Pool Chemicals

fm2002

I'm working on a deal to rent a house. The owners live outside the country. Said house has a pool and is cleaned twice a week by an outside service. We decided on a price, but in addition to the price agreed I would have to pay the monthly cost of cleaning the pool, which get this it's 6000baht per month!!! Before you think he's hog washing me he sent me a receipt . As I know may way around cleaning a pool and will have plenty of time I suggested he let me clean the pool. He has all the equipment; vacumn, brush etc. so I will need to buy chlorine and perhaps some soda ash. You guys know any pool supply wholesalers in town ?

There has to be some pool and chemical shops in CR, just don't know where.

Might it be feasable to change to a salt water pool system ?

I know a number of hotels and guesthouses are using the salt water now.

Not sure if it is any cleaner or cheaper to maintain.

I know the Lek Guest house owners do their own salt water pool maintenance, and buy their salt and chemicals somewhere local in CR.

Across from Thaweeyont Shop, same side as the Golden Triangle Inn - heading to east, before the corner is a shop that installs swimming pools. Try that.

On the Super Highway heading north , just past the traffic lights at the Kings Monument , on the right side of the road , there is a

water purification shop , they have chemicals. Heading back towards Bic C, there are a couple of other shops along that stretch of road as well .

Failing that , ask the guys in Ricos , they will know.

International chemicals is the place to go, coming from the kings statue towards Big C just after the traffic lights for Wiang Chia, get into the service road and its on your left side, look for a blue sign. i get all my pool stuff from them for less than half the price of the pool shop shops in town. :jap:

International chemicals is the place to go, coming from the kings statue towards Big C just after the traffic lights for Wiang Chia, get into the service road and its on your left side, look for a blue sign. i get all my pool stuff from them for less than half the price of the pool shop shops in town. :jap:

[/quote

]Thanks. I'll check it out !

I ask myself... is it worth it in CR to have this daily work and all the investments? In CM I used to have a house with a swimming pool. Very nice...... for neighbors and friends, I hardly used it.