Uk Settlement Visa While Visit Visor Still Active?

hi guys

Does anyone know if there would be a problem applying for a UK settlment visa while the UK family visit visa is still usable?

my wife got the 6 month visit visa in november and visited me in the UK for 6 weeks over christmas but we are about to apply for the settlement visa and its still usable, i guess there's no problem but....?

Edited by leafmould

Your guess is correct, there will not be a problem.

Be aware, though, that this is a busy time of year for visa applications and settlement ones can take up to three months to process. During this time her passport will be with the application at the embassy, so she obviously will not be able to use any remaining time on the visit visa.

Your guess is correct, there will not be a problem.

Be aware, though, that this is a busy time of year for visa applications and settlement ones can take up to three months to process. During this time her passport will be with the application at the embassy, so she obviously will not be able to use any remaining time on the visit visa.

thanks 7by7,

not good news about the 3 month wait, i was hoping everybody tried to do it before the price went up, ce la vie.

good point about the passport, we wern't planning a trip to Uk but maybe to malaysia, we'll check if she can get there with only ID card or something