Conflict With Cambodia - Should I Be Concerned Regarding Making A Visa Run?

This situation at the Cambodian seems to be getting worse. I plan on making a tourist visa run next Tuesday at Pong Nam Ron and although it's not near the fighting I am worried that the Thai embassy will shut down in PP and then I am out of luck.

I would go to Laos but I've already received a TV from them last September and based on other comments on this board it seems they are much stricter in issuing tourist visas.

Am I worrying too much? Any other options for tourist visas - such as KL, Jakarta, Penang, etc.?

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by nyujay2010

'FarangBuddha' timestamp='1304160137' post='4391743']

They have supposedly worked out a cease fire for now. I doubt either wants full blown warfare on the eave of the upcoming ASEAN meeting. With luck, you should be ok...I just got mine this week.

No matter the fracas along the border , Phnom Penh residents just keep doing their daily ' Thing ' unperturbed , have not noticed or heard of any excitement concerning the ' War ' .

They have supposedly worked out a cease fire for now. I doubt either wants full blown warfare on the eave of the upcoming ASEAN meeting. With luck, you should be ok...I just got mine this week.

No matter the fracas along the border , Phnom Penh residents just keep doing their daily ' Thing ' unperturbed , have not noticed or heard of any excitement concerning the ' War ' .

The concern is that the Thai ambassador could be recalled or the embassy closed if full blown war erupted and this would affect visa issuance.

The concern is that the Thai ambassador could be recalled or the embassy closed if full blown war erupted and this would affect visa issuance.

It doesn't even take a "full blown war" for an ambassador to be recalled.

'jdinasia' timestamp='1304161962' post='4391780']

'FarangBuddha' timestamp='1304161755' post='4391772']

'dumball' timestamp='1304161349' post='4391767']

It doesn't even take a "full blown war" for an ambassador to be recalled.

Yeah , Yeah .

http://www.nytimes.c...sia/06thai.html

Thailand Recalls Its Ambassador to Cambodia

Published: November 5, 2009BANGKOK — The Thai government announced Thursday that it was recalling its ambassador to Cambodia to protest Cambodia's appointment of Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted as Thailand's prime minister, to a high-profile position. The moves put new strains on already tense relations between the countries.

Yeah yeah, indeed :)

edit to correct bb code

Edited by jdinasia

You are not going to Pong Nam Ron but ban laem

not according to the Visa run services website:

http://thaivisaservice.com/

Regardless, it's gonna suck and hopefully the Thai consulate remains cool - at least when I'm there ;-)

I wonder why this company only offers Non Imm visas from Vientiane/Laos and not the other crossings. I'm going to Canchanaburi/Ban Laem.

You are not going to Pong Nam Ron but ban laem

not according to the Visa run services website:

http://thaivisaservice.com/

Regardless, it's gonna suck and hopefully the Thai consulate remains cool - at least when I'm there ;-)

I wonder why this company only offers Non Imm visas from Vientiane/Laos and not the other crossings. I'm going to Canchanaburi/Ban Laem.

I would assume that it is because Laos typically isn't too capricious about paperwork. If you have what they require and use an agent they generally will issue it.

But no paperwork is needed for a Multi Non Imm O so why not offer the service. Seem to be missing an op for more clients?

You are missing something in translation I think :)

If you are talking about a 90 day border hop it is covered by the first section.

If you are talking about getting a Multi-non-imm visa, then there is indeed paperwork required.

But no paperwork is needed for a Multi Non Imm O so why not offer the service. Seem to be missing an op for more clients?

If you are talking about a 90 day border hop it is covered by the first section.

If you are talking about getting a Multi-non-imm visa, then there is indeed paperwork required.

I can't see it covered in in first section. Must be on my blind side:-)

ED: But yes I am talking about a '90 day stamp' not visa

Edited by CHANGOVER

I can't see it covered in in first section. Must be on my blind side:-)

ED: But yes I am talking about a '90 day stamp' not visa

They don't state it clearly... but it is covered by the first section. You get a visa into Cambodia and then a stamp (free) upon return ... yours won't be a 15 day stamp it will be 90 days. Make sure your guide knows you have a multi-non-imm.