Enough Of Pattaya

Theo007

After living in Pattaya for some years I have had enough! Can anyone please suggest another place near the water, not too expensive, where one can rent a house or condo at a reasonable price.

Many Thanks!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to here that Theo007, a few years back we lived in a quite little part of Jomtien but saw the development and noise getting more every day so we took the plunge and moved to Ban Amphure, we have never looked back, quite, better air, lower temperatures and still only ten minutes to Makro/Lotus.

Cebu or Subic Bay or Boracay, Philippines. I just got back and those lovely Fipinos deserve all the good luck because they earn it. So friendly and welcoming. Absolutely NO bad attitude. Foreigners receive the welcome mat and everyone speaks English.

How about burglaries? I heard there are many problems with that in BA?

Nahhh there is nobody here :D

It does happen but its generally too dark for anyone to find our place at night, we also have CCD cameras. alarms on every window and door, motion sensors, sirens and a 2 1/2 meter wall, not to mention razor wire guard posts and 5 Doberman dogs.....

You should add a full body scanner and one or two shooting Towers Rimmer, just to be safe :whistling:

To he op, if you want to stay in Thailand I guess Hua Hin and surounding is a very nice place. And with the ferry (is that one still running?) you would be in a short time back in Pattaya if you really want to.

It does happen but its generally too dark for anyone to find our place at night, we also have CCD cameras. alarms on every window and door, motion sensors, sirens and a 2 1/2 meter wall, not to mention razor wire guard posts and 5 Doberman dogs.....

QED :whistling::lol:

Some pointless posts have been removed from view.

Is it full moon already?

Is the "Krisda Condo" there? If so, I knew a Russian who lived there. At first he liked it, but later he decided it was just too far away from Pattaya. He told me it would be difficult to live there without a car (guess too far by motorcycle to Pattaya). I, too, lament the demise of Pattaya and now Jomtien. Uh oh....here they come to explain how wonderful both places are :) Just how isolated do you feel in BA? Are there decent places to eat? Do you have to go to Pattaya? And what about condo prices? Are they less expensive than Jomtien? I will add one more item: some expats who are tired of Pattaya/Jomtien are and have already moved to Ban Chang.

Cebu or Subic Bay or Boracay, Philippines. I just got back and those lovely Fipinos deserve all the good luck because they earn it. So friendly and welcoming. Absolutely NO bad attitude. Foreigners receive the welcome mat and everyone speaks English.

Great for a holiday, but I wouldn't want to live there (and I did for 4 years).

No armed guards ?:o

What's not to love about Pattaya? I love this place. I feels like home to me after 6 years. I feel a little strange that nothing bad has happened to me yet. Maybe I'll throw on a couple of gold chains and ride the dark back roads tonight. Get a little action.

Cha-Am has cheap housing from 5K for a house but it is very quiet and in many ways more expensive than Pattaya for nights out. Little in the way of live bands. Hua Hin is 20 Kms away and better for a night out.

At 4 / 500 baht a night for a room, go and check it out if you are not sure it is your cup of tea.

Ko Chang .I had thought of living there before Chiang Mai .Too many mossies though .

Yes, and Malaria Carriers as well,hence the Treatment Post on the Island.

Edited by MAJIC

Angeles City has the attractions which brought most of us to Pattaya. The cost of the girl is included in the bar fine so in most cases it works out cheaper, and the other plus is, they speak English.

Angeles City is more expensive if you find girls in bars, pay barfines and give them tips. What do you actually talk with them about, in English??

Just go south of Pattaya, plenty of areas with beaches which are not developed. Follow the coast, easy.

Ko Chang .I had thought of living there before Chiang Mai .Too many mossies though .

Yes, and Malaria Carriers as well,hence the Treatment Post on the Island.

The unstated assumption is that the "malaria carriers" are there (Koh Chang) and not here (Pattaya/Jomtien). That is a false assumption.

Cha-Am has cheap housing from 5K for a house but it is very quiet and in many ways more expensive than Pattaya for nights out. Little in the way of live bands. Hua Hin is 20 Kms away and better for a night out.

At 4 / 500 baht a night for a room, go and check it out if you are not sure it is your cup of tea.

Second that Cha-Am. It's where the Thai's go for the weekend. Can be quiet though all stop's at 10pm but if that is what you like give it a go. Load's of places for good food. I dont think it's expencive. I know what you mean about Pattaya I left there 5+ year's ago. I now have fresh air not diesel fume's. Best of luck where ever you end up.

Angeles City has the attractions which brought most of us to Pattaya. The cost of the girl is included in the bar fine so in most cases it works out cheaper, and the other plus is, they speak English.

Angeles City is more expensive if you find girls in bars, pay barfines and give them tips. What do you actually talk with them about, in English??

Just go south of Pattaya, plenty of areas with beaches which are not developed. Follow the coast, easy.

Yeah I think the water thing is sorta missing in Angeles; except in rainy season when Fields turns into a river.

However, there is a real river here in Phnom Penh and the beer is cold and good and the natives friendly.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Here's the airport welcoming committee laying out the welcome mat to newly arrived tourists from Hong Kong just last year.

Victims of the Manila bus hijack have been flown back to Hong Kong, two days after the deadly siege which left eight tourists dead.

post-109025-0-44804000-1304221979_thumb.

Edited by Suradit

Yeah I think the water thing is sorta missing in Angeles; except in rainy season when Fields turns into a river.

However, there is a real river here in Phnom Penh and the beer is cold and good and the natives friendly.

I agree about Cambodia. Sinhoukville is great for a quiet life, relatively unspoilt beaches, none of the continual hastle from vendors we get here. Occidental food is more readily available, baguettes etc on the beaches and many cheap French style restaurants. Prostitutes are not so easy to find as it is illegal in Cambodia and it seems they try to enforce it. The people are much friendlier and the smiles seem genuine as if they really are happy to see you and not just your money!

I agree about Cambodia. Sinhoukville is great for a quiet life, relatively unspoilt beaches, none of the continual hastle from vendors we get here. Occidental food is more readily available, baguettes etc on the beaches and many cheap French style restaurants. Prostitutes are not so easy to find as it is illegal in Cambodia and it seems they try to enforce it. The people are much friendlier and the smiles seem genuine as if they really are happy to see you and not just your money!

I have a slightly different take on Snookyville:

Agreed, great beaches with few vendors. A lot of French bakery and food items available cheaply there, but fewer farang restaurants overall. Cigs, booze and just about everything is cheaper there. Ladies are easily available (as easy as here IMO)... and significantly cheaper (to spend time with) than Pattaya. People friendlier there...? Yup, absolutely- but tourists spending money make people everywhere smile....

Bottom Line: A great place to visit, but (in my mind) it is simply crazy for most of us Pattaya residents (retirees) to consider living in Sinhoukville... NO DOCTORS & HOSPITALS.

B)

Bali is very nice, plus the coast of West Java.

Might be worth a holiday there first, as it is not everybodies cup of tea. I would recommend Seminyak, or perhaps Sanur if you like the quiet life.

Accommodation can be bit pricier than Pattaya also.

Simon