Thai Cheat Sheet

NguuMuu

Well, I've decided to share something with this forum that may help you with learning Thai. This is page one of a seven page cheat sheet I've made--this page includes most of the basics for reading Thai. It assumes you already recognize the consonants and are familiar with the transliteration used by Benjawan P Becker (in the Thai for Beginners, etc series). This sheet is not perfect and any additions or edits would be appreciated, especially if some of the Thai language experts could take a look at it. For some of you it might be a good idea to use the zoom feature on excel to look at the characters. I'm pretty comfortable with most of the stuff on this sheet already, but I do tend to use it when I get stuck on the tone of a word. I just figured maybe it would be a good aid for some of you.

Enjoy!

PS...It's an excel spreadsheet...just unzip first

ThaiCheatSheetv12p1.zip

Well, I've decided to share something with this forum that may help you with learning Thai.  This is page one of a seven page cheat sheet I've made--this page includes most of the basics for reading Thai.  It assumes you already recognize the consonants and are familiar with the transliteration used by Benjawan P Becker (in the Thai for Beginners, etc series).  This sheet is not perfect and any additions or edits would be appreciated, especially if some of the Thai language experts could take a look at it.  For some of you it might be a good idea to use the zoom feature on excel to look at the characters.  I'm pretty comfortable with most of the stuff on this sheet already, but I do tend to use it when I get stuck on the tone of a word. I just figured maybe it would be a good aid for some of you.

Enjoy!

PS...It's an excel spreadsheet...just unzip first

ThaiCheatSheetv12p1.zip

Cool. really concise. Will study it as I am in the process of trying to remember the tone rules

I can input all the special fonts used by Mrs Becker {e.g., ʉ and ɔ} (not normally on our US keyboard) as I have modified my own keyboard to type those characteres. I will modify it a little and post it back here as soon as I can find the time

thanchart,

That would be great if you can put in the becker fonts...I never was able to figure out how to add those.

ayakiawe,

I just cut the excel and put it into word. It doesn't look quite right and doesn't fit on one page like it's supposed to, but most of the information is still there. If it doesn't work for you then it's probably something with mismatching versions of Office or something like that.

I hope this is of use to you all :o

ThaiCheatSheetv12p1.doc

• 6 months later...