Rubber Trees

Love it,for one who is already feeling the heat,and will undoubtedly get burnt,this is the best thread ever,Ill keep reminding you ,great stuff

Your attitude stinks and is more suited to General Topics where bitchfights seem to be the order of the day, I suggest you go and Troll there, why come to this forum and start spreading disharmony amongst a harmonius forum, you have no interest in Farming, you are just a loud mouth with nothing but self promotion on the agenda, if you were in a pub, you would likely be the quiet guy, Mr Normal, here on an anonymous internet forum your the all knowing investment guru who George Soros goes to for advice.

I for one think you are full of shit, and yes, I would say it directly to you if you acted like that in real life, but then again , you wouldn't would you.

I fawking hate wanke_rs like you who just want to disrupt and cast doubt onto hard working guys who are just trying to do their best, I suppose you would go to a Krav Maga forum and tell the guys there that they are doing the wrong style and it is weak therefore so are they, cos you know better, but somehow I doubt that, unless like here, you're totally anonymous.

Go troll on another Forum, or identify yourself and lets see some proof of this financial guru you want to be seen as, you must be well known in Financial circles, wanna go down that route ?

Cock certainly, forget the erdoodledoo.

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 1

Well, after all, no reason for not to invest in rubber or oil palm im Thailand now...

Some answer on my specific questions or still just a wild guess? Everybody knows Burma is a rich country, but digging that treasure takes many years.

Not to speak about the very experience needed to get rubber industry blooming...

As if you didn't know'1 reason to go for Rubber against palm oil is after the life of the rubber tree is over you can then sell it for 1000 baht or more,per tree. ,but a palm oil tree is burnt and worth nothing.In your area I'm sure if you look around I'm sure you'll find other things you can plant in your rubber farm ,to mix your income up a bit.Maybe a government office can give you some good advice on this.I know they have weekend schools on this subject.My wife found 1 going on in Ranong.Or if when you are driving around,keep your eyes open and you will see people growing things in between there rubber trees.If yu happen to be up this way I'd be happy to show you some very successful bananas and mangosteen trees.We are in the process of putting bananas and chilli plants in.The type of chilli is a very short 1 and does not like much sun.We will have 3000,to 10,000 per month.We saw at the market today selling for 120 baht per kilo.I think the pickers get 10baht per kilo.That farm is flat land.If you buy a mountain .paw paw is good,.We are in the process of putting in 1000 plants in our mountain farm.Have seen them grow successfuly.

Be sure to check before planting nam wa bananas .Check there are no seed bananas close by,as your nam wa bananas will become seed bananas.The pollin is transfered by bees from seed bananas to your nam wa.

Cheers Cobbler

Not sure where you are getting this 1000 Baht a tree from. Malaysians plant rubber trees not unly for rubber, but lumber out put and you can make big bucks on the lumber, In Thailand different tree type and from what I hear 20,000 to 30,000 Baht a rai. Not many board feet in RIMM 600 etc. Jim

Seen it, of course it depends on size of tree.But as you know down here have many trees 2 people together have trouble puting there arms around.

Have a good friend here is a middle man .Up to you if you believe me or not.I'm just telling you what I see .Same as bananas growing in yang.Really no skin off my nose one way or other.Trust me I'm not a liar.

Cheers Cobbler

Edited by cobbler

My advise to everybody is just ignore cockheadortwo.If you don't answer him,he'll get bored of bignoteing himself and move onto another forum and bignote himself..He's obviously a very lonely person with nobody to talk to(can't imagine why)Poor guy

If he was so rich he wouldn't feel the need to bignote himself .Go the yang farmers.

Cheers Cobbler

• Like 1

Well, after all, no reason for not to invest in rubber or oil palm im Thailand now...

Some answer on my specific questions or still just a wild guess? Everybody knows Burma is a rich country, but digging that treasure takes many years.

Not to speak about the very experience needed to get rubber industry blooming...

As if you didn't know'1 reason to go for Rubber against palm oil is after the life of the rubber tree is over you can then sell it for 1000 baht or more,per tree. ,but a palm oil tree is burnt and worth nothing.In your area I'm sure if you look around I'm sure you'll find other things you can plant in your rubber farm ,to mix your income up a bit.Maybe a government office can give you some good advice on this.I know they have weekend schools on this subject.My wife found 1 going on in Ranong.Or if when you are driving around,keep your eyes open and you will see people growing things in between there rubber trees.If yu happen to be up this way I'd be happy to show you some very successful bananas and mangosteen trees.We are in the process of putting bananas and chilli plants in.The type of chilli is a very short 1 and does not like much sun.We will have 3000,to 10,000 per month.We saw at the market today selling for 120 baht per kilo.I think the pickers get 10baht per kilo.That farm is flat land.If you buy a mountain .paw paw is good,.We are in the process of putting in 1000 plants in our mountain farm.Have seen them grow successfuly.

Be sure to check before planting nam wa bananas .Check there are no seed bananas close by,as your nam wa bananas will become seed bananas.The pollin is transfered by bees from seed bananas to your nam wa.

Cheers Cobbler

Not sure where you are getting this 1000 Baht a tree from. Malaysians plant rubber trees not unly for rubber, but lumber out put and you can make big bucks on the lumber, In Thailand different tree type and from what I hear 20,000 to 30,000 Baht a rai. Not many board feet in RIMM 600 etc. Jim

Seen it, of course it depends on size of tree.But as you know down here have many trees 2 people together have trouble puting there arms around.

Have a good friend here is a middle man .Up to you if you believe me or not.I'm just telling you what I see .Same as bananas growing in yang.Really no skin off my nose one way or other.Trust me I'm not a liar.

Cheers Cobbler

Then they are not RIMM 600 trees. We had a threat on this subject last year. Some big Malaysian clones produce 300,000 Baht a rai of lumber. Often refered to as Malaysian oak, about $100 US per cubic meter bulk, but no one in these parts grows that type of rubber tree.

I can see how you could grow bananas under such trees, because you would have a hell of a lot less than the 70+ trees per rai. Can you find out what type of tree they are, as I have read some grow to salable lumber in 5 years, but can't find which ones or where to get them. Jim

Hi Jim,Sure mate I'll find out today.My wifes Aunty was offered 2000,000 baht in the hand for 20 rai of yang but she said she still has to get another few years of yang from them yet.

My wife just told me type of tree is a 600 and another is 24?.. something,have a few different types.Sorry I don't know them all.

Also went to take photos of banana trees growing in yang but the 20 rai was already cut down and sold..Average price was 1000 baht per tree.Wish I knew before they cut it down,would have scrounged around and got a lot of free banana trees to grow .

Cheers Cobbler

Most of the trees are 600 in this area mate a lot of these trees are 25 to 30 years old and older than that at time of sale.Trees start at 600 baht to 1000 baht per tree..we are talking big trees mate.But not less than 600 baht per tree.

People who use gas on there yang will kill there trees while trying to get massive yang flow.These people often get nothing as the inside of the tree is shot to bits.But they dont care as they have already made big money in the last 2 to 3 years of the trees life.

Cheers Cobbler

P.S.Correction.Actually the big trees get a lot more than 1000baht but not all.If you saw these trees you can't believe they are yang until you look way up and see the leaves then you know they are yang.most people around here grow 60 to 65 trees per rai more than that per rai and just expect they wont ever get massive However it's advisable to plant.more on mountains as it helps hold the soil together.

Edited by cobbler

Many of these trees have a line that is cut at least 60 cm long and 2 large cups to catch the flow.

You have to get some happy snaps, I have not seen this or 600s that big. Seen them do butcher cuts at the end of the trees life, one high and one low. Sure many members would like to know what other places are paying for rubber lumber and whether they pay by diameter and how much. Jim

Many of these trees have a line that is cut at least 60 cm long and 2 large cups to catch the flow.

You have to get some happy snaps, I have not seen this or 600s that big. Seen them do butcher cuts at the end of the trees life, one high and one low. Sure many members would like to know what other places are paying for rubber lumber and whether they pay by diameter and how much. Jim

I'll do dat but I tryed to put photo on before but the visa said pic is too big or something.Is there a trick to it or something

it'll blow your mind

Mate I don't know how they work out payment.

Yep those as you say ''buthcher cuts'' sure do wreck the tree.We saw 1 farm 15 rai of beautiful trees .cutting 2 sides every night.1 year befor the trees were getting 30 mats per day45 kilos. but when we saw them they were down to 15 per day.Wat a shame

If tyou ever plan a trip down here I'd be happy to show you around.We are not rich but we can give you a bed and some yang seeds to eat.lol

MAte I'll show you bananas in yang mangosteen.Bamboo,type you eat

Cheers Cobbler

Cobbler

Edited by cobbler

I'll do dat but I tryed to put photo on before but the visa said pic is too big or something.Is there a trick to it or something

it'll blow your mind

Cobbler

Don't know the answer to that, if you can't load it e mail me the photo;s and I will try and load them. E mail is in my profile. Oh and try and measure one or 2 one meter from the ground and have a guess at the height where the main branches come out. That's how you work out the volume, I think. good luck. Jim

it'll blow your mind

Cobbler

Don't know the answer to that, if you can't load it e mail me the photo;s and I will try and load them. E mail is in my profile. Oh and try and measure one or 2 one meter from the ground and have a guess at the height where the main branches come out. That's how you work out the volume, I think. good luck. Jim

Ok I'll do that .Not tonight though.We are going to Racherburri to the big vegi market there.They are buying the chillis we are growing for 150baht per kilo.We want to be sure we know what we are doing before we rock up with a 1000 kilo load of chillisDont want to bring the little bastards home again Edited by cobbler

OK need some input. Wife is getting really cheesed off, with the wet nights, daytime is much drier. No tapping this month. She is telling me she will tell our Burma to cut daytime. Any thoughts on this please?

OK need some input. Wife is getting really cheesed off, with the wet nights, daytime is much drier. No tapping this month. She is telling me she will tell our Burma to cut daytime. Any thoughts on this please?

Had to day time tap last year or any time it stopped raining. Makes no difference to the trees, just that you get more latex out in the dark, cool of the night. We have been having rains everyday and are tapping at night still, but not at the usual times. Sometimes at 10pm others at 5am. Just got to go for it when the dry moment comes. Jim

Thx Jim, as an indication, we've just sold 4 days harvest, that has taken 3 - 4 weeks to collect.

Hi Mosha.As if you didn't know .Just be sure your trees are dry,because if you tap wet trees,wet bark ,bacteria will set in.We had 1 myanmar so keen to make money he'd tap when wet.Ended up we had 200 trees shut down due to bacteria.So we had to put some chemical mixed with water and put it in a watering can and pour around the infected trees then let them rest for the rest of the season.

Cheers Cobbler

Thx Jim, as an indication, we've just sold 4 days harvest, that has taken 3 - 4 weeks to collect.

Hi Mosha.As if you didn't know .Just be sure your trees are dry,because if you tap wet trees,wet bark ,bacteria will set in.We had 1 myanmar so keen to make money he'd tap when wet.Ended up we had 200 trees shut down due to bacteria.So we had to put some chemical mixed with water and put it in a watering can and pour around the infected trees then let them rest for the rest of the season.

Cheers Cobbler

Cobbler you should be applying pun dang, a red power to your trees when tapping in the wet season and even in the drys season at times. It stops the trees getting infected. You can also use Vaseline, which strange enough is an anti bacterial, Used alot in Vietnam I understand. We have very little problem with tree infections in the tapping panels. Jim

Cheers Cobbler

Cobbler you should be applying pun dang, a red power to your trees when tapping in the wet season and even in the drys season at times. It stops the trees getting infected. You can also use Vaseline, which strange enough is an anti bacterial, Used alot in Vietnam I understand. We have very little problem with tree infections in the tapping panels. Jim

Thnx for that Jim,Yep we do that red powder,we even found a liquid wich sticks to the trees a bit better so as not to wash off if rain comes after applying it

I didn't knowabout the vaseline though.That's interesting.So that's the other thing it's good forrbiggrin.png

By the way we didn't get to Racherburri last night.We were dead tired,sold yang yesterday.86 per kilo.not good but better than eating my dog.Today it's 85 ,so I felt better.We left to go to Racherburri about 2 hours ago but got half an hour down the road and the rain was so heavey we turned around and came home again.screw that it's too dangerous for me.Wait another 2 or 3 days or what ever.

Cheers Cobbler

Cheers Cobbler

Thnx for that Jim,Yep we do that red powder,we even found a liquid wich sticks to the trees a bit better so as not to wash off if rain comes after applying it

I didn't knowabout the vaseline though.That's interesting.So that's the other thing it's good forrbiggrin.png

By the way we didn't get to Racherburri last night.We were dead tired,sold yang yesterday.86 per kilo.not good but better than eating my dog.Today it's 85 ,so I felt better.We left to go to Racherburri about 2 hours ago but got half an hour down the road and the rain was so heavey we turned around and came home again.screw that it's too dangerous for me.Wait another 2 or 3 days or what ever.

Cheers Cobbler

Strange enough today was our first sale of RSS, we only sold from the largest plantation as we had a staffing problem and were doing cup on ther others. They went on to sheet about 2 weeks ago. Wifes on the floor with the workers from the sheet plantation. The counitng recounting handing of moeny to and throw has been going on for a hour. The ritual bottle of whiskey is sitting here, for when all the pay, fertiliser costs, money the tappers owe us [they borrow ] at the start of the season for fuel and sometimes rice. Not happy with the price 87. 45 a kilo, but output was good from that plantation even with the rains, they managed 1760 kilos of sheet. Hope the other do as well. Time for beer an whiskey and to grab some cash before the wife decides it's time for a new car. Jim

Can concur about day/night time tapping. Cut when you can, in between the rain. If cloudy and no sun, you can even get a decent amount daytime. Something is better than nothing. And it keeps the tree in "synch". My missus will even do a lunchtime cut ! Had two "white-outs" last week - complete write-offs, 1000 trees cut, huge, out of the blue downpours, no time for the formic. Sad. Re; red powder, my missus paints her trees about every 4-6 weeks.

Regards,

Mike.

Can concur about day/night time tapping. Cut when you can, in between the rain. If cloudy and no sun, you can even get a decent amount daytime. Something is better than nothing. And it keeps the tree in "synch". My missus will even do a lunchtime cut ! Had two "white-outs" last week - complete write-offs, 1000 trees cut, huge, out of the blue downpours, no time for the formic. Sad. Re; red powder, my missus paints her trees about every 4-6 weeks.

Regards,

Mike.

As they say make hay while the sun shines. The latex flows in cood weather and no wind. It's dark in a plantation so sun is not really a problem. Every kilo is money and I like to have some [ if the wife allows ] Jim

Not to extend the pain but there is no reason to expect the current downturn to kill rubber prices forever. If you go back in time there was the S&L scandals, the dot com bubble, Y2K, Enron and accounting issues, the return of Hong Kong to China, etc, etc, etc. At each of these events the doom and gloomers came out and cried that the sky was falling. In 2008 the US had a major reversal, now Europe is suffering and the East is no longer seeing double digit growth.

In the long run these things too will pass. Oil prices will go up again soon and when they do $150/bbl US is likely. Global economies/growth have/has been stagnant since 2007. This all means that now is a good time to be investing. It may be that we have to suffer through 6-24 months of stagnant growth but things will turn around. These things happen in cycles, we are due to have an upswing, this upswing will likely last 3-5 years then we will have a new downswing. During the upswing the news will shout out that this is a new economic paradigm and we will all be walking on streets of gold soon. During the downswing the news will shout out that this is the beginning of the end of capital markets and that anarchy will soon follow. Both will be wrong and 100 years from now these things will be noise around a 6-8% post inflation return on global markets (as we have seen for the past 100 years).

Will rubber be worth 10 times more in 10 years? Unlikely, but possible.

Will rubber be valueless in 10 years? Unlikely, but possible.

Anyone who says they know what will happen is either a fraud or a fool.

Just my 2 cents, ....... back to farming.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Daking.

I first decided to get into Yang trees in November 2008.

At that time the average price of RSS3 was *44baht/kg. and still falling.

I did my sums with my 'rose tinted glasses' on, which indicated that this could be profitable, but only just.

The same source indicates that last months price was 107baht/Kg. Admittedly it has been falling for some time now but, in the words of Darking 'we are due to have an upswing'.

I see no Armageddon here in Paradise.

In fact, here on the banks of the Mekong near Mukdahan, it has not rained for over a week.

My optimism is starting to pay off already.

Clive

*source: IRCO.biz - Thailand

• Like 1

Dear everybody.Except cokerdoodledoocheesy.gif

Happier times are here again. ,PM just announced that yang has a guaranteed price of 100 baht per kilo.Thailand has borrowed many billion baht from IMF.So they allocated 15,000,000 baht to guarantee yang to be 100 baht per kilo.Hope you can all understand this.

My wife says it's not sustainable and Thai will have a very big crash in about 3 years,and the PM don't care because her term will be finnished by then.As for now though we should be thankful and let the white gold flow.

Cheers Cobbler

I am curious on what different planting configurations are being used. Has anyone planted in anything other than 7 meters by 3 meters? If so what did you use and how is it working out?

Thanks,

-k

You can put more in if you like but think like this,even try this little exercise if you like.Get your self some radish seeds and follow the instructions for 4 rows ,then do another 4 rows but put them closer together.You will see the radishes in the second group will not grow half as good as the 1st group.Why?Because you can only get x amount of goodies from x amount of soil.If you add different plants together ,that's different,why?Because different plants take out and add different nutrients to the soil.

I hope I put this so you can understand.

Cheers Cobbler

I understand that.. and that is assuming the latest local knowledge is already perfectly optimized. I think we all know how likely that is. After all, over the years they have revised their recommendations at least once.

Earlier in the thread people were discussing various configurations. I simply want to take a poll on what people are using and see how it is working out for them. Are you planted at 7x3 as well?

-k

I am curious on what different planting configurations are being used. Has anyone planted in anything other than 7 meters by 3 meters? If so what did you use and how is it working out?

Thanks,

-k

I use 6 meter by 3 meters, seems to work just fine

BTW sold cup rubber today for 51 baht per kilo, up from 46 baht per kilo last month.

Hopefully the trend is my friend

Dear everybody.Except cokerdoodledoocheesy.gif

Happier times are here again. ,PM just announced that yang has a guaranteed price of 100 baht per kilo.Thailand has borrowed many billion baht from IMF.So they allocated 15,000,000 baht to guarantee yang to be 100 baht per kilo.Hope you can all understand this.

My wife says it's not sustainable and Thai will have a very big crash in about 3 years,and the PM don't care because her term will be finnished by then.As for now though we should be thankful and let the white gold flow.

Cheers Cobbler

H'mm is this what it's about?

http://breakingimpor...s-at-week-high/

Edited by Mosha

I understand that.. and that is assuming the latest local knowledge is already perfectly optimized. I think we all know how likely that is. After all, over the years they have revised their recommendations at least once.

Earlier in the thread people were discussing various configurations. I simply want to take a poll on what people are using and see how it is working out for them. Are you planted at 7x3 as well?

-k

Hi Kolohe,

Yes we do on our flat land ,on the mountain its more like 6x3 but only to help hold the soil and prevent erosion.,and after seeing people's trees that have been doing this for 2 or more generations .They have tried and seen many different confurations of trees , fertilizer and when to put it on and how and things we as falang can't even think of trying.We come here and chat on a thread with 4 or 6 other people who have been here for 4 or 10 years and think we know more than locals.Maybe it's different in your area.We generally follow there tried and proven ways.6x3 will be fine but at the other end of the trees growth don't expect they will get as big as trees 7x3.We could all be dead by then so don't worry yourself too much.If you are happy with the kilos per rai then that's all that matters.

Cheers Cobbler

• Like 1