Can Somebody Recomend A Good Optician?

sanook 1

Euro Optic will not fill a scrip from an outside doctor, as their policy. So if you want to use them you might save yourself the expense of a doc visit.

I'm not knocking their policy, just informing. I guess they figure if you complain about your new glasses they want to be the ones really responsible for the specs.

Edited by Jingthing

Most optometrists that work in the small shops that I have visited will

do a very basic evaluation of your eye site. If you are looking for a

complete checkup with a real MD I would strongly recommend the

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Cheers,

rudi

• Like 1

There is a cartel operating in Pattaya I'm sure,all around 10 to 13 thousand. First Optic Soi 17 off third road south broke it for me,6 and a half for memory metal, titanium with tint and vario focal( progressives) lenses

where exactly on Soi 17 is First Optic ?

Turn whichever way onto Soi 17 south, less than 100 metres on the left hand side,next to dental clinic There is easier way from Tuk Com, down to the end ,turn left,but if unsure take route from 17 086 3031907. Tell them you have been recommended so they know that previous prices are known

I once had my eyes tested in Bangkok and went I went to collect the glasses I could not even see the newsprint of The Bangkok Post let alone read it! The woman told me to try them for a week because the glasses looked so good on me!

I once had my eyes tested in Bangkok and went I went to collect the glasses I could not even see the newsprint of The Bangkok Post let alone read it! The woman told me to try them for a week because the glasses looked so good on me!

Same here Had a eye doctor do tests,got prescription,went to get them made,then fell down some bloody steps on trying them on How could the doc get it so wrong. Anyway all in house now,and using machines for testing.

• 8 months later...

Eurooptic is the only place I've found that does western style work, expensive by Thai standards but in this case you do get what you pay for.

I've had 4 pairs (new pair every year) of progressive glasses done by Eurooptic, and they've been perfect every time.

Had one pair of progressives done by Bangkok Pattaya Hospital,presctiption by them and done by their recommended optician. One lense was OK and after 3 attempts to get the second one fixed I said to hell with it