Any Suggetions On Internet

matador11021965

Not sure what you mean by "best internet available wireless" - do you mean free WiFi in shops etc - or do you mean home internet line with wireless router?

Assuming the latter.

Personally I think they are both much of a much - I have had 3B (BBB, treble T, True - and a few other names) and TOT - both have good days and bad days (are good in the early hour and early afternoon and crap between 7pm and midnight). If you are browsing in Thailand (i.e. Thai sites) then BBB does the fastest lines here I think - though for overseas its the int. pipe that matters and that is slow compared. So, as I said, its pretty much 6 of one a half a dozen of the other. If you already have a TOT home phone, thenm it makes most financial sense IMO to take out a TOT internet connection too (they do a 4M ADSL, telephone line with free telephone calls - limited to 500B I think - for 738B/Month). I seem to get as good an international connection on the 4MB line as I did on a 10MB BBB line in my last house. I think there is probably lower compression rate on the slower lines too - most people want 6Mb upwards (that don't make much difference internationally) so less people on the line. Not sure how true that is, but there you go.

I bought my own wireless 4 port router - both 3B and ToT give a crappy little 1 port wired (or wired 4 port / wireless if you pay extra), which I use as back up - these belong to the company (even if you pay for the upgrade) - which means you are supposed to return them if you cancel the subscription. They usually come set up for yopu, so just plug and play - but also include an external access password for their engineers - this is why I keep the 1 port as a backup - when the engineer is needed I can just hot swap it and when they fix the line, swap back in my wireless router.

If you meant the former (WiFi shop) - then lots of coffee shops offer free WiFi as do hotels etc - passowrds often are unimaginative (telephone number or 1234512345 etc) - or buy a coffee and ask.