Vat Refund Buying From Apple Website

kerr17

Hi,

I just ordered a new Mac Air from the apple online website and I was wondering if I could claim VAT refund from it considering that I will leave Thailand in few weeks and how to do that considering that I heard different versions from apple employees and I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone ever done it before?

Thanks

I know that you can't get a VAT refund when buying from the UK online applestore, and think that you must be here on a tourist visa to claim VAT back in Thailand, but not sure of the exact situation here.

CMMCB

I would assume you would need the Apple store to give you the completed standard VAT refund form that you take to the Airport...

iStudio gave me one - But I bought in person and asked for it before I bought...

BTW - They need your passport info to complete the form...

Edited by sfokevin

Another King Power scam I see at the airport. I was passing thru a couple days ago and asked if they had a new Ipad2. They did and the price for the 16G 3G was 19,900, the same as online or in any of the resellers. So I said OK, I would take that and can you please fill in the VAT refund form for me. I was told "oh no, we don't do VAT refund forms as this is all duty free" I said if it was duty free then how come the price is the same as at a downtown shop where the VAT is included in the price. He had no answer for that......as usual another King Power ripoff.

After an extensive research even from the Apple customer service itself (I heard different version from different agents) Apple online store DO NOT offer VAT refund on purchased items, so I highly recommend to do your shopping at a local store if you plan to get back to your country and claim VAT REFUND.

Apple online store DO NOT offer VAT refund on purchased items, so I highly recommend to do your shopping at a local store if you plan to get back to your country and claim VAT REFUND.

Unless of course you order from store.apple.com/th-k12 :) And you can keep your VAT discount

Apple online store DO NOT offer VAT refund on purchased items, so I highly recommend to do your shopping at a local store if you plan to get back to your country and claim VAT REFUND.

Unless of course you order from store.apple.com/th-k12 :) And you can keep your VAT discount

mmm what is that K-12 stand for?

I bought mine from Apple th, didn't know about that, luckily they offer me a partial refund as they previously told me I could have claim VAT

Why do they have 2 different websites?