Rubber Trees

Worst price in 3 years of tapping. 35.80 baht per kg, kee yang, yesterday at auction, Udon province. production down too, due to unusual hot weather for this time of year, and not cooling down at nights with lots of cloud cover.

Just had a look at my books, first season of tapping 3 years ago, my cutters had tapped 6000 odd kgs, but had made 12,000 baht MORE money up to yesterday, this season so far they have tapped 10,000 odd kgs, 12k LESS money.

TG,

I was hoping to see 40 B / kg. for kee yang.... But not counting on it as I was on a "wait and see" mode. Now that we have some numbers in (not only our own but from other regions and friends), maybe we all can adjust the minimum profit numbers to a more-realistic view.

• 2 weeks later...

Price in thabo 33.20 pr kg, where in udon thani can i get this price thx.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm sorry, but i'm just not repeating myself anymore. Get off your arse and just go back the last few pages. All the info is there in black and white.

Best regards,

Mike.

Still going up, albeit in satangs... auction yesterday Udon province, kee yang at 36.50 baht per kg.

good posting. always like to see your prices, coz its means in the next day or so our man comes and gives us some money. we sell 20-30 kms away from you, but your auction price is usually a baht or so better.

cheers.

You are doing well getting a baht less selling on the gate. Around here it is always 3-4 baht less than at auction.

Mike.

no our "man" is the guy that does the cutting ect.. he also takes the product to the local auction - thungfon. I don't pay a lot of attention to the trees anymore - hence I like your post coz I know when to expect to see some money........

Thoongfoned.Id b carefull not paying attention to your trees.They could b stealing from you and dont know it.Rember tje nicest people are the best con artists Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

thanks for the advice. I take an interest in what the trees push out, not really into monitoring the work that goes into getting it. the trees are producing better then I thought they would at this early stage. so happy with all aspects so far. compare with other local farms and or course the info that's on here.

you can never be 100 percent sure people are not having you over, both here and in Europe, work wise.

• Like 1

Prices in Fang, Mae Ai and Chai Prakarn are down to 27.50 (ish) for wet kee yang......

Anyone here having problems with production / flow with the "colder" weather in the north and northern central plains? No flow for the past 4 days from our entire area.... Bril!!!!!!

Still pumping here in Udon (around 9-10C night time temps), just sold at auction on a "short" fortnight of 6 tappings due to the hols, hence not that many sellers, and even worse, only 3 bidders (normal 8-9), hence a shitty price of 31.30 baht per kg. Should go up again in the new year to around the 35 baht per kg price.

Another frustration today.

Some idiot decided to drive a macro down the narrow lane that divides our farm from the neighbors. Said idiot knocked down about 100m of fence.

Luckily I was planning on replacing that stretch soon anyhow. Maybe some WW2 style tank barricades are in order as well.