Retirement Visa Bkk Or Hull

As said Hull can not issue a retirement visa. He applies at the Embassy in London if obtaining in the UK. Otherwise he can obtain extension of stay in Thailand of a non immigrant visa entry (which can be issued in Bangkok by Immigration for 2,000 baht) in the process of retirement extension of stay. But if going that route it would be best to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa prior to travel to be sure airline will allow one way travel.

Thanks for the replies,so in summary is it considered the best route that I go to Hull,secure a "single entry non immigrant O visa",then apply for a retirement extension in Thailand.?

ps,I am quite happy to travel to Hull its only an hour or so from where I live,

Many Thanks

If applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa for retirement you cannot apply at Hull.

You can only apply at the Thai Embassy in London.

You do need a Police and Medical report.

Money in a UK bank

Fee. Single Entry £45. Multi Entry £100

Details.

You can apply for a Non Imm O Visa in Hull and when in Thailand apply for a 12 month extension for retirement. No Police or Medical reports needed.

Money in a Thai bank.

1,900 Baht fee. (£38)

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Interesting that you say a Police and Medical report is essential. I applied for a non-immigrant 90 day visa, as instructed by the Thai Consulate, in Melbourne Australia. No Police or medical report was required. After arrival I applied and received my "Retirement Visa" after supplying the other details that you described. Perhaps it is only a UK citizen requirement that the two reports mentioned above are needed?

About visas. By own experience.Iit is a lot easier and faster to do it it in Chiang Mai than in Bangkok. In Bangkok they even asked me for income documentation not on the list. If you plan to stay more than 15 days in the same city, will be a lot cheaper to rent an apartment than pay for a hotel room. Pay for TV cable or Internet in your name, and you will have a better proof of residence. Do not mention the word marriage at any time. Thai laws are getting very picky about marriage visas. It is better to get first a resident visa and later look in other kind if is the case. Good luck.

for retirement all u need is the 30day "permission to stay" which u get on arrival. if you use an agent. pm me for details

But one would need to have a ticket out of the country within 30 days or have a visa. reason why getting a non-O visa is often easier than arriving without a visa and convert in Thaliand.

for retirement all u need is the 30day "permission to stay" which u get on arrival. if you use an agent. pm me for details

Why would he use an agent it is easy enough to do yourself. All the information he needs has been posted here Lopburi3 and Mario2008 are the experts on visa matters just read their post and you have all of the correct info you need

Why would he use an agent it is easy enough to do yourself. All the information he needs has been posted here Lopburi3 and Mario2008 are the experts on visa matters just read their post and you have all of the correct info you need

Well Said.

The use of an agent is totally unnecessary.

As I did, just follow closely the excellent advice given on this site.

If applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa for retirement you cannot apply at Hull.

You can only apply at the Thai Embassy in London.

You do need a Police and Medical report.

Money in a UK bank

Fee. Single Entry £45. Multi Entry £100

Details.

You can apply for a Non Imm O Visa in Hull and when in Thailand apply for a 12 month extension for retirement. No Police or Medical reports needed.

Money in a Thai bank.

1,900 Baht fee. (£38)

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Interesting that you say a Police and Medical report is essential. I applied for a non-immigrant 90 day visa, as instructed by the Thai Consulate, in Melbourne Australia. No Police or medical report was required. After arrival I applied and received my "Retirement Visa" after supplying the other details that you described. Perhaps it is only a UK citizen requirement that the two reports mentioned above are needed?

You misundertood, he said if applying for an "O-A" Visa, the Medical and Police reports are required, an "O" Visa is not the same thing. You didn't receive a "Retirement Visa" in Thailand, you received a one year "Extension of Stay".

Apply in Hull, youll more than likely get it and it will be alot easier

You can't apply for visas in Thailand, they can only be issued from outside. Some can be extended within though

Totally incorrect!

I came in on a tourist entry stamp last June and applied for a Non-Immigrant Visa on the basis of retirement at Thai Immigration at Chaeng Wattana. At one counter they gave me a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa which is stamped in my passport on 29th July 2010(a proper visa). They then immediately cancelled this with a "USED" stamp (Visas are only used to gain entry into Thailand, it is up to immigration how long they allow entry for) and then gave me an extension of 90 days whilst my application was being considered along with my proof of money in the bank (B800,000). I returned on 21st September 2010 and they checked that I had kept the B800,000 in the bank for 3 months (which is what the law requires) and then gave me my extension based on retirement.

So you can get a VISA in the Country at Thai Immigration, and magically enter the country immediately afterwards without leaving the immigration bureau (T.I.T.)

I have done this before in 1994 when I first came to live here permanently. Remember there is the Law and then there is T.I.T. ... I love it.

I have been living here since 1994 however for the last 10 years i have been working in Malaysia, Romania and Libya 10 weeks on 3 weeks off so I let my permission to stay on a yearly basis lapse, so I have been a tourist for the last 10 years even the though I have a Thai Wife and three children.

So to summarise.....1. You can get a Visa in Thailand at Thai Immigration, which they use to give you a 90 day stay.

2. After the 90 day period they will check that you still have B800,000 in the bank

3. They will then give you a retirement extension valid 1 year if you fulfill all the requirements.

imho, you'd do well to keep as much money as possible in THB - appreciation against GBP seems likely. You can also use www.caxtonfx.com to transfer money easily at good rates, once you have your bank account set up.

You can not obtain a visa except in the process for extension of stay - if you do qualify you can change your status from visa exempt or tourist visa to non immigrant 90 day entry. This is a 2,000 baht extra step in the extension of stay process

The requirement for funds in 60 days for first extension of of stay for retirement and any extension of stay for Thai wife. This is a 1,900 baht one year extension of stay.

Re Swift transfers, look at the old threads on Halifax Reward Accounts. These are just about the cheapest way, even if you only open one as a second account,and will allow online transactions. I also have NW accounts but they aren't so clever now and I will close them soon.

You can not obtain a visa except in the process for extension of stay - if you do qualify you can change your status from visa exempt or tourist visa to non immigrant 90 day entry. This is a 2,000 baht extra step in the extension of stay process

The requirement for funds in 60 days for first extension of of stay for retirement and any extension of stay for Thai wife. This is a 1,900 baht one year extension of stay.

Most people are looking to obtain VISAs with the view to a long term stay, therefore it is correct to say that VISAs can be obtained for this purpose at Thai Immigration Chaeng Wattana.

If you are applying for a one year multi-entry, then Birmingham office is obviously nearer to you ( from Derby ). I've never dealt with Birmingham, but I can tell you the staff at Hull are MOST helpful. I was having trouble getting my police and medical report notarised. There is only one notary solicitor in Doncaster, and he was insisting my forms had to go to the British and Commonwealth Office and this would have really cost a lot, his fees on top too. So, I went to Hull with my paperwork, told them the problem, and 30 minutes later I had my one year multi-entry visa in my passport. Another point to bear in mind is that the police tend to make you wait the full term for your report so apply for it in plenty of time. They have to reply to you within a certain time period by law -- 40 days, but they were very slow. What peaved me with their report (which showed I had no criminal record ) was the bottom line which says, quote :- " This document does not constitute a Certificate of Good Character " . Hull did tell me it was best to get a one year multi-entry even though I would be applying for a retirement visa in Thailand because there was no guarantee I would get this straight away. Being a bit green at the time, I applied at Jomtien for my retirement visa three days after my arrival and got the retirement visa immediately ( sods law ). Good luck, it's not quite as daunting as it would at first seem.

You did not receive a long stay (retirement O-A visa) from Hull. They have never been allowed to issue. What you received was a multi entry non immigrant O visa which normally does not require any such paperwork. Police check/medical is only required for O-A visa issued from London in the UK.

You did not receive a long stay (retirement O-A visa) from Hull. They have never been allowed to issue. What you received was a multi entry non immigrant O visa which normally does not require any such paperwork. Police check/medical is only required for O-A visa issued from London in the UK.

You are quite right, and until now, I've never noticed EXACTLY what I did. I downloaded the application form from the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull for an O-A Long Stay/Retirement Visa ( 01/Jun/2006 ). To be eligible for this, I had to be over 50, no criminal record in the UK orr Thailand, possess an acceptable medicl report, be able to meet the financial requirements and not be prohibited from entering Thailand. I took all the reports and the completed form to Hull and they duly entered into my passport a 12 month multi entry non immigrant O visa. They didn't point my error out to me, just issued me a/the visa. I still think they are very helpful people.....

You are quite right, and until now, I've never noticed EXACTLY what I did. I downloaded the application form from the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull for an O-A Long Stay/Retirement Visa ( 01/Jun/2006 ). To be eligible for this, I had to be over 50, no criminal record in the UK orr Thailand, possess an acceptable medicl report, be able to meet the financial requirements and not be prohibited from entering Thailand. I took all the reports and the completed form to Hull and they duly entered into my passport a 12 month multi entry non immigrant O visa. They didn't point my error out to me, just issued me a/the visa. I still think they are very helpful people.....

According to other recent threads, Hull no longer seem to be the "easy touch" they once were....