Ice In The Aircon

nullx8

Heyhoo

I have the aircon in the bedroom set to 27 usally. Sometime there is water iside the casing (wich is more as normal)

(the pipe is free)

Set the ac to 26 or lower results in big ice-blocks in the casing

Any idea how to prevent that ?

lopburi3' timestamp='1305000227' post='4413447']

Unit needs service as coolant level is likely not right.

From my experience of servicing cooling devices quite some years ago , external icing is caused by too much refrigerant in the system , have the pressures checked by a technician with the appropriate equipment .

From my experience it is usually restricted airflow over the heat exchanger. Check the filter to see if its dirty. In our case I had to dismantle the unit and clean the cylindrical fan which was choked with dust and dirt caused limited airflow. Once cleaned the airflow was restored and the icing stopped.

From my experience of servicing cooling devices quite some years ago , external icing is caused by too much refrigerant in the system , have the pressures checked by a technician with the appropriate equipment .

it's the other way round. coolant is missing, unit needs to be topped up. easier to check at the outside unit (at the valves to which pressure and suction pipes are connected).