Back To Google Image Search Old Style

Many really hate the new Google Image Search that they copied from Bing. I was using the Greasemonkey script for several months but for some reason it stopped working and so far I can't get it work again.

Currently using this link that redirects to image search old style, you just need to remove the dot before every search query.

Wonder if anyone else is still using the Greasemonkey script and which one/ how...

Just tried the Firefox 'redirector addon' (link 2 below) but without success.

Anyone ?

http://www.ashout.com/get-old-google-image-search-option/

http://www.ashout.com/get-old-google-image-search-with-redirector-add-on/

you can scroll to the bottom of the first page in a search and turn on basic i.e old style - it does not keep the change between sessions but it helps. I have sent a ton of suggest that they at least move the button to the top. went the net is slow you have to wait for the image frame holders in order to scroll down - big pain in the but I don't use it all together that much.

I use this:

Explain plzz ?

Thanks !

Point your browser to about:config, right click, New -> String

Enter general.useragent.override and then

Mozilla/2.0

OR...

Use the User Agent Switcher add-on to accomplish the same thing.

What is the effect of this related to Google Image Search ??

^ Reverts to classic Google image search. Try it and see for yourself...

What this mod does is trick websites into thinking you're running FF 2.0, thus blocking out unwanted elements -- in this case the new Google image search UI. However, there are drawbacks to doing this; some sites (like Hotmail) may not work properly, but you can easily reset the useragent string back to its default setting if necessary.

Edited by Supernova

OK I did about:config > new string > general.useragent.overwrite > Mozilla/2.0 and as long as I keep this page open I indeed get 'old image search' but the setting is not saved, after restarting FF or just clicking away the config page the new string is gone.

How to save this setting ?

Many thanks !