Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

...and now we learn that OBN wasn't hiding behind a woman nor was he brandishing a weapon. It makes the whole thing stink. I don't have a problem capping the guy, but this lie stinks.

I think that Obama just handed his head over to his enemies and the world on a silver platter.

I for one am disgusted to learn this news. It is murder pure and simple and the right is going to have a field day not to mention all of Islam.

Edited by trisailer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and now we learn that OBN wasn't hiding behind a woman nor was he brandishing a weapon. It makes the whole thing stink.

The whole thing stunk days ago, but some people are only starting to smell the feces. I repeat: don't blindly believe everything that governments tell you.

I for one am disgusted to learn this news. It is murder pure and simple and the right is going to have a field day not to mention all of Islam.

Given that he is responsible for several thousand murders himself, and probably intended to commit more, I think shooting him in cold blood was a reasonable thing to do.

Given that he is responsible for several thousand murders himself, and probably intended to commit more, I think shooting him in cold blood was a reasonable thing to do.

The Navy Seal who found him was probably the wrong guy. He had learned to give the Miranda Warning in Pashtun. The one who could give it in Arabic was busy elsewhere in the compound and didn't answer his cell phone. Now they will have to give the poor guy who shot him a suspension from duty pending an investigation. I hope he has nice vacation.

Yes perhaps I phrased it poorly but I meant they (others)

could also make the claim that they torture to gain info to save lives.

Very true, but they torture regularly anyway - and far worse than water boarding.

Let's save our pity for an enemy that tries to follow the rules and has a little compassion for innocent human beings, rather than targeting them with highjacked airplanes and suicide bombs.

And lets not forget Bins lot enjoyed making a bad job of cutting an innocent guys head off on video for the world to see. ;)

People here talk about Bin was unarmed, think himself lucky he didn't have HIS head removed with a blunt knife on video.

Here is an extract from an article by one Geoffrey Robertson QC, which basically questions the "ugly triumphalism" that greeted OBL's execution:

"When the time came to consider the fate of men more steeped in wickedness than bin Laden - the Nazi leaders - the British government wanted them hanged within six hours of capture. The president Harry Truman demurred, citing the conclusion of Justice Robert Jackson that summary execution "would not sit easily on the American conscience or be remembered by our children with pride . . . the only course is to determine the innocence or guilt of the accused after a hearing as dispassionate as the times will permit and upon a record that will leave our reasons and motives clear".

He insisted upon judgment at Nuremberg, which has confounded Holocaust-deniers ever since. Killing bin Laden instead of capturing him was a missed opportunity to prove this charismatic leader was a vicious criminal, who deserved to die in prison, not as a martyr to his inhuman cause."

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1LMruqdeu

You certainly know how to spoil a good lynching.

Unfortunately Americans no longer possess the confidence in their ideals and abilities that they had in 1945.

Bush, Jr. did terrible damage to the national psyche by panicking, overreacting to what was a horrifying but very lucky attack by a tiny group of terrorists, and intentionally stoking a climate of fear. Had any other 20th-century president been in the White House on September 11th the reaction would have been more typically American.

It's now hard to imagine the U.S. ever regaining the confidence and sangfroid it possessed before 2001. Which is not good news for the coming century.

Hicks was a member of the Taliban and they were supposedly interogated in Egypt. False claims and figments of your imagination are not "facts". ;)

Hicks was not a High ranking AL QAEDA terrorist.

He was a Westerner who purposely went to war to help the Taliban. Sorry, if I do not believe a word of his story, but it is more than obvious what is agenda is - to hurt his own country and the US in any way that he can. Lying about his treatment fits. :rolleyes:

Glad this prick is dead! sorry it took so long! Glad that they got one of his son I hope there were more! But 35 miles from the capital of Pakistan supports that this country was hiding him for years especially the size of the compound which stood out like a palace! This government has lots to answer for and U.S. should seriously think about stopping support this country with money! If they are being overun by Al Quada they deserve it. They should keep his body frozen and once the World Trade Towers are built should throw his body down from the top to celebrate. I myself am heading down to Walking Street tonight to celebrate with some ping pongs.

Nobody said this man was not scum. But i think you are very short sighted. And maybe the U.S. should remove their troops from around the globe and concentrate on all the shit they have going on in the U.S. And let those who have oil decided who to sale it to and who not to sale it to and then maybe the world would be a better place for all of us .Have you ever served in the armed force? most of the soldiers believe that they are doing no good for the countries they are based in and would rather be at home having a cold one not walking around waiting to be shoot ,blow up in some shit hole were the majority of the countries people think you have no right there . When the f** k will it end.

You are the idiot that you are! Short sighted, I suggest you look in the mirror! I'm just as liberal as the next person but people like you just don't get the big picture! I don't agree to everything the U.S. has done and I had certainly preached what is happening today to our own domestic economic problem! You are the type of person who say don't drill for oil but is the first to complain why gas is so expensive. You are the type of person who protest that we can't cut down one tree and have a house in the woods and when it burn down you are the first to wonder why it happen and quickly ask where is FEMA and my cash? You are the type of person who claim jobs are being shipped out of the country and is the first in line after Thanksgiving outside Walmart buying everything that is made in China. You are the type that complain when they have to be scan at the airport but the first to cry when something happens. You are the type that is ruining our education system by complaining that our teachers must teach this way but at the same time say they are paid too much. You are the type of person complaining about high taxes at the same time complain about why our State and Cities have so many Fee's. In the end you are the type politicians behind close door call " Stupid "

you just don't get the big picture because you are the type that is so self righteous that you are blind that the U.S. goes out and help and yes hurt others around the world but tell me what country doesn't do the same. Can you tell me China or Russia is better? Do you see any of the Middle East countries turning down our aid? You have no facts that " most soldiers " believe that they are doing no good " but I'm sure there are some! This is a volunteer nor forced army! Our country good or bad did not attack first like they attack on 9/11. I would like to live in a dream world like you but I can't! I didn't serve in the Armed force but <deleted> does that have to do with being a American? Loosing a niece and nephew on 9/11, I think is enough! Good or Bad you enjoy democracy in your life because of it. I too would like the U.S. to stop giving money to everyone while within our own country is dying within but I'm realistic it isn't going to happen no matter who is in charged.

Maybe you would appreciate what you have if you lost someone close to you who never had a choice to live! I'm mad at America just like you but we didn't fly planes into buildings and strap bombs on kids to get back at us!

I am deeply sorry for your lose's and hope this will bring closer for you.I to have lost many a good friend to war and not all of them have been volunteers in the armed forces as to the fact that i have know proof that most soldiers do not want to be in the countries they have been dispatched to,well maybe you should take up with a few of them once they have returned and this might give you better insight as to what there actual views are and not what there views are after they have been debriefed. As per you not serving in the armed force that is your choice and a damned good one maybe that is why you are still around today .As per politicians calling guys like me stupid they are probable right because i am one of the idiots that fell for the line democracy, liberty, justice, free and fair .As to the U.S. giving aid to every one this we know is true but some times there aid is in the form of arms which end up back on the soil they came from and help cause destruction on the very soil they were made in.As per the fact that all countries do the same does not make it right or justify what they do ,and yes kid's strap bombs to them self and blow up innocent people but some of those kids have had there counties invaded and have seen the there families friends and loved ones killed raped and worse before their very eyes,would you not be angry, confused , and store hatred and swear revenge.This is not a perfect world BUT AS LONG AS THE FAT CATS ARE CALLING THE SHOTS AND GREED IS FIRST ON THE LIST THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE IS IN DANGER ! The big picture is very clear.Self righteous no used YES .Two wrongs do not make a right, do not judge a nation buy one man.And yes maybe BIN LADEN got what was coming to him and yes a lot of families may now put a closer on the event's 2/11 i fear that a lot more innocent people will pay in blood and thus said there will be many more grieving families that will need closer in the near future ALL IN THE NAME OF PEACE.

Believe it or not we agree on most things but I'm realistic as to what is happening in the world and know that America isn't perfect in any sense but I do believe that many soldiers that get sent to the middle east come back saying as you say <deleted> are we doing there because they are just plain crazy! As far as I'm concern they can direct every nuclear bomb in that region and push the buttom. I'm sick of my tax dollar being sent to help people who want us dead. As the same time I believe many countries need our aid other than for military but like most things we give but do not demand accountibilty except for the country to kiss our butts! But the stats show after 9/11 that our volunteer army sign ups increase ten times! your point is after the fact when they return.

Sure the way we are going the human race is in danger but look at what you are saying? when I read your post its like someone saying that our country right or wrong deserves what we got because of the points you made which I too agreed. You point out that because others do it / it doesn't justify the U.S. doing it so does that justify flying planes into the WTC? In one turn you criticize the U.S. and endorse terriorism! There are fat cats calling the shots and corruptions everywhere around the world. China/ Russia does bad things have they been attacked? We are talking one specific event you bring it all the worlds problems, rape, oil, etc... and as you say in the name of peace! Remember America isn't the only one in the game and it doesn't justify any type of attack on America or any other country by anyone. My take on your opinion is that you endorse the action of terrorist!

Yes he was scum no one is disputing that fact and I'm glad the bastard is dead, but with all the planning that went into this mission you would have thought they might of planned how to kill him without bringing down the shitstorm which will no doubt follow. Maybe they could have taken him in the chopper and tossed him out so he could have experenced the terror he inflicted on his victims. If these people are professionals they should have thought of all this stuff.

What was with the BS story about him being armed and hiding behind a woman. I mean really how stupid does it make the US look?

Yes he was scum no one is disputing that fact and I'm glad the bastard is dead, but with all the planning that went into this mission you would have thought they might of planned how to kill him without bringing down the shitstorm which will no doubt follow. Maybe they could have taken him in the chopper and tossed him out so he could have experenced the terror he inflicted on his victims. If these people are professionals they should have thought of all this stuff.

What was with the BS story about him being armed and hiding behind a woman. I mean really how stupid does it make the US look?

If I were American, I would be extremely disappointed with the way the US government has given conflicting reports.

Have the Americans provided any proof that he was behind the attacks on the WTC? Can anybody here on Thaivisa provide a link? I would be extremely grateful if you could.

If I were American, I would be extremely disappointed with the way the US government has given conflicting reports.

Have the Americans provided any proof that he was behind the attacks on the WTC? Can anybody here on Thaivisa provide a link? I would be extremely grateful if you could.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/binladen_10-29-04.html

Or google, Bin Laden Admits 9/11 Responsibility, Warns of More Attacks.

PBS Oct 4, 2004.

A tape aired by Al-Jazeera television Friday showed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden admitting for the first time that he orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and saying the United States could face more.

http://www.pbs.org/n...n_10-29-04.html

Or google, Bin Laden Admits 9/11 Responsibility, Warns of More Attacks.

PBS Oct 4, 2004.

A tape aired by Al-Jazeera television Friday showed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden admitting for the first time that he orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and saying the United States could face more.

Thank you.

This whole Bin Laden event/fairy tale/diversion is working out very nicely

Because while the air waves are filled with it they quietly speak of raising the US debt by

another 2 TRILLION dollars in approximately 10 days from now

That will put the USA into the unheard of range of 16+ TRILLION dollars of debt

Treasury suggests $2 trillion U.S. debt cap raise

Obama says no to releasing pictures of the A_hole, then in my book the whole thing is just a BS political shame to put him on the top of the ballot list for re-election :jap:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked at some point between now and the next election.

Hicks was a member of the Taliban and they were supposedly interogated in Egypt. False claims and figments of your imagination are not "facts". ;)

Hicks was not a High ranking AL QAEDA terrorist.

He was a Westerner who purposely went to war to help the Taliban. Sorry, if I do not believe a word of his story, but it is more than obvious what is agenda is - to hurt his own country and the US in any way that he can. Lying about his treatment fits. :rolleyes:

You stated that only 3 high ranking al qaeda terrorists were waterboarded. That is plainly false. The fact that YOU belive it doesn't surprise me at all. You often deny things when the facts are in front of you.

Tou haven't read much about Hicks have you. He did not go to Afghanistan to fight, he did not fire at anyone, he did not plant bombs. He was there when the US invaded. That is it. I might add that at that time there was nothing illegal about being a member of the Taliban. If he was so bad then why did the US let him go? Why isn't he still in jail? What is his high ranking in al qaeda?

You would rather believe a CIA mouthpiece with an agenda and conflict of interest than you would a person that has absolutely nothing to gain by lying. He can't make money from his story, he can't gain anything, he has nothing to prove, it doesn't serve him any interest at all to lie.

What about Habib? What ranking does he hold. What had he done, what was he charged with?

These are just 2 I that know of without doing any further research. What did you do to objectively look at the CIA claim? Or did you just accept it without thought.

You really must be delusional to believe that the President of the US gives approval to waterboard and yet only 3 of the highest ranking terrorists are the only ones waterboarded. But that doesn't surprise me.

Obama says no to releasing pictures of the A_hole, then in my book the whole thing is just a BS political shame to put him on the top of the ballot list for re-election :jap:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked at some point between now and the next election.

Obama says he will not release Bin Laden pictures:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/466105-obama-says-he-will-not-release-bin-laden-photos/

You stated that only 3 high ranking al qaeda terrorists were waterboarded. That is plainly false. The fact that YOU belive it doesn't surprise me at all. You often deny things when the facts are in front of you.

"Facts"? Why don't you present some instead of making things up about what I have read or think (yet again) or relying on the word of a devoted Muslim terrorist who trained and fought with al Qaeda and in other Islamic causes and even pleaded guilty to providing material support for terrorism ? OF COURSE he is going to claim to have been water boarded to make the US look bad.:rolleyes:

"As a Muslim young and fit my responsibility is to protect my brothers from aggressive non-believers and not let them destroy it. Islam will rule again but for now we must have patience we are asked to sacrifice our lives for Allahs cause why not? There are many privileges in heaven. It is not just war, it is jihad. One reward I get in being martyred I get to take ten members of my family to heaven who were destined for hell, but first I also must be martyred. We are all going to die one day so why not be martyred"?[29]

- David Hicks

Edited by Ulysses G.

As this pantomime unfolds I feel sorry to the Americans out there who like me are shaking their heads in disbelief.

So we have no body and we will now not be shown any photographic evidence either. We just have to take Obamas word for everything.

The excuse that they don't want to release any photos in case of any retaliations is beyond belief.

They have just shot their unarmed leader in the head of fed his body to the fish and they are worried a picture may p@ss some Muslims off <deleted>!!!!

It just gets worse by the day.

The whole episode stinks !

The whole thing has been a monumental stuff up by the US and thier image not just in the Islamic world but also the western world has been tarnished forever. With this incident and the Gaddaffi stuff up a few days before I personally think that the US have escalated terror across the world. Yes I do believe Bin Laden was a mad man and deserves to meet his maker but after standing trial and not executed without trial. The US have set themselves up to be the law makers and keepers across the world and that is fine but they themselves must also do things legally and not be judge jury and executioner.

Anyway who is going to play Obama in the movie?

As this pantomime unfolds I feel sorry to the Americans out there who like me are shaking their heads in disbelief.

So we have no body and we will now not be shown any photographic evidence either. We just have to take Obamas word for everything.

The excuse that they don't want to release any photos in case of any retaliations is beyond belief.

They have just shot their unarmed leader in the head of fed his body to the fish and they are worried a picture may p@ss some Muslims off <deleted>!!!!

The BO regime 'stinks'. Always has, always will.

The whole thing has been a monumental stuff up by the US and thier image not just in the Islamic world but also the western world has been tarnished forever. With this incident and the Gaddaffi stuff up a few days before I personally think that the US have escalated terror across the world. Yes I do believe Bin Laden was a mad man and deserves to meet his maker but after standing trial and not executed without trial. The US have set themselves up to be the law makers and keepers across the world and that is fine but they themselves must also do things legally and not be judge jury and executioner.

Anyway who is going to play Obama in the movie?

Charlie Sheen comes to mind.

Edited by venturalaw

Who cares about photographic evidence. It would only make matters worse. A pic of him with blood all over and a huge hole in his head. Did they screwup with the initial report? Yup. Were they lying? No, only trying to get the info out fast...which bit them in the butt. We are not taking Obama's word for this, we are taking the word of his entire cabinet. A group of people way smarter than any of us here on TV. God bless the team that put their lives at risk to get the job done. If he even fliched, and I was there, he would have been shot also...who knew if he had a pistol hidden, a suicide vest, whatever. This was a very dangerous man.

Is there mis-information? Possibly. Probably. Who cares. As long as this monster is gone. Fantastic. He's killed enough Americans, British, Muslims, etc. Not worth shedding a tear over for sure. Blame should be focused on the Pakistani's for not knowing what was going on. Can you imagine him hiding in your country only meters away from your most prestigeous military academy? Think about that....

Time Keeper You said, "...as you seem so willing to quote history and berating the ''ungrateful'', you should remember that if it wasn't for the French, you good ole boys would still be singing Rule Britannia......" That is true. But they fought against us and tried tosabotage us for 75 years in Canada and what is now Michigan and in the south ofthe United Sates in Louisiana but they lost. Then when they couldn'tbeat us they started a proxy war with us through theAmerican Indians. Finally they decided to to helpus. They helped us not through any great love of America or Libertyand Freedom. They helped us because they hated the British more thanus. But they did give us the Statue of Liberty for which we are andalways be eternally grateful. On the other hand as an American ofScots decent I sometimes think we might have been better off notseeking independence from the British. The American people, Britainand the people of the Greater British Commonwealth have a bond and arespect for one another that will never be broken.