Pattaya Atm'S

bmanly

I've been out of Pattaya for quite a while and things change all the time so I need an update if you can help.

What is the maximum amount in baht local ATM's will dispense with a foreign Mastercard?

I have a withdrawal limit of $1,000 so I can take out 30k in one hit but last year I had trouble finding an ATM to dispense that much.

I know Pattaya very well so if you do know of an ATM that dispenses more than 25K can you please give me the location, thank you.

I think the limit is the amount of 'notes' they issue. Bangkok Bank ATM only issue 25 so the single limit would be B 25000.( assuming it was filled with B1000 notes) If the ATM only has B 500 notes you will only get B12500.

I think the limit is the amount of 'notes' they issue. Bangkok Bank ATM only issue 25 so the single limit would be B 25000.( assuming it was filled with B1000 notes) If the ATM only has B 500 notes you will only get B12500.

Whatever the stated limit, you can sometimes do two consecutive withdrawals for the maximum stated amount. (For example, if the stated limit is B 20,000, withdraw that, then re-insert your card and withdraw another 20,000.

It is my understanding that all ATM Pool machines in Thailand (which includes all the major Thai banks) allow you 2 withdrawals per day. They don't care if your 2 withdrawals are only 1 minute apart/

Whatever the stated limit, you can sometimes do two consecutive withdrawals for the maximum stated amount. (For example, if the stated limit is B 20,000, withdraw that, then re-insert your card and withdraw another 20,000.

It is my understanding that all ATM Pool machines in Thailand (which includes all the major Thai banks) allow you 2 withdrawals per day. They don't care if your 2 withdrawals are only 1 minute apart/

yes you can do that but only if you want to pay two lots of withdrawal fees for the privilege of using the machine and two lots of withdrawal fees from your bank...........

in fact why not do it four times x 10,000 baht and make it four of everything

or even eight times and make it eight of everything

better still, you could do it 40 x times @ 1000 in x40 minutes and get charged 40 times by your bank and the machine...............

best find an isolated ATM though

i expect those in the queue behind you might get a bit frustrated.........

Even easier, go to a main bank with a exchange booth and withdraw as much as you have credit in your account in one transaction! I do this every month and avoid atm s I us the Bangkok Bank branch on Pratamak road (just up from the south pattaya/second road traffic lights.

Even easier, go to a main bank with a exchange booth and withdraw as much as you have credit in your account in one transaction! I do this every month and avoid atm s I us the Bangkok Bank branch on Pratamak road (just up from the south pattaya/second road traffic lights.

True, all you need to do is hand them your ATM card, passport and fill out a brief form.

Edited by Millard