Where Best To Buy New Air Con Units In Phuket?

zungmay

I had a Thai friend call a local guy he knows and got a new Panasonic installed for less than I could buy the unit at Big C or Tesco. I'm pretty sure Home Pro is more than either one of those. I looked in my phone and I have a number for the guy that comes and pressure washes my aircon inside and out. But I'm not sure if was the same guy that installed mine. You can call him, but he doesn't speak much if any English. 0819785779... But he does a good service: cleans and checks the gas pressure for not much.

Check their websites as well. Powerbuy, etc, always have specials running on their goods, incl aircon. Could save you a few thousand baht off RRP.

yepp

The large chains like Powerbuy and Homepro. Due to their huge volume purchase from suppliers, their promotions are unbeatable on price.

Typical you get a Samsung or LG 12-13k BTU at 13k baht incl installation. The installers, payed by seller, are often new, small, hungry businesses providing good service to obtain a position in the service market

The large chains like Powerbuy and Homepro. Due to their huge volume purchase from suppliers, their promotions are unbeatable on price.

Typical you get a Samsung or LG 12-13k BTU at 13k baht incl installation. The installers, payed by seller, are often new, small, hungry businesses providing good service to obtain a position in the service market

But make sure that the installer will provide good after sales service and are not just some fly-by-night small outfit. We have installed many aircons and had so many problems with after sales service from the bigger companies. Check this out carefully before you buy. Cheapest up front deal is not always the best long term deal.

I wouldn't buy from Homepro and the likes anymore. I did and their after service is lousy and they don't respect the warranty. They just aren't interested. Once you paid, you don't count anymore.

Buy from a small shop which is in business for a long time. Every village has one. They'll give you about the same price as the big ones but they understand that you'll buy there again if their service is good. BTW don't buy samsung and don't try to save too much.

But make sure that the installer will provide good after sales service and are not just some fly-by-night small outfit. We have installed many aircons and had so many problems with after sales service from the bigger companies. Check this out carefully before you buy. Cheapest up front deal is not always the best long term deal.

Well, I wasn't going to bother, but I suppose I should set the record straight.

I've had dealings with PowerBuy over the past few years and I only ever had one problem with them - on one occasion, I was told I could not order a model of an item that was not stocked in-store. Ultimately, this was sorted out when I spoke to the store manager who then spoke to the particular sales staff involved (who I believe was simply being lazy and seeking a cash sale on the spot). I have not had this problem recur. You can order anything that is on their website. Indeed, I ordered a Sony television from their website which was not only not yet in the Sony catalogue, the model had not yet even arrived in Thailand (and I took delivery about a month later).

You will see that at many places like HomePro and PowerBuy, general sales items are sold at full retail price as recommended by the manufacturer. However, like all storesa, they have sales and these can achieve significant savings. I have on three occasions required after sales service - twice in store and once to my home. The in-store service was excellent and free of cost. The service at my home was under guarantee and is free, but they have (at the store I use) an established practice of asking for a B300 service fee. In fact, this fee is a tip and you can elect to not pay it (but they won't tell you that unless you query them on why you are paying for a job under guarantee). The job to my home was prompt and efficient and I elected to give them the full tip amount, although I remain dubious about the wisdom of doing so. I also had an aircon system installed by PowerBuy (free installation, except for a pipe cover). (BTW, this was not the subject of the service call.) They sent four blokes to do the job and did a top job.

So I have to say that I do not share ivowatson's experience at all, and would always buy larger ticket items from larger retail outlets in preference to smaller mum and pop stores. I will be sticking to PowerBuy.

Well, I wasn't going to bother, but I suppose I should set the record straight.

I've had dealings with PowerBuy over the past few years and I only ever had one problem with them - on one occasion, I was told I could not order a model of an item that was not stocked in-store. Ultimately, this was sorted out when I spoke to the store manager who then spoke to the particular sales staff involved (who I believe was simply being lazy and seeking a cash sale on the spot). I have not had this problem recur. You can order anything that is on their website. Indeed, I ordered a Sony television from their website which was not only not yet in the Sony catalogue, the model had not yet even arrived in Thailand (and I took delivery about a month later).

You will see that at many places like HomePro and PowerBuy, general sales items are sold at full retail price as recommended by the manufacturer. However, like all storesa, they have sales and these can achieve significant savings. I have on three occasions required after sales service - twice in store and once to my home. The in-store service was excellent and free of cost. The service at my home was under guarantee and is free, but they have (at the store I use) an established practice of asking for a B300 service fee. In fact, this fee is a tip and you can elect to not pay it (but they won't tell you that unless you query them on why you are paying for a job under guarantee). The job to my home was prompt and efficient and I elected to give them the full tip amount, although I remain dubious about the wisdom of doing so. I also had an aircon system installed by PowerBuy (free installation, except for a pipe cover). (BTW, this was not the subject of the service call.) They sent four blokes to do the job and did a top job.

So I have to say that I do not share ivowatson's experience at all, and would always buy larger ticket items from larger retail outlets in preference to smaller mum and pop stores. I will be sticking to PowerBuy.

seconded

having purchased +50 ACs, some washingmachines, a number of 42 and 50" TV sets, dishwashers, fridges, ovens, stoves, hoods, electrical tools, you name it, my business past years is with Powerbuy and Homepro. No more mum and pop stores

With Home Pro & Powerbuy you can use a local credit card to pay it off interest free over a period of months (it varies with the card) plus on top discount which can be as much as 8% (this is in addition to any special price which may be on offer). These promotions are not always obvious so it always pays to ask no matter what the sticker price is showing. I have never had any difficulties with refunds, back up service, from either store.