Rubber Trees

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry if you thought I was being sarky Scot. I was just commenting on a chat with my step daughter and her reaction. IIRC Jim ised to say 70 baht for mats was his workers thinking it's not worth the effort. I wonder what they think of 60 baht for good quality USS?

Ahhhhhh.... a misunderstanding then... thought he step-daughter statement was.... never mind.....

My very-long-term "happy price" for (good) USS was 65 B/kg. Newin really screwed us all over (if any of you remember the "deal" he gave us all) - plus sub-quality saplings.... Yep, gonna sell off - land prices are good (ATM)... Once again, the upper crust has got us (by the cajones) again.

• Like 1

Could be a wise choice if u can get a price u r happy with.or maybe just wait till next new gov.Dont be surprised if price goes up.Then there will be no denying the bullshit going on with these &lt;deleted&gt;.15million borrowed from imf to pay th promissed 100 per kilo.Not 1 person we new got it.Then there was the big mystery fire in the gov storage facility down south..parasite &lt;deleted&gt;.cripple there own country and citizens.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by cobbler

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry if you thought I was being sarky Scot. I was just commenting on a chat with my step daughter and her reaction. IIRC Jim ised to say 70 baht for mats was his workers thinking it's not worth the effort. I wonder what they think of 60 baht for good quality USS?

Ahhhhhh.... a misunderstanding then... thought he step-daughter statement was.... never mind.....

My very-long-term "happy price" for (good) USS was 65 B/kg. Newin really screwed us all over (if any of you remember the "deal" he gave us all) - plus sub-quality saplings.... Yep, gonna sell off - land prices are good (ATM)... Once again, the upper crust has got us (by the cajones) again.

I should have said, my wife gave her 500 trees, it's her only source of income

• Like 1

Could be a wise choice if u can get a price u r happy with.or maybe just wait till next new gov.Dont be surprised if price goes up.Then there will be no denying the bullshit going on with these &lt;deleted&gt;.15million borrowed from imf to pay th promissed 100 per kilo.Not 1 person we new got it.Then there was the big mystery fire in the gov storage facility down south..parasite cun_ts.cripple there own country and citizens.

Just a side note here..... Suthep is a partner with a VERY LARGE rubber interest in the south and has been systematically been buying up land to ..... drum roll here....... to plant MORE rubber plantations. He's been buying land up even in the north through a lot of his shell companies.

• Like 1

Could be a wise choice if u can get a price u r happy with.or maybe just wait till next new gov.Dont be surprised if price goes up.Then there will be no denying the bullshit going on with these &lt;deleted&gt;.15million borrowed from imf to pay th promissed 100 per kilo.Not 1 person we new got it.Then there was the big mystery fire in the gov storage facility down south..parasite cun_ts.cripple there own country and citizens.

Just a side note here..... Suthep is a partner with a VERY LARGE rubber interest in the south and has been systematically been buying up land to ..... drum roll here....... to plant MORE rubber plantations. He's been buying land up even in the north through a lot of his shell companies.
maybe thats a sign that although rubber is not great .Its still better than most other forms of farming in thai

• Like 1

maybe thats a sign that although rubber is not great .Its still better than most other forms of farming in thai

Yes Cobbler.... agreed. Though I still waiting for the price I WANT from our teak plantations..... These may be pretty good but a LONNNNNG wait for any profit. Still going to play the land baron card tho'.

• Like 1

Yes Cobbler.... agreed. Though I still waiting for the price I WANT from our teak plantations..... These may be pretty good but a LONNNNNG wait for any profit. Still going to play the land baron card tho'.
patients is the key .Although it sometimes is kee

Chok dee

Cheers cobbler

Went to a party up the road last night. About 1 km up the road and about 200' higher, there trees are just turning yellow, that's at least a month behind ours. Another party the other week, a young man was doing his monk duty. He had been in the back of a truck carrying boxes of nam song. The truck crashed and the bottles broke. His arms were a mess, and I've seen bad scars before , I worked in a chemical plant.

Went to a party up the road last night. About 1 km up the road and about 200' higher, there trees are just turning yellow, that's at least a month behind ours. Another party the other week, a young man was doing his monk duty. He had been in the back of a truck carrying boxes of nam song. The truck crashed and the bottles broke. His arms were a mess, and I've seen bad scars before , I worked in a chemical plant.

good warning mosha.sometimes out workers get the odd splash in the eye and it sounds pretty awful

That's not nam som, nor is it the correct formic acid (which comes in 5 litre PLASTIC containers upwards to 50 litres). That is hydrochloric acid, similar to battery acid. Goes nowhere near my trees, if that makes a mess of your skin, what do you think it does over a period of time to the bark of a tree? When making sheet, people do use it, because it is so cheap, but the correct stuff to use is formic. Much healthier for your workers.

• Like 1

Mr thaimotorguzzi.For sure u r right.but the myanmer seem to prefer the nam som or however u say it.So up to them.I even suggested gloges and gloves for them.But that was 4 years ago.Now i just get watever the worker wants to use as that is what they r used to using.They always know wat they r doing .

Cheers Cobbler

Edited by cobbler

That's not nam som, nor is it the correct formic acid (which comes in 5 litre PLASTIC containers upwards to 50 litres). That is hydrochloric acid, similar to battery acid. Goes nowhere near my trees, if that makes a mess of your skin, what do you think it does over a period of time to the bark of a tree? When making sheet, people do use it, because it is so cheap, but the correct stuff to use is formic. Much healthier for your workers.

Er indoors said it was nam song, I don't go near the stuff. When I 1st started working, we used to use acid and hypochlorite to get the dye off of our hands. blink.png Stung like hell if you had a cut.

• Like 2

Back in the day I can remember washing my hands in acetone, leaded gas or whatever other solvent was handy, to get brake dust and dirty old oil of my hands and arms. Worked great but it burned like a bugger if you had a cut. Turned your arms pink for an hour or two and then white as all the outer layer of skin came off. Used to work with very high octane leaded av-gas (if memory serves it was 145 octane for use on the Argus and other supercharged aircraft). It was terrible in winter as it had such a low vapour pressure it would rapidly evaporate at sub-zero temps, basically automatic frost bite if you spill it on yourself. Jet fuel (kerosene) is a cake walk compared to the old aviation fuels.

No cancer yet knock on wood.

Mr thaimotorguzzi.For sure u r right.but the myanmer seem to prefer the nam som or however u say it.So up to them.I even suggested gloges and gloves for them.But that was 4 years ago.Now i just get watever the worker wants to use as that is what they r used to using.They always know wat they r doing .

Cheers Cobbler

Exactly. Gloves and goggles Should not even come into the equation regarding working in any form of rubber production..

Old purple nasty, the 115/145 av-gas. Specifically required for ridiculously overblown radial aviation engines such as this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_R-3350. The big ole Argus could maintain altitude on only one of these puppies and they were famous for running out of oil before they ran out of fuel. 18 radial cylinders in 2 banks, not sure why the Wiki article states it is a low compression engine unless that ratio doesn't include the super charger boost because the only way to keep these puppies from detonating apart was the old 115/145 purple coolaid. ANyhow not to derail the thread back to rubber......

1st burn victim I saw. This bloke returned to work after 6 months off. I can't imagine what he looked like 6 months before. The plant had 4 floors. 50' per floor. the elevator only went to the 3rd and the stairs were on the outside of the building, so you were not supposed to go to the top floor alone. He did, and as he walked past a very nasty acid line, a flange popped. The lads new summat had happened as je had a radio. All the heard was screaming. They found him half way between the top and 3rd floors.

The day I saw him, I was 18 and I was in my 1st manufacturing plant. Rules were we had to be kept in safe areas until then. The electrician who was training me sent me to ask them to start a pump from the control room. I went in and he turned round and I froze. I was horrified. I couldn't speak, and I just turned around and went back. Next time he was on I apologised, but he told me it was ok, he'd had worse reactions.

Edited by Mosha

• 2 weeks later...

Im in Sukhothai and no sign of rain for us sad.png

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am in Qatar and it was raining this morning! Philok has no rain either!

• 2 weeks later...