Reggae Pub

I was down in Samui the other day to take care of a bit of business, decided to check out the Reggae Pub for old times sake, been a while since I was there last. Anyway 10pm on a Thursday night and me and the missus were the only punters there, is this normal? The other bars around seemed to have punters even the "Homage to Portsmouth FC" bar had punters!!!!

Last time I was at the Reggae was the straw place which I believe a tourist burn't down one New Years Eve!! :o:D

Any ideas?

Might have been a bit early

doesnt seem to jump until 11 or so

I was down in Samui the other day to take care of a bit of business, decided to  check out the Reggae Pub for old times sake, been a while since I was there last. Anyway 10pm on a Thursday night and me and the missus were the only punters there, is this normal? The other bars around seemed to have punters even the "Homage to Portsmouth FC" bar had punters!!!!

Last time I was at the Reggae was the straw place which I believe a tourist burn't down one New Years Eve!!  :o  :D

Any ideas?

Didn't talk to the guy, who I'm guessing is the bleached haired fella behind the bar??? I wished he'd stop calling out "How Ya Doin" to every Farang walking past his bar though.

hi ya terdsak :o

sorry you found my attempts to attract buisness offensive....just trying to earn

a baht!!!

next time please make yourself known and i'll let you buy me a beer!!

<snip>

The other bars around seemed to have punters even the "Homage to Portsmouth FC" bar had punters!!!!

The PFC is still going? How is old Nick these days?

mister fixit ?

why does everyone want to be anon?

i'm a year older than before!!........now the ripe old age of 43....old enough to know better , but still doing it anyway!!

i'm still puzzled by the "even" the PFC BAR had punters....whats so wrong with my bar?

I've knows Nick since he's been in Samui, and a nice Chap he is. PFC bar is a nice place to kick back and have a few drinks away from the antics of all the bar girls.

It's also a good place to chat about footy, and take the piss out of Nick for supporting Pompey! :D

and being greeted by 'how ya doing' makes a pleasant change from hello handsome man after you've been living here 6+ years :o

I advise anyone to drop by PFC should they be around the regae strip, it's a nice little oasis amongst all the madness!

I've knows Nick since he's been in Samui, and a nice Chap he is.  PFC bar is a nice place to kick back and have a few drinks away from the antics of all the bar girls.

It's also a good place to chat about footy, and take the piss out of Nick for supporting Pompey! :D

and being greeted by 'how ya doing' makes a pleasant change from hello handsome man after you've been living here 6+ years  :o

I advise anyone to drop by PFC should they be around the regae strip, it's a nice little oasis amongst all the madness!

wow! that reply will have to cost ME a beer!! LOLOL

cheers womble......whoever you are!

Didn't talk to the guy, who I'm guessing is the bleached haired fella behind the bar??? I wished he'd stop calling out "How Ya Doin" to every Farang walking past his bar though.

sorry you found my attempts to attract buisness offensive....just trying to earn

a baht!!!

No offence mate, nice little boozer you got going there. I love any bar that has Draught Strongbow.

a baht!!!

No offence mate, nice little boozer you got going there. I love any bar that has Draught Strongbow.

Draught strongbow you say, my god only other place I know that does that is robin hood right up the end on sukumvit, Seeing as I used to work the market in commercial street I will have to pop into your bar and take the piss outta fratton park unless you got the heavys in!, But no when I do visit samui i will make sure i drop in,

Kind regards

Edited by alesypalsy

a baht!!!

Draught strongbow you say, my god only other place I know that does that is robin hood right up the end on sukumvit, Seeing as I used to work the market in commercial street I will have to pop into your bar and take the piss outta fratton park unless you got the heavys in!, But no when I do visit samui i will make sure i drop in,

Kind regards

i knows we will...we'll go reend and reend the reendabout and go deown teown for a shant mush !!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have aircon you could light the hearth, some candles, open a bottle of (good!) wine, play classical music and have a splendid conversation.

After a couple of glasses you wouldn't mind the accent anymore.

Good luck,

Limbo.

Just wondering what the ease of picking up european girls in bars/ pubs in Samui is.. I know that it varies hugely on the person you are etc etc however from past experience do most of the girls go with partners or by themselves, do they speak decent english , etc...

Well, I guess the ease would depend upon whether you are an egotistical twit who is full of himself or not.

Just wondering what the ease of picking up european girls in bars/ pubs in Samui is.. I know that it varies hugely on the person you are etc etc however from past experience do most of the girls go with partners or by themselves, do they speak decent english , etc...

Easy from what I saw, reminded me of school disco days, drunk women trying pull the men :D (another reason why i did'nt like green mango :o )

well what sort of luck do you have back home,if you can do there then you can do anywhere it's not rocket science is it.