Kangaroo Bar

Big Gary

The Kangaroo Bar with close today Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 permanantly. We would like to thank all our customers for their patronage over the past year. LT and I will be returning to Australia soon as we have purchased a Camper Van (Winnabago) and will tour around Australia for approx 3 months. We have leased a small house on Koh Chang so we will be living part of the year on the Island and the rest back here on our return. Sean has aquired and old Restuarant in Nan on the Nan river and after renovations the NEW Kangaroo Bar & Restuarant will open in the new year.

Once again Thank You as its been fun and we have made a lot of new friends.

Gary and LT

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .post-6305-0-52007700-1304491883_thumb.jp

. . . . . . . . . Wish you all the best!

.Dear LT and Garry,

Thanks for the good times in the Kangaroo Bar! You did a great job there.

My wife and I wish you a superb trip through your good old home country!

Her first reaction was: 'Let's pack our bags as well'.

I must honestly say that it made me thinking.

Enjoy your retirement and we will look forward to see you again!

Come back healthy!

Limbo :yohan:

PS: Here life will go on and we hope to see Sean coming Sunday in Nan at the

the game Nan FC vs Kampaengphet FC, simply because we want to see how

a club plays that only gathered 1 point out of 9 games. Must be spectacular!

Edited by Limbo

Very sad news Gary that you and LT are departing and the Roo bar is no more. Thankyou for all the nice times I have had and the excellent food that you have graciously given to your customers for free every sunday.

I wish you all the very best in what ever venture you undertake and hopefully I will see you in the future where we can share a nice bottle of Christmas Wine?. Cheers to you both :D

Gary and LT were kind gracious host and we will miss them. Wish I were going with them.

The Waterfront Longhorn Saloon at Don's is open to all except drunks. I built a little portal where you can fish while drinking beer and watching TV. We are OPEN! We have started our DVD and book exchange so don't forget to bring your old ones.

Good Luck for your new future venture

You will be missed in the Rai

Good Luck

Wiley Coyote

We are not leaving the Rai permanantly as it will still be our HOME Base between our travels. I have been coming here for 25+ years and it is where my beautiful wife was born and all her family( and they are mine now also) are here. You will still see me around the watering holes now and then. Off to Nan tommorrow to support Chiangrai United and check out our future Bar/Restuarant venue.

Good Luck for your new future venture

You will be missed in the Rai

Good Luck

Wiley Coyote

We are not leaving the Rai permanantly as it will still be our HOME Base between our travels. I have been coming here for 25+ years and it is where my beautiful wife was born and all her family( and they are mine now also) are here. You will still see me around the watering holes now and then. Off to Nan tommorrow to support Chiangrai United and check out our future Bar/Restuarant venue.

What good old Gary didn't realize when he wrote his message was that Chiangrai United played the

evening before at home against Muang Thong United, last year's champion of Thailand, now playing

for Thailand in the Asian Football Cup (I hope they did well against this Singaporean club yesterday

Muang Thong I mean, because Chiangrai United did very well last Saterday, they won 1 - 0).

Reports on this spectacular event you can find on the new English language Chiangrai United site

mentioned in the slowly closing down football thread of this forum.

So, realizing it after arriving at the pitch, Big Gary became one of the new supporters of Nan Town FC,

that is wrestling heavily at the bottom of Division 2 region north. It might have been the presence of

not less than nine new-baked foreign fans that gave Nan Fc wings and, what nobody expected, they gained

their second point last Sunday and this in not less than ten games (their first point they earned several

weeks ago here in town against the civils servants club Chiang Rai Fc - for sale, if you are interested)!

Like then, also now the end score was nill to nill. Exciting game thus. The victim came this time from

Kampaengphet and it was accompagnied by the spectacular 'farang' cheerleader Volkschen.

The foreigners came from Nan, Chiang Rai and Bangkok. It is nice to see that a little club manages to

attract a small multi-national (Swedish, Dutch, Australian, British and German) crowd of foreigners being

part of a circle of friends.

Good luck Big Gary, enjoy your trip through Australia and, once more, come back healthy!

Limbo :yohan:

PS: If you want to combine a Sunday afternoon game of Nan Fc with a visit to the excellent National Museum

of Nan and, of course, want to have a glimp of the extra-ordinary murals of Wat Puminn, you should realize

that these cultural highlights are closed on Mondays.

Okay Big Gary, the gentlemen at the left are the ones you should cheer!

. . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-15954100-1305108857_thumb.jp

Edited by Limbo