Recommended Mubans

seesip

Naifaan 4, on the 1317 Mae On road, 4 Km past the Sankamphaeng turn off.<div> Swimming pool, excellent construction standard, lot of open space, houses not all stuck together like many moo baans. You can Google it, it has a website.</div>

The moo baans that fit your description are too many to list. It would be helpful if you name the desired area of the city. To get an overview of new moo baans, you can buy one of those Chiang Mai property magazines. They contain a list of recent development projects and tons of ads.

Cheers, CMX

You might consider Moo Baan Thanawan. It's an older Moo Baan with a variety of new and older homes. Security is okay and has a pool. Unbeatable location next to Ruamchoke and Meechoke markets.

Moo Ban 'Land and House' is a very secure compound with nice swimming pool, club house and tennis courts.

Houses to suit all budgets, from 15K to 50K a month. If you're buying, 3 million to 20 million....

Moo Ban 'Land and House' is a very secure compound with nice swimming pool, club house and tennis courts.

Houses to suit all budgets, from 15K to 50K a month. If you're buying, 3 million to 20 million....

Thanks. It looks like they have several sub-developments within, any idea which ones are the newer ones?

Another Moo Baan in a suburb location is the Emperor 2, about 100 meters from the Ruamchoke intersection where Meechoke Plaza is. Full facilities and modern homes with good size rooms. It's expensive though.

i live in a house, with family in land and house, excellent security,very clean and well maintained, good swimming pool, very safe, were just embarking on moving to a larger house, paying 20k per mth, considering its about a third bigger than our current house at 18k per mth, its obvious that if you come and take a look around the sois, theres plenty of choice, and most are willing to negotiate.

we live in Pimuk 2, right next to emporer and on the way to Laguna (back entrance)... no pool, but just down the road Pimuk 1 has a pool, but we prefer to go around and use the Laguna salt water pool.

Pimuk 2 has security and is smallish (less than 60 homes, i believe) while Pimuk 1, right down the road, has no security and hundreds of homes.. with rentals everywhere. We can walk to RaumChok mkt and rimping and find it a great place to live.

Renting 240 sq. mt home, furnished, with nice but smallish yard... 15K. 3 bdrms, 3 baths, AC everywhere, 2 kitchens...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I also intend to move from Pattaya to CM.

Looking for a safe, small house in a nice mooban, up 10K Bt. Don't need a Pool. But a little bit of "Life" (7/11, shops, foodstalls, (Thai)restaurant etc.) near the mooban.

San Sai? Any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

Edited by roban

Looking for a safe, small house in a nice mooban, up 10K Bt. Don't need a Pool. But a little bit of "Life" (7/11, shops, foodstalls, (Thai)restaurant etc.) near the mooban.

thanks

I also moved from Pattaya /Jomtien up to Chiang Mai around 17 months ago now .The moo Baan i said before ( Cataley ,Nong jom ,San Sai ) is a good bet .

We rented there before buying for B6,500 ,but the average rental is around B10,000 .7/11 is half a klm away and they are also building a new mini Tesco .There are many good restaurants within 1 klm and Rimping is only 2 klm away .There is a pool 1 klm away with gym and massage for B40 ( swim ,adult ) .

To get a cheap rental go around the moo baan and look for rental signs .If you use an agency it will be far more expensive .

I also moved from Pattaya /Jomtien up to Chiang Mai around 17 months ago now .The moo Baan i said before ( Cataley ,Nong jom ,San Sai ) is a good bet .

We rented there before buying for B6,500 ,but the average rental is around B10,000 .7/11 is half a klm away and they are also building a new mini Tesco .There are many good restaurants within 1 klm and Rimping is only 2 klm away .There is a pool 1 klm away with gym and massage for B40 ( swim ,adult ) .

To get a cheap rental go around the moo baan and look for rental signs .If you use an agency it will be far more expensive .

Is it this location?

post-97561-0-87200600-1304511860_thumb.j

Edited by roban

Is it this location?

Thats it .Cataleya is spelt many different ways .The swimming pool i mentioned is at the junction of roads 1001/121 ,and you can see the 7/11 on access road 4230 .Opposite it is a large Thai market for fruit and vegetables etc .

Thats it .Cataleya is spelt many different ways .The swimming pool i mentioned is at the junction of roads 1001/121 ,and you can see the 7/11 on access road 4230 .Opposite it is a large Thai market for fruit and vegetables etc .

thanks, mooban added to my list

The suggestions so far were all Hang-Dongish or Sansai-ish, for a good reason I suppose, because both areas have many moo baans, good infrastructure, many expat residents, and are still growing fast. Definitely the two obvious choices. To me it looks like Sansai has now overtaken Hang Dong in terms of residential density and growth rate.

Cheers, CMX

^^^^Hi Roban, from what source map did you snap the portion showing 'Catalay'? We are interested in looking around that area for a home and your map seems well designed for the purpose. Cheers :jap:

^^^^Hi Roban, from what source map did you snap the portion showing 'Catalay'? We are interested in looking around that area for a home and your map seems well designed for the purpose. Cheers :jap:

It is a screenshot from my Garmin-GPS Thailand map software, but running on a PC. ;)

The suggestions so far were all Hang-Dongish or Sansai-ish, for a good reason I suppose, because both areas have many moo baans, good infrastructure, many expat residents, and are still growing fast. Definitely the two obvious choices. To me it looks like Sansai has now overtaken Hang Dong in terms of residential density and growth rate.

Cheers, CMX

That's probably so. everyone's tastes are different, but speaking for myself i wouldn't live anywhere East of the Canal Road. To me the great thing about chiang mai is its proximity to the hills and the countryside. Anywhere west of the canal road that is achieved in minutes. Most of the rest seems like suburbia to me.

Hi Me too would like to move fom pattaya to chiang mai...

did u move already /

why u want to move /

thanks

• 3 weeks later...