Kasikornbank Bank

I have K-bank internet banking, but does anyone else have any concerns about security? just a password and username to log in, most western banks have at least 3 tiers to log-in.

Both my Australian banks require a single user / password to log in.

Sometimes I wonder what additional security that third tier really adds (a whole lot, a little bit, etc), like when they ask you the answer to one of the security questions you've selected, entering a PIN number, etc.; compared to just a two tier system with a "strong" password you truly kept secret to yourself and truly safeguard. Maybe it's more advertising hype than a big improvement in security; then again, maybe it is a significant security improvement. But unless a person protects all his login info, avoids situations that would compromise his logon info (two or three tier) like using a public computer, having a good firewall/antivirus on his personal computer, maybe change his logon info periodically, it's all for naught. Plus, when hackers break into a system, I expect they steal all the logon info, whether two or three tier. "Bank internal procedures and their firewall/encryption type systems probably add a lot more security than just a third tier logon." As FYI, Bangkok Bank who I'm with only uses two tier logon....I've never had a problem. Most of my U.S. banks use three tier logon, but not all.

Edited by Pib

I have K-bank internet banking, but does anyone else have any concerns about security? just a password and username to log in, most western banks have at least 3 tiers to log-in.

K-bank has two-factor authentication for anything important - funds transfers, bill payments - they send you an SMS as a one time key as a backstop.

K-bank has two-factor authentication for anything important - funds transfers, bill payments - they send you an SMS as a one time key as a backstop.

I don't receive this SMS.

Once I am logged in, I can do everything, bill payment, funds transfer and such. No extra security.

That's why KBank internet banking is generally unsafe.

Don't keep big bucks on this account. Don't use internet banking from public computers (key logger danger).

Remember: this is Thailand and if something goes wrong, it is 99% the farang's fault.

I don't receive this SMS.

Once I am logged in, I can do everything, bill payment, funds transfer and such. No extra security.

That's why KBank internet banking is generally unsafe.

Don't keep big bucks on this account. Don't use internet banking from public computers (key logger danger).

Remember: this is Thailand and if something goes wrong, it is 99% the farang's fault.

You need to request the SMS alert, ring them and ask.

SMS alerts only work on Thai mobile numbers so sometimes an SMS alert isn't always useful from overseas. K-Bank also has a PIN2 verification process for features already set up on a users profile, otherwise SMS is still needed, such as adding a new third party account to transfer to.