American Beer

Backwoods

Still looking for Budweiser Beer here in Bangkok area! I have tried several Asian beer and not my taste! I am picky and have literally went without beer for a couple years because I want what I want! Anyone know of anyplace that actually has or stocks Budweiser, bye the case, sixpack, or bottle? I have been looking for a while, but thought maybe someone on here might be able to help!

If you travel to the other side of the globe and are still seeking for probably one of the worst beers ever brewed by humans - for sure - you do need help

jap.gif

:lol: Classic, unless he's talking about the original Czech Budweiser which isn't bad.....but i doubt it, either way never seen either of them

I found some american Budweiser once in Thailand but it didn't taste the same as I remembered it when I still lived in the US: brewed especially for export, it said on the can......it useta be my favorite brew about 25 years ago in California...sixpack of tall buds and a pint of Jack Daniels and you were set fer the evening...:)

I agree that the local thai lagers are undrinkable...you should be aware that postings on thaivisa like:

"If you travel to the other side of the globe and are still seeking for probably one of the worst beers ever brewed by humans - for sure - you do need help"

are only representative of the cretinous that like to bash american institutions (bud has been the largest selling beer in the US for decades)...and there are plenty on this forum...

bud would be a treasure if offered as an alternative to Chang, Singha, etc (and at the same price...)

Gotta admit tutsi, i only ever drank longneck Bud in college when I was poor. There are many many very good American brewed beers, from craft beers to small scale breweries etc that, when in the US I would just as soon drink a Bud as I would a Chang.

Had a Shiner Bock the other night, was very nice :)

That said, in order to answer the OP's question, which no one has done so far, I am sure I have seen Bud on offer in some expensive pubs on Sukhumit. Try Villa as well, they might have it.

I must admit that US lager beers may not be adaptable to being served with ice like in Thailand...here in rural VN most times ice is what you get as there is no cold beer otherwise...sometimes no ice, just drink the Bier Hanoi or Saigon Beer 333 (both excellent brews by western standards, product of french breweries from the colonial past) room temperature straight out of the container (them VN they tough...defeated all them western imperialists)

mebbe we be talkin' 'apples an' oranges'...:ph34r:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Gotta admit tutsi, i only ever drank longneck Bud in college when I was poor. There are many many very good American brewed beers, from craft beers to small scale breweries etc that, when in the US I would just as soon drink a Bud as I would a Chang.

Had a Shiner Bock the other night, was very nice :)

That said, in order to answer the OP's question, which no one has done so far, I am sure I have seen Bud on offer in some expensive pubs on Sukhumit. Try Villa as well, they might have it.

darlin'...we's talkin about the mass produced stuff...some time ago when I visited a mate in Santa Cruz we went up to a beer pub near the big redwood park and they offered a range of beverages that I didn't recognise and I said, 'you got a lager like bud or Olympia?' and they were offended...I was also pissed off 'cause I couldn't have a smoke with my drink...PC bullshit, mumble grumble...

I remember when the only 'craft beer' available in the early 80s was the Anchor steam beer/ Porter out of SF...nice stuff but expensive when you just wanted to get shit faced and some buds and JD would do...

if a choice between a bud and a chang in the US I know what I'd like...otherwise in the US thai restaurant from the waitress: 'Beer chang must be served with ice to enjoy the authentic taste of the beverage...'

:D

Edited by tutsiwarrior

'Gotta admit tutsi, i only ever drank longneck Bud in college...'

now you've done it...were you wearing a halter and shorts in warm weather with the long necked bud at the college union bar?...high boots with laces in cold weather and tight levis?

I shall not sleep tonight...:unsure:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I found some american Budweiser once in Thailand but it didn't taste the same as I remembered it when I still lived in the US: brewed especially for export, it said on the can......it useta be my favorite brew about 25 years ago in California...sixpack of tall buds and a pint of Jack Daniels and you were set fer the evening...:)

I agree that the local thai lagers are undrinkable...you should be aware that postings on thaivisa like:

"If you travel to the other side of the globe and are still seeking for probably one of the worst beers ever brewed by humans - for sure - you do need help"

are only representative of the cretinous that like to bash american institutions (bud has been the largest selling beer in the US for decades)...and there are plenty on this forum...

bud would be a treasure if offered as an alternative to Chang, Singha, etc (and at the same price...)

No need to get your tutu in a twist - we all like different brews

Many years ago in Washington DC a few pals and I went to the Brickskeller which hold an enormous amount of beers and ales (about 1000). We started early and by 5pm were not even onto C (the menu runs alphabetically through the countries) of this almost phone book like beverage list. In through the door pops a suit takes a seat.... and orders a Bud. We all turn - jaws dropped to see what enigma could enter such an incredible alchoholic emporium and order a Bud. It was like going into the cellars of a famous vineyard and ordering a Blue Nun. As someone above pointed out the Original Budvar is an excellent pilsner, but Budweiser is total rubbish and tastes like cats $%#^

Yes, I know where it can be bought for 50 baht per bottle, 55 for Corona. Definitely not information I share lightly as I would not want this place overrun with cretins.

PM me, lets get to know eachother a bit and if you are worthy I will give you the info (and you will love me forever) :)

No need to get your tutu in a twist - we all like different brews

Many years ago in Washington DC a few pals and I went to the Brickskeller which hold an enormous amount of beers and ales (about 1000). We started early and by 5pm were not even onto C (the menu runs alphabetically through the countries) of this almost phone book like beverage list. In through the door pops a suit takes a seat.... and orders a Bud. We all turn - jaws dropped to see what enigma could enter such an incredible alchoholic emporium and order a Bud. It was like going into the cellars of a famous vineyard and ordering a Blue Nun. As someone above pointed out the Original Budvar is an excellent pilsner, but Budweiser is total rubbish and tastes like cats $%#^

yeah...well, I did ask for a british style ale 'bitter' at that place in Santa Cruz and the waiter looked puzzled...then wanted a bud outta exasperation...just can't win fer losin'...

I only drink bitter when in the UK as it's the local beverage and I know a lot of the local brews...when in Brighton it's gotta be Harvey's, etc...

in another thread I was bashing the East Midlands as a place to live but the local pubs had a selection of the best beer (bitter, the brits call lager lager) anywhere as Burton on Trent was only a few miles away; home of Marston's Pedigree, Ind Coope Burton Ale and Bass Ale breweries and authentic pubs with pensioners drinking their daily half of mild and minding their own business abounded most places you'd stop for a pint mid day...

just gotta get back to the US sometime and see if the JD and tall budweiser combination has it's same appeal...:)

Go to Cambodia..very cheap!

Angkor lager Sihanoukville 50 cents.....it took an intervention for me to leave the place. :)

As I originally stated, its a personal taste, but I understand most of your needs to scrutinize and bash everything that is not your opinion or idea! The diharrea dark beer that everyone loves and bitter ales make me puke as well and Heinegen is kep in a green bottle to hide the urine look! Budweiser is "MY", preference, and for some reason, if you ask a question on here you have to wade through a hundred ignorant answers, before you can get an answer to the original question

Nowhere was it ask your opinion on Budweiser, but, did get one real answer!!

Angkor lager Sihanoukville 50 cents.....it took an intervention for me to leave the place. :)

As I originally stated, its a personal taste, but I understand most of your needs to scrutinize and bash everything that is not your opinion or idea! The diharrea dark beer that everyone loves and bitter ales make me puke as well and Heinegen is kep in a green bottle to hide the urine look! Budweiser is "MY", preference, and for some reason, if you ask a question on here you have to wade through a hundred ignorant answers, before you can get an answer to the original question

Does Bud not look like pee if you de-cant it thenblink.gif? thought it all looked like piss

Hence the phrase

"I'm going out on the piss"

Good luck with your search for the Bud dude - a drink is a drink and we all have our poison laugh.gifburp.gif

Chok Dee!

I confess I don't know where you can find Bud...maybe at Bully's or the Hard Rock.....so we tred to offer our favourites instead.

Calm down and enjoy a good bourbon while you await the answer....:)

Taste is a matter of taste people, but bash on.

I practically suckled Bud from my mothers teet. Reminds of campfires at the lake. Still one of my favorite beers. I found Budweiser in a small shop on the beach in Phuket a few years ago. It was imported and pretty expensive. Not seen it here for years. Best bet is Villa Market. If they don't see it, request it every time you visit and it will probably appear one day.

I remember where I saw Budweiser when outside the US...not in Thailand: it was in a bar/brothel in Manama (at the 'Guys and Dolls' lounge at Sea Shell Hotel- they had a poster of Frank Sinatra from the movie on the wall outside- for those that are hip to what goes down there; owned and operated by a member of the royal family) frequented by sailors from the US Sixth fleet that have a base there...quite cheap too, as I remember and stayed open late...

cheap buds in a location near my apartment that stayed open late and late night shwarma sandwich stalls around the corner...what more excuse did one need to hang out and observe the activities...and drink Budweiser beer, I ask you?

a drunken swabbie comes up and sez: 'what are you doin' here?' fairly menacingly and I sez: 'just got to get a taste of good 'ol US Budweiser!'...then offered my can of Copenhagen snuff (also available in Manama) and said: 'chew?' (tutsi disarms the un-disarmable)...

I believe it was when I saw A&W root beer on the shelves of my Lotus superstore in Suphanburi that I thought it was Budweiser that was on offer...yew know?...all them canned US beverages taste the same and a certain amount of confusion should be allowed...on a civilized internet forum...:rolleyes:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Over the years I have had invites to the Yanks/Marine Bars at their Embassies ...Hanoi,Nigeria,Cambodia,Ghana,Kuwait...plus others and the beer of choice (only one actually)was of course Bud...and most enjoyable..as was the company.

Dont know if they have their own gin joint in Bangers but you could check.

One occasion ...about 30 years ago,I did a runner from West Africa and ended up in Los A and of course had to do the 77 sunset etc and drive up to San F....luvly jub etc....and everwhere Santa..A-B-M-....it was..Bud.

Even spent some time with a bunch of VN vets (ex fighter pilots)who were all Hells Angels and had a great time ...didnt spend a penny...and the booze ...yes-sir..ee...Bud....happy days. :D

...you should be aware that postings on thaivisa like:

I am a beer snob. I will NOT drink Bud, Coors or any of these beers made in America as they are just too much like drinking mare's urine! (Not that I have, mind you!) I do drink a maximum of 2 beers per day and, if these brands mentioned were the only beer in Thailand, I would just stop drinking it altogether. I drink it for the taste (hoppy with a slightly bitter taste. So, I am wondering if they have beer like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or any microbrewery types of beer there. I know the Guiness is too expensive there. I like Guiness and drink in occasionally. I really hope that I can find some really decent ales and stouts there that I can take home by the case. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.