Rubber Trees

The Hunt brothers tried to contol the silver market a few decades ago and found there were way more influences than they had planned on. They lost their <deleted>.

The Thai ministey is trying to deal in a commodity market which it appears they have virtually no experience in, against player/influence that may not have been considered and to top it off, unlike the Hunts,they are not working with personal assets

I can think of no ag product that the government has not meddled with and subsquently screwed up the market, including and since the lamyai/garlic fiscos.

Thanks.I got now.

A week ago I loaded the pickup with 900kg of crepe sheets and rang wife call the local small factory. The same factory that does the creping. Wife said they're not buy today. Hmmph, could'a told me that when you spoke with them earlier in the day na? She suggests I unload and stack all under the carport at our house. I opted to stack all back at the drying shed on the farm rather.

Factory hadn't been buying for a week now as prices have crashed and they keep saying sit tight. Hmmp

Today I decided to re-hang the sheets on the drying racks as they seemed to be getting a bit of mold being stacked on the floor. Started peeling off crepe sheets and watching the mold dust fly and hanging on the first rolling rack. I notice the stacked pile seems warm and the next few sheets were more stuck on the pile - pull harder. Get another ten off and the center of the pile is hot, like almost too hot to touch! <deleted>? The remaining 825kg of sheets was darn well melted or fuzed in the center and wasn't going to be pulled apart.

Had my two boys come help pull sheets apart and then brought the sort of dull kitchen butcher knife, and we spent the next three hours cutting and pulling the large glob apart. I would say the hot center of the pile was 180f degrees +/- 10. Half the sheets were mostly fused together and only came apart as large cut slabs. Note to self: have wife find out who will buy fused rubber crepe globs.

SOOOooooo, if you're saving crepe sheets, only hang them, not lay flat. That may or may not apply to mats too. We know it applies to opened bags of kee-yang as wife thought it ok to make a pile on her last buying binge and 5 days later I was among the sorry soles pulling it appart to load on truck.

Add this to the sa-too-pid falang rubber manual.

:-/

A week ago I loaded the pickup with 900kg of crepe sheets and rang wife call the local small factory. The same factory that does the creping. Wife said they're not buy today. Hmmph, could'a told me that when you spoke with them earlier in the day na? She suggests I unload and stack all under the carport at our house. I opted to stack all back at the drying shed on the farm rather.

Factory hadn't been buying for a week now as prices have crashed and they keep saying sit tight. Hmmp

Today I decided to re-hang the sheets on the drying racks as they seemed to be getting a bit of mold being stacked on the floor. Started peeling off crepe sheets and watching the mold dust fly and hanging on the first rolling rack. I notice the stacked pile seems warm and the next few sheets were more stuck on the pile - pull harder. Get another ten off and the center of the pile is hot, like almost too hot to touch! <deleted>? The remaining 825kg of sheets was darn well melted or fuzed in the center and wasn't going to be pulled apart.

Had my two boys come help pull sheets apart and then brought the sort of dull kitchen butcher knife, and we spent the next three hours cutting and pulling the large glob apart. I would say the hot center of the pile was 180f degrees +/- 10. Half the sheets were mostly fused together and only came apart as large cut slabs. Note to self: have wife find out who will buy fused rubber crepe globs.

SOOOooooo, if you're saving crepe sheets, only hang them, not lay flat. That may or may not apply to mats too. We know it applies to opened bags of kee-yang as wife thought it ok to make a pile on her last buying binge and 5 days later I was among the sorry soles pulling it appart to load on truck.

Add this to the sa-too-pid falang rubber manual.

:-/

Prepare yourself to take a lesser price at time of sale on that

Nets been down for a day or so , not been able to reply.

Round here the panic buyers have been round, telling everyone that rubber has collapsed and they will buy 20 Baht a kilo dry cup, 2008 again.

I can't live on less then 70 Baht a kilo and the tappers will pull up stumps for jobs in BKK.

This is not a Thai problem, but a world problem, if no one buys rubber, that means the tire companies close. No need for tires, no need for new cars, no need for new cars no need for iron ore etc. End game fo the west.

Don't think it is the end of western capitalism just yet. Things will pick up, just that cycle of boom and bust.

What pisses me off is that Governments are saving the billionaires and telling the ordinary people it;s there fault.

Hang in and things will get better, I hope. Jim

You are right. All farmers are at the mercy of global forces of which most, here in Thailand, are unaware.

Drought in the USA, floods in China will have effects here. Food shortages are now being forecast for next year.

At the moment demand for rubber is slowing and the outlook is not great. China has been driving demand but is now set for

what economists call a hard landing. With Europe still in the grips of the euro drama and the USA showing little or no growth

it is hard to see where the excess supply of rubber will be taken up.

A resurgent USA is I feel the best hope as I think the chinese bubble has burst. They may keep things bubbling along for a while by spending huge amounts of money on infrascture projects but the writing is on the wall.

I hope I am wrong but feel it will be years rather than months before things turn around.

Nets been down for a day or so , not been able to reply.

Round here the panic buyers have been round, telling everyone that rubber has collapsed and they will buy 20 Baht a kilo dry cup, 2008 again.

I can't live on less then 70 Baht a kilo and the tappers will pull up stumps for jobs in BKK.

This is not a Thai problem, but a world problem, if no one buys rubber, that means the tire companies close. No need for tires, no need for new cars, no need for new cars no need for iron ore etc. End game fo the west.

Don't think it is the end of western capitalism just yet. Things will pick up, just that cycle of boom and bust.

What pisses me off is that Governments are saving the billionaires and telling the ordinary people it;s there fault.

Hang in and things will get better, I hope. Jim

I was hoping the rubber would supplement the company pension, not t'other way round.

And pull ALL the roots out. Dig a hole where it was, pour in some "poon Kow" and a bit of disinfectant, cover the hole in, finish with more poon kow in a circle round the covered up hole. Remove the dead lumber from the land. You only want ONE dead tree, not a bunch of them.

Mike.

ps, if you're lucky, it might have been from a lightning strike, but i doubt it, ca'nt see from the photos.

I believe that the wife is in league with the population of Issan to drive me insane.

Last week when I saw the writing on the wall about falling rubber prices. Wife went to this alleged co op meeting, came home with no real answers, but they will guarantee 100 Baht for grades 1,2 and 3, but you can only sell 300 kilos.

Better than nothing, so off with wife to see the guy who runs the show. Yes 100 Baht, but your rubber is grade 5 so only 70 Baht. I am a bit taken aback as we have no rubber with us and we have been selling for 3 years now and it has always been grades 1, 2 or 3.

Wife is translating and I am not only confused, but getting a bit pissed off. I say to her I thought they had an auction. Yes they do and that's why you have to wait for the money.

So why is this guy offering 70 Baht, because our rubber is grade 5. Round and round it goes and I can make no sense of it.

Today stop in at the Government buyers, they buy on Wednesday and ask if the Government has set a minimum price, as I had read they were going to do.

No, same as usual, bring your rubber and at the end of the day they pay as per auction price in the south minus cost, but if you come on Sunday you will get 90 Baht for RSS 1, 2 and 3. Why, different Government buyer, which Government buyer, don't know. If you don't know, how do you know the price. Someone said they pay 90 Baht.

!0 minutes ago Ex sub Gov comes round and says that the village up the road is having a rubber auction on Saturday and the price will be 90 Baht. How do you know what price the auction will get, my brother runs the auction and he says the price will be 90 Baht.

Strange auction, will just have to attend all 3 and see what the real price is. Trouble being once you unload your rubber it gets mixed with all the others, so then when the real price comes in, it's too late, you can't get your rubber back Jim

• Like 1

can anyone tell me whats happened to this tree, everything around it looks healthy.

post-109118-0-76200300-1344764570_thumb.post-109118-0-46268500-1344764667_thumb.post-109118-0-13121000-1344764765_thumb.

It's <deleted>#&_Dcheesy.gif guy cutting too much when

Is that the technical term?

Sreiously though...We had 4 trees like this on our place.If its the same problem we had,it's caused by bacteria.We had a worker cutting when it was wet..So we sacked him and had the new worker pour some chemical all over the bark of the tree up to 5 foot high.and we let the trees rest for the remainder of that season.Now they are as good as all the other trees..

Cheers Cobbler

I believe that the wife is in league with the population of Issan to drive me insane.

Last week when I saw the writing on the wall about falling rubber prices. Wife went to this alleged co op meeting, came home with no real answers, but they will guarantee 100 Baht for grades 1,2 and 3, but you can only sell 300 kilos.

Better than nothing, so off with wife to see the guy who runs the show. Yes 100 Baht, but your rubber is grade 5 so only 70 Baht. I am a bit taken aback as we have no rubber with us and we have been selling for 3 years now and it has always been grades 1, 2 or 3.

Wife is translating and I am not only confused, but getting a bit pissed off. I say to her I thought they had an auction. Yes they do and that's why you have to wait for the money.

So why is this guy offering 70 Baht, because our rubber is grade 5. Round and round it goes and I can make no sense of it.

Today stop in at the Government buyers, they buy on Wednesday and ask if the Government has set a minimum price, as I had read they were going to do.

No, same as usual, bring your rubber and at the end of the day they pay as per auction price in the south minus cost, but if you come on Sunday you will get 90 Baht for RSS 1, 2 and 3. Why, different Government buyer, which Government buyer, don't know. If you don't know, how do you know the price. Someone said they pay 90 Baht.

!0 minutes ago Ex sub Gov comes round and says that the village up the road is having a rubber auction on Saturday and the price will be 90 Baht. How do you know what price the auction will get, my brother runs the auction and he says the price will be 90 Baht.

Strange auction, will just have to attend all 3 and see what the real price is. Trouble being once you unload your rubber it gets mixed with all the others, so then when the real price comes in, it's too late, you can't get your rubber back Jim

Back to the head banging tree, Jim

• Like 1

Jim Sounds like they aren't telling you the whole storey.This 100 baht per kilo is only paid to the people who have a certain sheet made buy a certain machine.I asked my wife ''who has that machine?'' She told me ''only there mates''Not middle men's mates ,p_l_t_tions mates.Get it now??

The rest of us just have to accept the lesser price.

Cheers Cobbler

Edited by cobbler

Middle men have a big story on the net about ''there opinion'' of whats happening right now in the yang industry in Thai.I can't put it on public view coz It's not good Actually it's a chat thing involving middle men.They are worried this will send them broke.

Cheers cobbler

Middle men have a big story on the net about ''there opinion'' of whats happening right now in the yang industry in Thai.I can't put it on public view coz It's not good Actually it's a chat thing involving middle men.They are worried this will send them broke.

Cheers cobbler

where can we read this cobbler ? by pm if need be cheers

Cheers cobbler

It's in the rakayang .com web site.It's all in thai.You'll have to get your wife to read it'My wife finds these things. Edited by cobbler

Cheers cobbler

It's in the rakayang .com web site.It's all in thai.You'll have to get your wife to read it'My wife finds these things.

ok well i will give that a big body swerve lol... the translation will be too painful ....cheers anyway

Jim Sounds like they aren't telling you the whole storey.This 100 baht per kilo is only paid to the people who have a certain sheet made buy a certain machine.I asked my wife ''who has that machine?'' She told me ''only there mates''Not middle men's mates ,p_l_t_tions mates.Get it now??

The rest of us just have to accept the lesser price.

Cheers Cobbler

Cobbler I have the best rolling machine [ mid size ] 10 rollers and smoking sheds designed by a proper draughtsman from copies from the sheds of the big rubber house, shrunk down. We have had buyers from as far away as Phuket. All have said our rubber is of the highest quality.

Getting the whole story is the problem, Thais will just not admit they don't know and come up with stories to save face. No one can make a decision without someone higher up giving the OK.

When things go bad, as in rubber prices now, the Government can't seem to come up with a real policy as to what to do, so everyone down the chain just comes out with B/S.

All I want is a price, good or bad, not that someone Uncles brother in law will give this if your rubber is this.

Unfortunately it is the Thai way and comes up in every thing from rubber to getting our new fridge/freezer fixed and it drives me around the bend a times. Jim

Jim,If what you say is true,your rubber is of the highest quality,and I'm sure it is.What does that tell you????This 100

baht per kilo is just for there mates

That's exactly what my wife was telling me from the start

Edited by cobbler

Jim are you thinking the price will drop even furtther tomorrrow?30baht per kilo??

No 12 cents US is [without the calculator ] about 13 Baht a kilo, but I note that no rubber was sold by the Government auctions for most of last week, They may in fact pay more than the auction rate and stock pile.

People still need tires for their cars and Goodyear, Bridgestone etc will have to buy some time, it's a poker game and a lot of bluff to see who folds first. The difference now is the speculators aren't playing. The banks are just not lending the money, Jim

Edited by jamescollister

Jim are you thinking the price will drop even furtther tomorrrow?30baht per kilo??

No 12 cents US is [without the calculator ] about 13 Baht a kilo, but I note that no rubber was sold by the Government auctions for most of last week, They may in fact pay more than the auction rate and stock pile.

People still need tires for their cars and Goodyear, Bridgestone etc will have to buy some time, it's a poker game and a lot of bluff to see who folds first. The difference now is the speculators aren't playing. The banks are just not lending the money, Jim

12 cents (US) is approximately 4 baht.

I too am waiting to see what shakes out of all this. The prices are painful. I feel bad for those of you that are relying on this as your sole source of income.

I am heading back to Thailand in a few days. I'll have to close my eyes as I drive past the sign one of the buyers puts out advertising his prices.