Shipping Personal Effects

johnnort

Hello,

I have no experience of this so assistance please. I am requiring to ship out to my house in France some personal effects from my Thai home; clothes, a flat TV (for sat. viewing), files of paperwork, some tools and the like, but no large, heavy furniture. I guess there will be about three medium boxes. What company could be recommended? Do Airlines offer a good freight service? Where would I be able to access heavy duty boxes? What weight restrictions would there be? Air or Sea? Costs (no expensive express delivery necessary)? I would be able to collect from an airport or depot. My location is Rayong, on the Eastern Seaboard, so an office here or in Pattaya would be an advantage. In my absence friends will be organizing the Thai side of things. Thank you.

If I were in this situation, I would start off doing 3 things:

1. Ask the air lines what their rates and processes are. They will most likely have freight forwarders in the UK that can pick it and deliver it to the final destination. They will also tell you what paperwork is required.

2. I would visit some of the tourist shops that sell large items and find their international shippers. Then go talk to them. You would most likely get air and sea transportation information.

3. Find some household goods shippers that ship overseas and ask the same questions.

I would expect at that point to have all the information required to make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are not hurry can pack every thing in carton box and put all box and other package to woodend crate to protect your stuff attack to other customer stuff when you join container with someone else.

Freight forwarder can arrange space container for you they can give you 1-10 cbm.

Transit time from BKK port to France take around 1 month.

From rayong to Bkk port you can let shipping company pick up and pack all stuff for you.

Then they can do export Customs clearance for you as well.

They will co-operate with shipping line put your stuff after pass export Customs clearance to Container

then when container arrive sea port in France. You can find Customs broker to do import Customs clearance for you.

Julaluck at Intermover Thailand