Nearby Beach - Need Some Quiet Time

siamamerican

Have had a bad year - LOL. 43 years and the shit always seemed to happen to the other guy but of late fate, without mercy, is having too much fun at my expense. Not a bad thing - I was too cocky and free-spirited and this has brought me back to reality.

Anyhow, I want to get away for a few days but don't want the hassles of a long road trip at this point. Does anyone know of a nice beach that is near (1 hour ish) Jomtien/Pattaya? Things are quiet here now in Jomtien but want to see something new. Also, a hotel recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by siamamerican

Ko Samed would fit the bill. Many beaches, some are busy, with a selection of restaurants and bars, but some are quiet. what is your budget for accommodations? Samed has 600 Baht fan bungalows all the way op to 10,000 per night pool villas.

I went to Bang Sare yesterday because I too love it there and really would like to hang my hat there. Without a car, it's too much of a distance by motorbike on a regular basis. Although totally legal, I always get pulled over by the officers at the Na Jomtien sub station on Sukhumvit.

This topic offers some tips to the area:

This bar and their small forum might have answers on accommodations or general stuff:

http://www.bangsare.com/

Bang Saray..20 minutes South..has a few bars and restaurants..not sure about hotels though

There's a couple of hotels there, at least I've seen signs for them but never seen the hotels.

OP could head North to Bang Saen, or nip over to Ko Si Chang (off Sri Racha)

Lucky you OP, for 50 years I've always been the "other guy" and no escaping for a few days either, it's always there every day I wake up, enjoy your change of pace..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thanks guys. Went to Bang Sare last year and had difficulty finding a place stay. Ended up in a run down hotel but liked the town.

How about Rayong for a change of scenery. I've run a few 10K running races there and enjoyed the views on the run. I heard that KR Palace there was a good place to stay. For the life of me I can't find direction to the hotel and will need to have a Thai friend call.

Halfway to Bang Saray there are several 5 star resorts along a nice beach.

The Dor Shada Hotel is a name I recall.

Nice.

Yes, a very nice resort for sure. I walk by there on a regular basis. One is next door that looks good also.

further down is Sunset Village. Very nice, even if you just got for an (expensive) sunset drink. There's another one near there that is also very nice...and has a great beach in front, but I can't remember the name.

Before you get to the Ambassador is The Pinnacle. It's a huge hotel...not bad...and has some good discounts off season if you search a bit on the internet.

Halfway to Bang Saray there are several 5 star resorts along a nice beach.

The Dor Shada Hotel is a name I recall.

Nice.

There's another one near there that is also very nice...and has a great beach in front, but I can't remember the name.

Maybe Sand Sea Sun Resort? Nice beach, pool, and restaurant.