also.

From this moment on let's imagine the real leaders with the power doing the same thing, just try to feel the peace at least on this forum. Let's make this thread the perfect world as we would like to live in in reality, no hate, no war, heck no frikkin religion (forgive me oh Lord... :o ). Maybe somehow it can be translated out there into the real world.

Who's with me on this one...? Here's my hand...

Now where shall we begin...mmm..............pink candifloss, sunshine, blue skies, white sandy beaches, clear blue sea, pineapple shake, THAI GIRLS...... :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks come on let's look to a brighter future - we can have one if we all try together.  Let's try and throw away our past histories (they're all crap anyway) and think and talk about all the nice things in life.  There's too much negativity on the forum and it's making me all depressed, it's bad enough I'm missing my girl all these miles away and I won't see her for months!!!

Let's just close our eyes and just simplify (drastically) the world for a moment - I'll represent and whole of the Muslim community (on this occasion) and all you guys can represent whatever communities you wish to and let me offer a sincere handshake of peace and freedom from my part.  My people will no longer blow themselves up and kill indiscriminately, they will live peacefully and practice their beliefs without any grievance if they are left in peace also.

From this moment on let's imagine the real leaders with the power doing the same thing, just try to feel the peace at least on this forum.  Let's make this thread the perfect world as we would like to live in in reality, no hate, no war, heck no frikkin religion (forgive me oh Lord... :o ). Maybe somehow it can be translated out there into the real world.

Who's with me on this one...?  Here's my hand...

Now where shall we begin...mmm..............pink candifloss, sunshine, blue skies, white sandy beaches, clear blue sea, pineapple shake, THAI GIRLS...... :D

Just like John Lennon's Imagine, an impossible dream ...................... :D:D

I'm in *raises hand, I to am tired of all the hate we see.

Impossible dream? yea. But here we can at least get along, be friends,

For some reason, we all have found this site, thats the 1st thing we ALL have in common.

Peace to you zaz, opothai,gerrryuk.....

And Peace to Thai girls too.............

The peace movement (not the protesting/whinging movement) is gowing quickly these days (do a google).

I also get depressed reading all the bad news. So here's what I do:

I read

Ode Magazine http://www.odemagazine.com and http://www.worldchanging.com

I try (it's hard I'm the first to admit I'm a hypocite) to be the change. I whinge about the world's woes. But I am now a teacher, as a teacher I can be an agent for awareness and change. I try to look at what people ARE doing not what we aren't doing. I try to be solutions based and imagine the world I want to live in. I have definite and achievable goals in the future.

Whinging and being cynical about the world is not empowering. Being the change is.

I think there's more to peace than 'no war'. Peace is an active and never ending process. Not a state of 'no <something>'

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals;

and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952

From what was probably a kinder, gentler time - in most places.

Indo-Siam

When it was written is irrelevent. There has always been unkind and ungentle times.

An interesting quote (forget who): The 20th century will not be looked upon as a period of technological innovation, population boom, genetic modification, but the century when the world dared to care for the humanity of everyone. Eradicate poverty, hunger and thirst....

It's paraphrased

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals;

and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952

From what was probably a kinder, gentler time - in most places.

Indo-Siam

Let's see, 1952....Stalin in Russia....Mau Mau uprising against Britain in Kenya...revolution replaces gov'ts in Bolivia and Egypt...Britain develops nuclear weapons...US detonates first hydrogen bomb...the French and the Vietnamese armies were fighting together against the Communist Chinese forces of Mao Tse Tung..................

Hi all,

I think all 'normal' people whatever religion or non religion they have can live together in peace. It is all the governements, fanatics and media that hype up things.

Kind regards,

Alexlah

Hi all,

I think all 'normal' people whatever religion or non religion they have can live together in peace. It is all the governements, fanatics and media that hype up things.

Kind regards,

Alexlah

Who and were are these 'normal' people....are they all hiding....do they vote....do they only purchase media that report responsibly or do they buy up all the sensationalist cr@p that gets printed.....I'm not sure if I've ever met a 'normal' person.....are you 'normal'?

Hi all,

Kind regards,

Alexlah

Who and were are these 'normal' people....are they all hiding....do they vote....do they only purchase media that report responsibly or do they buy up all the sensationalist cr@p that gets printed.....I'm not sure if I've ever met a 'normal' person.....are you 'normal'?

I understand what you say/ask with who ore what are normal people.

With 'normal' people I mean people that are openminded and not believe everything that is broacasted ore feed to them throuhgh printed media. Question decisions made by governments and do research on backgrounds.

Respect other people no matter what they believe or do as long as they not bother/harm you or other people with it.

Something like that, I really believe we could all live in peace together but there are so many other economic things going on, we as 'normal" citizens' just cannot understand or want to believe the future our world leaders have in mind for us and the way they want to accomplish that.

The truth is outthere are you willing to search and find it?

KR,

Alex

Edited by AlexLah

I think we have to first agree who is fighting. In my opinion, it is certian misguided Muslims and the rest of the world.

Now we have to stop other Muslims from being misguided. How do we do this. We get the majority of the Muslim population to get together and elect a governing body to guide the Muslim world with 1 figurehead (like the Pope) to guide the masses.

Then we have to educate, properly, the rest of the Musline population about the proper teachings of Islam and not the misguided radiacal teachings of a few advocating death and destruction.

Then we have to educate everyone else on Muslim culture and how their religion is just as important as our religion.

We do this to avoid cultural conflit. We learn to accept their views and respect their wishes to peacefully coexist with other cultures and religions.

Then, as we finally have learned to live together, we concentrate of more important matters, like ridding the world of hunger or disease. We put up schools and hospitals in places that never had them before.

We learn to take care of our brothers and sisters on our little planet called Earth. Because outside of our atmosphere, we have no family but each other.

Folks come on let's look to a brighter future - we can have one if we all try together.  Let's try and throw away our past histories (they're all crap anyway) and think and talk about all the nice things in life.  There's too much negativity on the forum and it's making me all depressed, it's bad enough I'm missing my girl all these miles away and I won't see her for months!!!

So Far, So GOod...

Let's just close our eyes Here is where it went dark... :o

Edited by kayo

Guest endure

Let's just close our eyes and just simplify (drastically) the world for a moment - I'll represent and whole of the Muslim community (on this occasion) and all you guys can represent whatever communities you wish to and let me offer a sincere handshake of peace and freedom from my part.  My people will no longer blow themselves up and kill indiscriminately, they will live peacefully and practice their beliefs without any grievance if they are left in peace also.

How about gay folks, Zaz? You willing to shake their hand?

Let's just close our eyes and just simplify (drastically) the world for a moment ...

From this moment on let's imagine the real leaders with the power doing the same thing, just try to feel the peace at least on this forum.  Let's make this thread the perfect world as we would like to live in in reality, no hate, no war, heck no frikkin religion (forgive me oh Lord... :o ). Maybe somehow it can be translated out there into the real world.

Who's with me on this one...?  Here's my hand...

zaz,

there is much to be said for the power of 'imagination.' (substitute 'intent' and you have a huge metaphysical component agreeing with you.)

the idea that 'thoughts are things' is not new under the sun. actions of man are nothing more than thoughts manifested. we are not so naive as to think it is all pink candifloss; that is not the point. positive thoughts beget positive actions.

i'm with you in working toward a higher vibration! :D

leezer

xo

Richard interesting ideas. Educating muslims is assuming all muslims are causing the problems. It's also a tad arrogant - who is educationg them - the christians? Also just what will you educate them about?

I dare say fundamentalists terrorists of any taint need to be humbled (bush and osama).

The idea of an equivelant figure head such as the pope is a good one. Do they not already have one? (I really don't know the answer to this)

on the more peaceful and less confronting side: has anyone seen the movie "what the bleep do we know?" Interesting stuff (with a scientific backing) on the power of thought.

Also check out http://noosphere.princeton.edu/ cool stuff about random number generators around the world becoming a little less random at the time of significant events. Possibly linking global conciousness, human thought and emotion to this.