Interview This Morning 05/10/05

Hiya all,

So, woke up this morning about 5:30am to get ready, felt a little shaky myself, but hey it was early. O was calm but not talking much. Ate breakfast and then headed off towards the embassy.

Arrived 7:24am and joined the line of 4 already there. I was told to leave the line (just stand to the side) as I wasn't allowed in. 7:30 she went inside with a little nervous smile.

I paced outside like an expected father, I needed to smoke, I needed to drink, I also needed to yell but most of all wanted time to hurry up. 8:00am time for the interview, this came and went.

O went in to the interview at 8:10am, a female ECO and a male translator. The first question was if she was ok for the interview. Then simple ones about my name, what I do and about my brother and sisters.

Then she asked if we had the doctor's note about her pregnancy, she did. Things got better after that, each question asked (and answered) was followed by 'Are you ok to go on?'. The best things in out folder which really helped (all added from advice here) were the doctor's note, and the two cover letters.

Then the 'Is there anything you would like to add?' Which O said 'yes, please help me get the visa today so my child can grow up with her dad'. (hearing this brought a tear to my eye).

The ECO then said 'Yes, passed, pick up at 3:00pm'

Wahoo, chanting 'we're coming home...............' all round Bangkok. Also found some nice fleece and waterproof (looking) jackets.

Very happy about all this. A HUGE thank you to all who helped and a BIG good luck to all those still waiting.

Thank you all, maybe now I have a little experience I can actually add something to this forum and give a little back.

Top Notch, I'm out to party, speak all later.

MakTB & O (coming to the UK, soon)

Congratulations MakTB on your good news.. have a good one tonight!

PS - Im sure you dont need telling but get her plenty of warm jumpers, hats n gloves etc.... according to the weather man we're in for a hard winter

all the best :o

Whooooooah, excellent news MakTB :o

All the very best to you and O (and the little one). I know exactly how you was feeling. Go get yourself pissed up old boy :D

When are you planning to fly back?

Ditto Rio666uk on the jumpers etc. Mrs BoJangles has now been suitably attired to the conditions over here (and i've got my shorts and T-Shirts ready for new year) :D

When are you planning to fly back?

Cheers All,

Later this month, now I'm back in Samui, need to sell the Jeep and ship PC and stuff back to UK. I'm hoping to get back in and around the 21st of this month.

Some warm jumpers and jackets secured. Our problem is she seems to get bigger by the day and the clothes will be too tight by the time we're back. A big shop in Bangkok I think the day of the flight so should be fine, until we can get decent stuff back home.

After 2 years being out here, feels good to be returning, Thailand is awesome and I want it to stay that way, it was becoming normal for me. So holidays in Thailand is better than wishing I didn't live here.

Ok, time to pack. hehehe, cheers

MakTB & O

At airport tell them she is 6 months pregnant if she is more than that (cannot fly at more than 7 months) Tip get health letter from where your wife goes for check ups saying she does not have TB, Elephantitis, 3rd stage syphilis I forget the others(check the web), and she shows letter at immigration at UK airport and does not have to be examined at airport.

Tip get health letter from where your wife goes for check ups saying she does not have TB, Elephantitis, 3rd stage syphilis I forget the others(check the web), and she shows letter at immigration at UK airport and does not have to be examined at airport.
Unfortunately, not the case. Such a letter will not stop the IO sending her to the medical centre if s/he is minded to do so. It may or may not be accepted by the medical officer.