Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Thailand

longstebe

Ahem! I wasn't offended by what you wrote because I presumed you made an off-the-cuff remark, but your 'defense at all cost' attitude just makes the situation worse. It's not a clever thing to say, nor is it anything to get too indignant about

Let it lie.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahem! I wasn't offended by what you wrote because I presumed you made an off-the-cuff remark, but your 'defense at all cost' attitude just makes the situation worse. It's not a clever thing to say, nor is it anything to get too indignant about

Let it lie.

Your right! ….let it lie!

Tall, pretty, very elegant, legs that don't give-up andan ass like an 8 year old school boy….in a see-though dress,

Surely you are not serious?:blink:

get over yourself, it is a common descriptor i have heard many times before.

Tall, pretty, very elegant, legs that don't give-up andan ass like an 8 year old school boy….in a see-though dress,

RogueExpat…….Just for you, Ok…….And I am serious, I think I know which part of what I wrote, you are referring to…… Sorry quick question for you……<deleted> is your beef? Read the post, the fact that my dates ass, was, small and pert…….I thinkI made my point as to how small and pert it was with the reference I made. Ifyou have a conflict with what I said, (the reference)….Maybe you're the one with issues. I was using the 'school boy as a reference of scale! IMHO the ones that bitches the most has more invested in the subject!

and if you dont stop squealing we will have to take you literally.

The one I usually hear is, an ass like a 12 year old fillipina boy.

The one I usually hear is, an ass like a 12 year old fillipina boy.

Ha ha , fair enought!

An oldie, but a goodie. Tossing and catching a 10 baht coin at work, it fell to the floor and started to roll away. I leapt across the room and stomped on it in front of 15 of my Thai staff.

:o Isn't that a hanging offence in Thailand?

Maybe tearing up a banknote??

my first arrival to bkk was by bus from the south, when i bought the ticket i made sure that a meal was included, sure enough the bus stopped, everyone got off and the bus driver made sure to let me know it was time to eat. I had been living in indo for 4 mo's and had just gotten good at eating with my fingers but i noticed the spoons and forks at the table so i didnt use my fingers but by the time the food was served i was starving so i dug in and heaped mounds of food on my plate and started eating, when i looked up from my food i noticed that no one else was eating because i had almost taken it all. that was embarassing but they all just smiled and more food came. when i was in indo i tried to take a bath in the water basin and at 190 cn that was a very tight fit. :o

I once posted a message on Thaivisa forum using almost no punctuation so that people reading it felt like they had suffocated from not being able to take a breath whilst reading it. :lol:

Edited by Latindancer

My most embarrassing moment is really hours.

It is the time I spend on TV debating important issues with people who were given a brain and a heart but appear to have lost the operators manual.

My most embarrassing moment is really hours.

It is the time I spend on TV debating important issues with people who were given a brain and a heart but appear to have lost the operators manual.

Important issues? Would you be referring to issues such as how are millions of Sudanese going to find food and water to survive over the coming months or whether somone knows how to top up their sim card? How can we bring an end to the human rights violations being carried out in Syria, Bahrain and Libya or "what is your most embarrassing moment in Thailand?

Get a grip lad. :D

Another one springs to mind.

As a single man in my much younger days living on Bangkok and carrying a basket of clothing to my apartment block's laundry. The woman who ran it had a rather cute daughter of about 19 who sometimes helped her out with the ironing etc and was always worth a discrete ogle.

Result! She was there. Giving her what I hoped was my best " no I'm not a potential stalker and present no danger to you at all " smile I was rewarded with a shy beam.

My charming grin quickly disappearing as I handed her my washing basket and, glancing down, noticing in horror a pair of my underpants poking out from under the rest of the clothes with a skidmark a top fuel dragster would have been proud of in plain view.

Oh, man. I cringed when I read that! No post is going to top that.

You're number one with your number two.:lol:

What on earth did you say/do?

What on earth did she say/do?

Edited by happyrobert

A 'friend' of mine has a bungalow in a nice quiet moo baan. One morning we were outside and one of the.local Burmese labourers was sweeping the road. He was wearing a sarong which seemed to overly amuse my 'friend'. Waking over to the Burmese and started saying "no surprise you've got a dress on thats womens work what are you doing sweeping up?" The Burmese who I knew could speak some English showed remarkable restraint and kept his head down. Using my best Thai I apologised for my 'friend' and said he was an old idiot.

Does dropping the string of wrapped condoms on a lady's head in the airplane while trying to get my passport out to do my paperwork count? The Marine kid that was sitting next to me said it was the funniest shoot he'd ever seen when the lady's husband handed em back to me.

Edited by djvolak

2004 - on my second visit to LOS. I had organised a 13th floor Pattaya condo for 3 months. I was keen to practice my Thai language skills. Headed off to a Boyztown bar with 3 Thai friends for drinks. Me - I'm a non-drinker - but warm night, plenty of eye-candy, a few Malibu rum and orange juices and I was very happy.

Along comes a mahout and his baby elephant. The idea is the mahout sells you a bunch of bananas - which you feed to his elephant. Me - after a few drinks asked (in my best Thai) if I could buy some bananas to feed his elephant. That's what I thought I asked. In fact - I asked if I could buy his elephant and some bananas!

The mahout was very happy - elephants are very expensive to maintain - and here was a farang who wanted to buy his elephant! He went away to get drunk. My Thai friends asked me if the landlord would approve of us keeping an elephant (admittedly a baby one) in the condo.

Then the penny dropped. I had to quickly explain that I wanted to buy bananas - not the elephant! They took off and quickly caught up with the mahout. They gave him 2 bottles of Thai whisky as compensation and gave him back his elephant. Later that night I saw 'my' elephant being loaded onto the back of a baht bus.

I am rather careful even now - how I practice my Thai language skills.

There have been so many hard to say which was most embarrassing. Everyday there are multiple experiences that embarrass me. But I will give you one anyways.About 15 years ago after my annual holiday in Thailand I was leaving Pitsanulok where i stayed for most of the holiday. When i went to the train station to catch my train some friends showed up who knew I was going. One was a good friend a man married with kids. The other three to my horror where women. One was teacher I had spent sometime t with. Another was a young beauty of 20 who came to my room often to give massages. The third was a politicians daughter who shared a short romance with me. My male friend was in shock for he hsd came with the politician who was his neighbour. The air was so tense I was unable to do anything I just wanted to get on the train and go.We were all on the platform for around 5 minutes before i was able to board the train.No one said a thing but no one left. I took a picture of all of them together trying to be polite. When i got it developed it scared me some the looks they were giving the camera. I think all the people present were embarrassed. No one knew of the others till I was leaving.

LOL! Yes, this is exactly the reason why I avoid facebook. My "friends" can see who my other "friends" are - and if I don't let them see, they'll be upset.

I'd lived here about a month and my landlady at the time seemed to think I was a wealthy high roller. She was introducing me everyday to girls from "good families" and so forth. Anyway, one day I'm coming out of the shower with a too small towel wrapped around my waist. Standing outside the hong nam is my landlady and Chao Duangduen, the princess of Chiang Mai. If I wai her the towel falls off. If i don't I'm an asshol_e. So I make an apologetic one handed wai on the way to the bedrrom to get dressed. Looked an idiot I'm sure. Don't Thais ever knock?

No, Thais don't knock: Traditional Thai houses don't have doors. I have often seen the whole family (three generations) sleeping in one big room, and the most recently-weds having an area only partioned off with a curtain.

I received embarrassed looks when I asked where the children came from.

Without a doubt, the time when, having newly arrived in Thailand, I decided to helpfully clean up an interior-building Buddhist shrine by clearing away all the open Fanta bottles and half-full glasses of water some obviously culturally-insensitive louts had thoughtlessly left lying about, complete with protruding drinking straws.

;>

Edited by disambiguated

My partner constantly embarrasses me when in typical Thai fashion she tells everyone about my personal problems, from sexual performance to constipation.

I must admit Tonto mate you could have used a better comparison though. Maybe " She had an ass like a malnourished Ethiopian " :D

Yer mca, maybe your right, a better comparison.

How about; ass liketwo ferrets, wrestling, in a very small sack. Animal lovers OK with that?

I've got 2 ferrets and I'm fine with that although I can't say it turns me on that much.

Does dropping the string of wrapped condoms on a lady's head in the airplane while trying to get my passport out to do my paperwork count? The Marine kid that was sitting next to me said it was the funniest shoot he'd ever seen when the lady's husband handed em back to me.

:lol: :lol:

Yah, that WOULD rank up there with the rest of embarrassing moments. :jap:

No, Thais don't knock: Traditional Thai houses don't have doors. I have often seen the whole family (three generations) sleeping in one big room, and the most recently-weds having an area only partioned off with a curtain.

Some traditional Thai-style homes are perfectly suited for fitted doors to be locked.

Some folks get the message real quick.

When i was In a place called Rannong, i was doing a Visa run to Burma, I stopped for some food with my wife at a local market, We had some Soup,as we where eating it a young girl stood a few feet away from us just watching every mouthful, My wife spoke to her She was seven, she told her that her mother was ill and that she could not go to work , so the little girl had not eaten for two days. I Just felt how lucky i was to be able to travel and live a reasonable life style in This country when the people are having such ahard time, Yes i was embarrassed i bought the child enough food for her to take home to eat for at least a week, I know not what you expect but not all Embarrassment is funny.

Such a sad story and I understand what you mean about it being embarrassing but not funny. Glad you did the right thing.

Using a squat in a restaurant with a 2000 PSI bum wash ..impacted scrotum and a facial....soaked and besmeared shorts....disgusting...but I still stood there laughing and nearly crying to myself...Brit humour being what it is, makes for a good story over the Sunday roast though...

^^ Guess your username should have been a clue. :lol:

Many people asked what my nick name means, they seems to think it's a form of saying "Shut up" :rolleyes: , but it's not, it's not even an English word and translated it, it means "Screw". ;)

And is this embarrassing for you? :jap:

My partner constantly embarrasses me when in typical Thai fashion she tells everyone about my personal problems, from sexual performance to constipation.

Why on earth do you let her go on doing it?

When I first came here back in 2003, it was meant as a stop off on the way to Oz, never made it to OZ. I was teaching for a while until I got a plan. I was an awful teacher and promptly gave it up after a few months. I was in my early twenties and fond of heading out, and living the hedonist lifestyle. One day in the early morning class, I was feeling pretty bad from the night before. I had been in India before, and had a bad stomach, that i could not seem to rid myself off. Anyway, that morning all the class had filed in, I think they were a year 3 or something. An awful cramp came over my stomach, and the old sphincter muscle gave way, and basically I sh*t myself. I quickly excused myself, got out of the class, went into the mosquito infested splash toilet and tried to get cleaned up, at least the caking part anyway. However, the heat and those trousers were not going to be cleaned up. So jumped in a taxi, and back to the condo. Horrible feeling. That had been the second time in 2 years. The first time it happened was in India, and it happened with shorts on, outside the front of a guest house as I fondled to get my key to get in the front door. That was everywhere through the guest house hall way floor, tiled thankfully. Got into the room, and got onto the toilet and alas, there was nothing left. That was the result of drinking water from a shower head in India. Had woke up with a fever and forgotten to bottled water, and it was 45 degrees, with only a fan. I needed water desperately. Everything was fine until the next day. The kicker was that there was no real warning. Usually you get warning. The second time was the result of a much more deadly concoction that the shower head water in India....the second time was the result of too many beer Changs,lol.