mobile to mobile calling systems

since skype seems the best of these three

i will now consider other competing online services

who gives the best quality for the lowest price

apologies if this has been discussed already

thanks

shared with you how I use Skype :

Skype on computer

Skype-to-Skype : free ( quality per local internet connection )

Skype-out : to landline, mobile, buy pre-paid value ( resaonable low rate : -)

Skype on mobile

as a free offer of the True Internet subscription, the True WiFi access allows me Skype in most shopping malls

( IF you have 3G, then depends on 3G coverage and package )

Skype subscription ( pre-paid monthly service per country )

to friends and families on landline and mobile I-CALL-THEM regualarly

Skype call forwarding ( as a free offer of subscription )

while I am not in front of the computer and not in WiFi, call forward to my mobile in Thailand

Skype Online Number ( prepaid per year per country number )

Skype-IN, local call number at specific countries, friends and family THEY-CALL-ME from landline and mobile

basically above covered more-than-enough my calling need, under one service.

voice call not not much quality issue, video call stuck due to local internet connect.

I used to use skype, but for the last 3 years, I use 'magicjack'....it's so simple, a box smaller than a pack of cigarettes with a usb on one end and a real phone jack on the other and plugs into a regular house phone and you get a normal phone number with the area code in the uS of your choosing. cost of hardware only $20 and cost of calling unlimited only $20/yr and you can get voice mails.......best gadget I've bought in years!!

google magicjack.com

try smartvoip.com, yes you have to use your computer but all calls to Thailand land and cell phones are free. All calls to many other countries like US, Canada, Germany, Japan are also free. most other countries are cheaper than skype and the clarity is equal or better.

CAT's phonenet card. It's not free........but at 1 baht per minute, I find it hard to beat. I can call from my (or any) mobile phone or from my (or any) landline to our daughter's mobile phone (or landline) in the US, any time, any day, crystal clear for 1 baht per minute. The cards are rechargeable......in 100, 200, 300 baht denominations. I always carry a spare in my wallet.

Instructions are in English and the cards are good for 1 year after initial use.

You dial a toll-free number for access (1544), so you're not using TOT minutes or mobile phone minutes for your call.

For me, it's a small price for all the convenience.

CAT's phonenet card. It's not free........but at 1 baht per minute, I find it hard to beat. I can call from my (or any) mobile phone or from my (or any) landline to our daughter's mobile phone (or landline) in the US, any time, any day, crystal clear for 1 baht per minute. The cards are rechargeable......in 100, 200, 300 baht denominations. I always carry a spare in my wallet.

Instructions are in English and the cards are good for 1 year after initial use.

You dial a toll-free number for access (1544), so you're not using TOT minutes or mobile phone minutes for your call.

Where did/do you buy these calling cards ??

Where did/do you buy these calling cards ??

These cards can be bought at all Catcom offices. I believe there is one in Pattaya in Soi 13/2 . I use them regularly to call friends in Australia and the call quality is very good.

As an alternative, the InterSim from TrueMove can be used at 1B per minute, valid for 1 year.

To mobiles as well as landlines ??

Good point.................. it can be anything from 1B to B14 depending on the country.

With voipbuster you can open up a free account. When you put 10 euro or an equivalent on it you get 120 so called 'freedays' allowing for unlimited calls to landlines in many countries in Europe, America, Australia, etc. You can also get a phonenumber. Register as living somewhere in Europe and you get a European number. Nice trick to enable others in that country to call you for national rate. After 120 days you slowly use up the credit, usually at about 1 cent per minute.

Nice thing also is that voipbuster supports SIP meaning you can use any phone when hooked up to a sip adapter or a router with sip client and old style telephone port. If the phone supports it it even shows the caller's number. Most smartphones have a sip client or one can be installed. Enter your voipbuster account and all you need to call is a WiFi network. Have been doing this for years, mainly on holidays abroad and it saved me heaps of money. Always choose hotels with free WiFi and people can call me easily. And I don't depend on the hotels high call rates. If you have a mobile data plan you can also call via 3g (2g is usually just a little too slow). Voipbuster also has a software client for the pc.

Audio quality cannot be distinguished from a classic landline and sounds even better than the Thai landlines around here. ;)

Skype is nice but, as said before, usually only works when both parties happen to be at the computer. As such it's not a true replacement for a phone.

Edited by AgentSmith