Dog'S Health Certificate And Usda Endorsement

I have a question about the "Vet Health Certificate" and the "USDA Endorsement" required. From what I have read, the "Vet Health Certificate" is required within 10 days of departure from the USA to Thailand. That is OK because I can arrange it ahead of time, but how do I get the "USDA Endorsement"? According to the USDA website, the closest USDA office is 450 miles away from me, so I have to mail in the forms. It sounds impossible that the forms will be sent, received, processed, and sent back within 10 days. Does anybody know the process for this?

Also does anybody know where to find a USDA Accredited Veterinarian? I cannot find a list of them. I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Edited by gray42

• 2 weeks later...

Any vet can do the shots and fill out the form for you if they have the form . Each state has an office USDA VETERNARY MATERS , that will stamp the form and send it back to you . They will not stamp it before the 10 days before you depart . Your dog must be examined by the vet within 10 days of departure . I took mine in a few months and made sure she had all her shots and the Vet had the form . Then on the tenth day prior to leaving I brought my dog to the vet she looked at her signed the form I sent it UPS over night with an over night return along with a check for $35.00 . They got it the next day and sent it back to me same day so I had the form 7 days before I left .

But the form must be the USDA Import export form it has like 6 copies . If you need more information PM me and I ll try and help you I imported my dog last year from the US was not too much trouble ....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just look for a vet who handles pets of people who frequently travel. I'm sure LA there must be plenty of them!

In my case, when I went to my local vet and told them I needed an exam certificate to import my dog to Thailand, they looked up the required procedures in a reference book right on their desk! The health certificate that they gave me has a small orange colored stamp of the USDA on it. I got 3 copies (1) to give to the Thai officials, (2) an identical copy for myself to carry and (3) a non-certified copy.

The next step is getting a working Fax number of the Thai Animal customs officials in order to submit the documentation.....please let me know if you get a working Fax number!